Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

2001 som ss m6 60550 miles.

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 05:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2001 som ss m6 60550 miles.

Year: 2001
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Camaro
Price: $15550
Mileage: 60500
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): IN
Color: Orange
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

First i am sorry for the long post,but this car has alot to offer......please read it all,i think it should answer just about everything.

Looking to sell my 2001 SOM M6 SS with t-tops.
Car has a clean carfax. Car has run flawless with zero problems.
this is a true M6 10 second street car, stock bottom end N/A.
jump in & go........

All motor work was done by Cartek,its there 4x package.
the m6 trans, six speeds inc reworked & it has a cartek clutch that is holding up great.
Rear end is a MWC fab9 with 456 gears.

At Cartek this car put down 475RWHP on their dynojet.
it has run 10.80 @ 128 all motor with a 1.51 60' & has more in it with a better driver!

Car has 60350 miles on it now & the motor has less than 3500 miles on it since cartek rebuilt it,i have most reciepts.

Mods are:

Motor
CARTEK built stock shortblock (LS1 block), stock crank and rods,ARP rod bolts, flycut stock pistons, CARTEK 4X cam, Comp R lifters, CARTEK 243 4X heads, Cometic head gaskets,CARTEK ported fast 90mm intake with nick williams 90mm t-body, Meziere polished EWP, 42lb/hr injectors, ASP underdrive pulley, rollmaster double roller timing chain,85mm maff,98mm lid,msd 2 step,Kenne Belle BAP, Katech tensioner pulley,chrss1313 ram air just installed May of 2012.
it runs great!

Trans
Sixspeeds Inc stage 2 built T56, CARTEK clutch, TICK adj master, Pro 5.0 shifter with lou's short stick.all of these have less than 3000 miles.
it shifts fine & the clutch is holding great!

Rear end
MWC fab9 powder coated black & back braced, narrowed 3" per side with aluminum yukon thru bolt center section,35 spline axles,yukon 4.56 gears on a spool, mwc long t-arm, Spohn dragbar, LCA relocation brackets & PST steel drive shaft, it has a drive shaft loop bolted in to the trans tunnel.rear end is pretty quiet......

Suspension
BMR k member and lower control arms, front and rear QA1's with 275lb springs up front & hotchkis 1" drop springs in the rear, BMR subframe connectors,
SJM rod ended chromoly lower control arms,Wolfe 6 pt. chromoly cage with swing outs, SJM ABS delete, SLP line lock.
all in great working order.

Exterior
Newer SOM paint, new emblem pro stainless ss emblems with stainless rear camaro fill ins & stainless nose emblem.
SLP SS car cover.

Interior
It has black scat procar front seats with black gforce cam lock 3in wide belts certified till 2012 on both front seats.stock monsoon radio & speakers with 12 disk in the rear, shift light, grant steering wheel & the horn does work, tan ozite light weight carpet.

Rims & Tires,Brakes
Bogart RT wheels.
15x4 front and 15x10 rear.
The rear rims are offset for the rear that has been narrowed 3" a side.
Included are the upgraded billet center caps from bogart.
Stock size long studs front and 1/2" rear studs.
Front tires are at 7/32 and rear tires are 5/32.
Front tires are M/T Sportsman S/R 26x6x15
Rear tires are M/T ET Street Radial 325/50/15
Brakes are new brakemotive drilled & slotted front & rear with there brake pads....

Exhaust
Hooker 1 3/4 headers (coated), TSP x-pipe true duals with dynatech race muffler with turn downs under the passenger seat area.(non bullet)

!mods
A/C, pass and driver airbag, steering wheel, rear seats, stock seat belts, front bumper support, rear bumper support, stock grill, side molding, spare tire & jack, front end link bar & brackets.

Since i bought it,it has 2 trips to the track in the last two years with about 10 passes total & the best it went was 10.8? @ 128 with a 1.51 60'.
i have not drove a stick in about 4 years & i am sure with a better driver it is capable of 10.5 in the quarter.with the new ram air,it should pick up 2 MPH & a tenth or two.........?

I bought it 7-5-2010 from mike (sickss228) for $12.500
i have done the following to it since @ the cost of over $8000.
New SOM paint,the clear coat was peeling, MWC fab9, Bogarts & tires, Scat procar seats with black gforce cam lock 3in wide belts, MSD 2 step, new msd wires with new plugs, new mobil 1 oil change, SLP SS car cover, brand new tan t-top shades,12 disk.brakemotive disk & pads.
and the emblem pro stainless SS emblems have not been put on it yet.
i have enough new synthetic mobil 1 atf for the next trans oil change.

mike the previous owner spent in the neighbor hood of $14000 not counting the cost of the car. i have alot of reciepts.....

The not so bad
The paint did not come out as well as i would have liked.dont get me wrong.its beautiful from five foot away but has flaws up real close.
a few of the speakers are on there last leg.the coating on the hooker headers is flaking & has seen better days.there is a small 1" crack in the dash.
last time i drove it i could not get the 12 disk to play...?
and i think one of the pipes on the true dualls might be cracked...?

Note
It has not been to the track with the MWC fab9 with the yukon center & gears...
we set it up at a negative 2 degrees,so some testing & dialing in of the suspension may be needed before a track visit,just to be on the safe side.the yukon center & 456 gears have about 300 miles on it......

PM me for best results......
Thanx John
Attached Thumbnails 2001 som ss m6 60550 miles.-car-01-ss-033.jpg   2001 som ss m6 60550 miles.-car-01-ss-034.jpg   2001 som ss m6 60550 miles.-car-01-ss-036.jpg   2001 som ss m6 60550 miles.-car-01-ss-040.jpg  

Last edited by heymoej; 03-18-2013 at 12:38 AM. Reason: price reduction.
Old 05-26-2012, 08:06 PM
11 Second Club

if you ;paid 12500 for it then i will gladly give you 12500 for it. possible a little more but nothing near the 17k you are asking... beautiful car and i would love to have to but it needs a better price IMHO.

glws and bump for a great ride...
Old 05-26-2012, 08:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bigbadblackws6
if you ;paid 12500 for it then i will gladly give you 12500 for it. possible a little more but nothing near the 17k you are asking... beautiful car and i would love to have to but it needs a better price IMHO.

glws and bump for a great ride...

plus i put over $8000 more cash that i put in it............

yeah, i wish it was like this when i paid $12.500 for it..........
Old 05-27-2012, 08:08 PM
On The Tree

Looks like a nice car but I am kind of with Bigbad. I would think more around $13-14 since it was just a paint job and a rear end. Rear costs $2500 or so. Paint doesn't really count. Plus you drove it and tracked it. $13k would be a good price.
Old 05-27-2012, 08:12 PM
Launching!

this site is such a pain to sell on, I swear.

You list something nice for sale and all the cheapskates come out of the wordwork, trash your car, says its worth less, and totally F up your for sale thread.

If it costs too much, then move on. Its obvious you wont buy it anyway, so why bring the man down?
Old 05-27-2012, 08:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Racer001
this site is such a pain to sell on, I swear.

You list something nice for sale and all the cheapskates come out of the wordwork, trash your car, says its worth less, and totally F up your for sale thread.

If it costs too much, then move on. Its obvious you wont buy it anyway, so why bring the man down?
thank you SIR!

i have bought 2 cars on here & have sold 3.
i know who is serious & who is not on here......its usually quite obviouse to tell the two apart.......i think you know what i meen.

Last edited by heymoej; 05-27-2012 at 08:38 PM.
Old 05-27-2012, 08:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 02gixxersix
Looks like a nice car but I am kind of with Bigbad. I would think more around $13-14 since it was just a paint job and a rear end. Rear costs $2500 or so. Paint doesn't really count. Plus you drove it and tracked it. $13k would be a good price.
these parts are NOT cheap,i have over $4500 in the rear end & rims & tires.......go price just a thru bolt 9" case thats set up & ready for install.

have you priced a paint job lately?

so you are just a little bit off..........good try tho..........

your right i tracked it & so did the guy i bought it from & so will who ever buys it from me........and i drove it maybe 400 miles in 2 years & i am also 55 years old & treat my shyt right.

Last edited by heymoej; 05-27-2012 at 08:33 PM.
Old 05-29-2012, 03:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

i hope everyone had a good memorial day,i did.

god bless our troops!
Old 05-30-2012, 07:56 PM
10 Second Club

Bump for a good guy and a great car! I put alot of time and money into the car before I sold it to John, someone is going to get a car that was put together right with no expense spared! Any questions about the car that John cant answer feel free to ask me. Good luck with the sale John! -Mike
Old 05-31-2012, 03:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by sickss228
Bump for a good guy and a great car! I put alot of time and money into the car before I sold it to John, someone is going to get a car that was put together right with no expense spared! Any questions about the car that John cant answer feel free to ask me. Good luck with the sale John! -Mike
hey mike,how are you & the new house?

thanx for the support & being able to answer any questions that might pop up!

you & me both put in alot of $$$$ in this car & it shows how it performs & looks......what was the mileage when i bought it from you 2 years ago,59955?
it has 60376 miles on it now.....everything done to this car has less than 5000 miles on it or less from all the work you & i have had done to it.

you would love the additions i have done too what you started!
New SOM paint base coat clear coat, MWC fab9 with yukon thru bolt case & yukon 456 gears with timken bearings, Bogarts RT rims 15x4 front and 15x10 rear & tires Front tires are M/T Sportsman S/R 26x6x15 & Rear tires are M/T ET Street Radial 325/50/15,Scat procar seats with black gforce cam lock 3in wide belts, MSD 2 step, msd wires with plugs, new mobil 1 oil change, SLP SS car cover, tan t-top shades,12 disk.brakemotive drilled & slotted disk & pads.chrss1313 ram air.emblem pro stainless SS emblems & rear camaro fill ins,autotrix passenger window fix..........

no more howling 12 bolt,that MWCFAB9 is a monster & with it being narrowed those deep dish bogarts look awesome on it.

and having it repainted to fix the peeling clear coat topped it all off......

the 2step is nice,first time i have had one.
set it for what rpm you want to launch at......push in the clutch & floor the go peddle......simple.

i forgot,we just put a Autotrix Passenger Side Window Fix & the passenger window works fine.....good product if anyone needs to fix a slow window motor.

mike,pm me if you like.....i sent you one about a month ago.....it might of got mixed up like the last one????

all other pms answered.......thanx.
Old 05-31-2012, 11:10 PM
TECH Regular

To the guys bringing the thread down , I bet this car is nice than advertised just as the previous Ss I bought off him was probably the nicest of 4 f-body's I've owned. Honest and upfront don't know if you'll find a better seller!
Old 06-01-2012, 01:58 AM
On The Tree

X2 if you cant afford it GTFO and dont leave your .2 cents
Old 06-01-2012, 11:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 94 s dime
To the guys bringing the thread down , I bet this car is nice than advertised just as the previous Ss I bought off him was probably the nicest of 4 f-body's I've owned. Honest and upfront don't know if you'll find a better seller!
joey,
thank you for the kind words......i am very happy you enjoyed your purchase!

Originally Posted by 01 WS6 6.0
X2 if you cant afford it GTFO and dont leave your .2 cents
yeah it seems pretty simple to do just that........
or if you dont have anything nice to say then dont say it or send it in a PM.?
Old 06-01-2012, 11:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Are you making him an offer on the car or giving a worthless opinion on what he should sell HIS car for???

Paint doesn't really count.
Really??? Seriously??? So if it had crappy paint on it you wouldnt expect to get it any cheaper??? Come on...

Its amazing how many broke *** experts there are on here.

GLWS OP...its a nice car and its your car...ask what YOU feel its worth!
Old 06-02-2012, 11:13 AM
TECH Resident

I actually think its an fair deal. Its an H/C/I M6, SOM Car with low-ish miles for 17K.

GLWS.
Old 06-03-2012, 12:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 97ramsst
Are you making him an offer on the car or giving a worthless opinion on what he should sell HIS car for???

Really??? Seriously??? So if it had crappy paint on it you wouldnt expect to get it any cheaper??? Come on...

Its amazing how many broke *** experts there are on here.

GLWS OP...its a nice car and its your car...ask what YOU feel its worth!

that was my reasoning when i bought the car,i knew i had to have it repainted. so i made my offer on it with that in mind.....$$$$

thank you.

Originally Posted by TheLS1Lover
I actually think its an fair deal. Its an H/C/I M6, SOM Car with low-ish miles for 17K.

GLWS.
thanx man.....
also with built m6,fab9 & full suspension front to back......
Old 06-06-2012, 03:53 PM
Teching In

Very nicely put together car! I have recently been trying to sell my trans am and get the same grief. I mean come on guys just because you think its worth less doesnt mean you need to tear his car down..you guys wont pay that much for it? GREAT now move on! Goodluck with sell! Very nice car!
Old 06-06-2012, 05:13 PM
Teching In

bump for OP, !!! GLWS
Old 06-07-2012, 05:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 91christineb4c
Very nicely put together car! I have recently been trying to sell my trans am and get the same grief. I mean come on guys just because you think its worth less doesnt mean you need to tear his car down..you guys wont pay that much for it? GREAT now move on! Goodluck with
sell! Very nice car!
thank you,
sorry for your grief......good luck on your endeavor!

Originally Posted by forcefed6
bump for OP, !!! GLWS
thanx man! hopefully it will make a new owner happy.....

went to a cruiz in last night, so mileage is now a little over 60405.

ran like a champ...........
Old 06-18-2012, 12:02 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

wow some people are retards, this car has a TON of quality parts, and being that it is a low mileage ss it is definitely a great buy especially since its an SOM car GLWS!

Quick Reply: 2001 som ss m6 60550 miles.