Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

1998 Tahoe LT 4 door 2wd SOLD!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 12:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 1998 Tahoe LT 4 door 2wd SOLD!!!

Year: 1998
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Tahoe
Price: $3000
Mileage: 171000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): FL
Color: Blue
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

Truck SOLD!!!
It is set up to tow. It has Limited slip rear, helwig aftermarket add on rear sway bar, helper springs and shocks installed to keep the vehicle level when towing. This Tahoe came from the factory with HD radiator with integrated trans cooler, and separate oil cooler. A/C compressor was replaced with an updated GM unit almost 2 years ago. Blows cold A/C . Also has rear A/C controls and vents and also blows cold. This Tahoe has the "Barn Doors" (as GM called it) at the back with defroster strips.

Has grey leather interior with grey carpet and grey plastic panels. The leather has some wear but only one tear in the front passengers seat. Gauge cluster includes Speedo, Tach, Oil Pressure, Volts, Water Temp, and Fuel level. There is an after market stereo system installed. 4 newer Polk door speakers, DVD head unit with the ability to add a backup camera (never got around to installing one) 2 amps, one for main speakers and one for the sub. There is a small single 12 in a box in the rear of the truck. The dash was cracked when I bought it several years ago so I bought a dash cover for it.

This truck has run great for me over the past couple of years I have owned it. Most of the front end was rebuilt. Newer Monro reflex front shocks, Idler Arm, inner and outer tie rods all replaced as well as the drag link, and pit-man arm, (couldn't get the old pit-man arm off the drag link) with Moog parts. Intermediate shaft was also replaced with a new GM part. No cheap stuff. On a scanner there were zero codes and zero misfires the last time it was at my mechanics . It does not leak any oil. Does not smoke when started or when you get on it. The alternator was rebuilt locally and upgraded from the original 105 amp to 160 amp with all new bearings, windings, regulator, and brushes. It is the factory case with the same size pulley so the stock belt size remains the same. Battery has been replaced in the past 6 months, as well as new bigger cable from the alternator back to the battery. Has cruise control but has never worked for me. Has intermittent wipers and they work (most stop working). I replaced the delay pack on the wiper motor earlier this year. Over all it has some wear but it has been great to me.
The truck is located in Florida west of the Tampa area. If you are local and want to see it PM me. I have tons of pictures and I also have a pic of the RPO Codes.

[/COLOR]

Last edited by jaycenk; 06-24-2012 at 10:15 AM.
Old 06-13-2012, 12:02 AM
TECH Addict

bump!
Old 06-15-2012, 12:18 AM
TECH Addict

Bump!
Old 06-16-2012, 10:38 AM
TECH Addict

Bump For new Price $3500 OBO
Old 06-17-2012, 12:31 PM
TECH Addict

Bump For Fathers Day. Happy Fathers Day to all the Dads!!!
Old 06-18-2012, 05:06 PM
TECH Addict

Bump for new price!!!
Old 06-19-2012, 11:26 PM
TECH Addict

Bump For the Day
Old 06-20-2012, 01:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

$3000 is a GREAT deal for this IMO. Hell ANYTHING you can find for $3,000 that is decently clean, cold a/c, and a good service history is a GREAT buy considering how jacked up the used car market is right now.
Old 06-21-2012, 10:38 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by AronZ28
$3000 is a GREAT deal for this IMO. Hell ANYTHING you can find for $3,000 that is decently clean, cold a/c, and a good service history is a GREAT buy considering how jacked up the used car market is right now.
Thanks for the comment.
Yea It's not a bad deal and I'm still willing to entertain a best offer on it. It's decent on fuel as well. Got 11 MPG's towing my 21 foot boat to the keys in Drive, not over drive. I only got 9 or 10 mpgs in my old 07 tundra V8 with 5 speed trans making the same trip lol. Nothing leaks. Kind of amazing that nothing on this truck leaks. Not a drop. Trans, Engine, Rear all leak free. I took it on a trip a little over a month ago not towing anything and got 19 mpg Hwy with 4 people, gear for my sisters wedding and luggage for all 4 people for a weeks stay filling the back. It's been good to me but my Father had to sell his 07 super duty for financial reasons and he gave me a deal on it I couldn't refuse.
Bump for the day.
Old 06-21-2012, 11:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Man I wished you lived closer. Noticed there isn't a speck of rust on that trailer hitch, must have been a southern truck its whole life.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:02 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Excellent deal. Bump for you
Old 06-22-2012, 11:17 AM
Teching In

Has the transmission been serviced lately? I'm in Orlando.
Old 06-22-2012, 02:13 PM
TECH Addict

Trans service was done 2 years ago fluid and filter and I added a deep aluminum pan. Fluid smells like the day I put it in and the color is perfect. If I was keeping it I would do it again just for the hell of it. It could go another year with out having to do it but as far as mileage it has 15k on the current fluid and filter.

It has been in Florida all it's life. No rust.

Thank you for the bumps guys I appreciate it.
Old 06-22-2012, 03:17 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by jaycenk
Trans service was done 2 years ago fluid and filter and I added a deep aluminum pan. Fluid smells like the day I put it in and the color is perfect. If I was keeping it I would do it again just for the hell of it. It could go another year with out having to do it but as far as mileage it has 15k on the current fluid and filter.

It has been in Florida all it's life. No rust.

Thank you for the bumps guys I appreciate it.
Sounds good. I'm trying to work a deal on an '04 Tahoe, but if the bank doesn't cooperate, I'll be very interested in your's.
Old 06-24-2012, 10:19 AM
TECH Addict

SOLD for $3000.00
Truck sold this morning in the middle of a tropical storm lol. I only ever seem to sell vehicles when there is a tropical storm over top of us lol.

Quick Reply: 1998 Tahoe LT 4 door 2wd SOLD!!!