Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

1995 Camaro Z28 Convertible LT4/6 spd for sale

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2016, 12:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1995 Camaro Z28 Convertible LT4/6 spd for sale

Year: 1995
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Camaro
Price: $7000
Mileage: 147000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): TX
Color: Black
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

1995 Camaro Z28 LT4 stroker/6 Spd Convertible. Black, DK Charcoal Leather interior. 147K miles.

The original owner was a Texas Attorney who had offices in Houston and San Antonio, so many of those miles are 'commute' miles between the two offices. The second owner purchased it to make it into a fun track/nice day driving car, and did most of the mods you will see below. Shortly after finishing it he took a C5 Z06 around MSR-H, and decided that was the route he wanted to go.

We purchased the car in 2006 with 136K on the clock, to soothe my wife's mid-life-crisis. She drove it mostly on good winter days here usually with the top down. So it's had about 11K miles put on it under our ownership in 9 years. In those 9 years, all I've had to do that was serious was put a new clutch in it, and get a better tune.

My wife doesn't drive it much anymore, and we have many, many other projects to care for so we'd like to thin the herd a bit, and make room in the shop, so we're offering this one up for sale.

The car is equipped as follows:

Engine:
381 LT4 Stroker motor (motor and heads freshened about 11,800 miles ago) Other than long-tubes and a CC206 Cam, that's about all it needs. Runs very strong. It puts 408 HP to the wheels with the 'hot' ECU in it (tuned by G-Force in Friendswood, TX). Getting it to pass emissions with that ECU got to be problematic, so I had PCMs-For-Less create me an 'emissions' ECU. It runs pretty well on that ECU, so that's what is in it now. The car will come with both ECUs.

Stock six speed, short throw Hurst shifter. The clutch disk flung all the friction material off of it a couple of years ago so it has a new Centerforce clutch, PP, new pilot bearing and resurfaced flywheel. I originally-thought the clutch MC had given up, and purchased a new MV/line/throwout bearing kit to install, but didn't need it. That will come with the car.

The car has Pacesetter Long tube headers and 3 inch Flowmaster exhaust. I have three different cats for it, one that is just a shell, another high-flow cat to replace the shell, and a stock-looking cat that I purchased a couple of years ago to make it pass inspections. It has the stock-looking cat under it right now. All will go with the car.

Suspension/Drivetrain:

The car has several suspension mods. They include:

Subframe connectors - not sure of the brand, there's a mix of Hotchkis, Spohn and BMR parts under it.

Eibach/Bilstein "Tuned" suspension. The car is about 1.5" lower than stock. I did replace the rear springs with my Spohn weight jackers off our Firebird, after I replaced those on the race car with other parts. The adjuster tool is in the console.

Hotchkis upper and lower control arms

Spohn adjustable rod-end/rod-end panhard bar. This one is off the Firebird after we installed the Watts link in it.

Super heavy Torque Arm/Driveshaft loop combo. I think this one is a BMR unit. It's kind of noisy in reverse, but okay otherwise. The torque arm connects to the transmission crossmember.

Aftermarket Power Steering Cooler

Stock dif, 3.42 Posi

Brakes:

Powerslot rotors, hawk pads Front. Stock brakes rear. (have hawk pads for the rear but car stops very well as it is.)

The car will come with the parts to do a LS front brake conversion (spindles/calipers/rotors), but we never installed them.

The car sits on factory Z28 wheels, but will come with 17 X 9.5 New Motorsport (Z06) wheels with new Nitto Xtreme tires

Interior:

Bolt in Roll Bar. Unfortunately, when they installed the roll bar, they put the back seat seat back down, so it's there until someone removes the roll bar and sets it back up. We never needed the back seats. The pups don't care.

I found a guy who had some factory seats built with cut-outs for racing harnesses. I have those installed. They work fine for autocross. We also have the original black leather seats that will come with the car.

The car needs a new top. The back window seal has separated at the bottom, and some of the stitching is unravelling, so it's best to drive the car on good, dry days, with the top down, until you get to your destination. Other than that, and the factory paint could stand to be freshened up that's about all the car needs.

We'd like to get $7000 OBO for the car. If you need a way to drag it home (although it'll drive there quite nicely), we can throw in our Texas Bragg Trailer for an extra $1000.
Attached Thumbnails 1995 Camaro Z28 Convertible LT4/6 spd for sale-z28-front-lights-.jpg   1995 Camaro Z28 Convertible LT4/6 spd for sale-z28-side-top-up.jpg   1995 Camaro Z28 Convertible LT4/6 spd for sale-z28-side-view-top-down.jpg   1995 Camaro Z28 Convertible LT4/6 spd for sale-drivers-side-top-down-1.jpg   1995 Camaro Z28 Convertible LT4/6 spd for sale-z28-engine-compartment-2.jpg  

1995 Camaro Z28 Convertible LT4/6 spd for sale-pass-side-interior-top-down.jpg   1995 Camaro Z28 Convertible LT4/6 spd for sale-instrument-panel.jpg   1995 Camaro Z28 Convertible LT4/6 spd for sale-img_1639.jpg   1995 Camaro Z28 Convertible LT4/6 spd for sale-z28-trunk-1.jpg  

Last edited by CrashTestDummy; 01-01-2016 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Add pictures
Old 01-22-2016, 11:24 AM
Staging Lane

The car is still available, as is the trailer. Thanks for looking.
Old 02-09-2016, 01:04 PM
Staging Lane

This car is still available. Thanks for looking.
Old 03-30-2016, 11:44 AM
Staging Lane

Bump. Still available. Thanks.
Old 05-06-2016, 12:36 PM
Staging Lane

Car is still available. You can drive it home, but we also have a open car trailer available. Make you a package deal!!
Old 05-09-2016, 05:07 PM
Teching In

You still have the car?
Old 05-21-2016, 09:48 AM
Staging Lane

Yes, we still have the car. Sorry, don't get over here that often.
Old 06-17-2016, 04:07 PM
Staging Lane

Monthly bump. Thanks for looking.
Old 06-23-2016, 12:20 PM
Teching In

Gene- how is the paint/finish on the car? Looks clean from the photos.

Any reason why I wouldn't be able to fly there and drive this car back to Georgia?

Have a buddy in the Houston area I may ask to come see the car for me.
Old 06-29-2016, 09:25 AM
Staging Lane

The Paint is ok. The paint on the doors is checked some. Definitely not a show car, but we're not ashamed to take it to local cruise-ins. The only issue I'd have with driving it that distance is the top. The top has separated from the bottom of the back window. Otherwise, and mechanically, I'd not have any worries about driving it across the country.

There are a fair amount of spare parts that come with the car, though, and loading those up might be a little tough in a convertible. Thanks.
Old 08-14-2016, 11:56 AM
Staging Lane

The car is still here and available.
Old 09-19-2016, 03:37 PM
Staging Lane

Still available. Thank you.
Old 02-25-2019, 08:54 AM
Staging Lane

This car is sold! Thank you.