Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

1966 GTO-would make a good Pro-Touring Project $3K

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 12:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Red face 1966 GTO-would make a good Pro-Touring Project $3K

Year: 1966
Make: Pontiac
Model: GTO
Price: $3000
Mileage: 0
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): MA
Color: Turquoise
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has other engine

Time has come to sell this car. I thought, like many do, that I would eventually restore this car but it's not feasible for me to do it. So here are the details.
1966 GTO, 242 car, PHS docs. show Marina Turq/Turq interior. 4spd/4bbl, Light group, PS, Rally Clock. It's been a while since I've looked at it but I believe those are the specs.

When I picked up the car in 1994 it was apart. For the most part the car is rust free. It has a quarter size hole in the driver rear quarter and a small hole in the trunk. Floors, dash, firewall, inner/outer fenders, tail panel are all in nice condition. Front fenders need the usual lower patches. Rad support has a bend in the bottom but I think that can be heated and pulled back. It is in nice shape otherwise. Hood and deck lid are also nice.

The came with a 303hp 1964 389 block. It didn't have a frame or rear end. I picked up a 1967 Skylark frame that has been sandblasted but needs to have the usual body mount repairs.

The body is OFF THE FRAME. Body currently sitting on milk crates. The car will come with an extra set of fenders/doors. I also have a NOS door shell that will go along with the sale.
Also included is a 1966 Tempest Custom 4dr parts car. Nice frame/Dash(metal).

The front header panel and grills are in nice shape. One grille is restored, the other needs to be finished. I have two extra dash's(no rally gauges) that will go with the car. Car currently has a 1967 GTO dash in it.

The interior needs to be restored. I have both front and back seats. I think I have an extra set of Turquoise seat covers/door panels. Needs a headliner.
I'm sure I'm leaving out some things that I've aquired for the car over the last 18 years and if someone is serious I'll try to find all the little stuff for the car.
Some pics of the car can be seen in that thread.

http://s181.photobucket.com/albums/x...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20
I have additional parts that can be purchased with the car if desired.

1973 455 block and crank. Standard Bore.

I have a set of 2006 GTO seats that I was going to install and those can be purchased for additional cost.

I have a front set of QA1 coil over shocks and BMR Fabrication rear suspension parts that can be purchased for additional cost.

2004 GTO LS1/T56 with 15K miles.

So, for the GTO/Tempest and the parts that go with the car $3K.

If someone wanted to do the Pro Touring deal that I was going to do, we could negotiate a price for that as well.

The car is located on Cape Cod MA and would have to be picked up there with a truck/trailer and a lot of friends. Bring an extra truck for all the parts. If you're interested please post here or email me:
Chris mrgto455@yahoo.com
Old 09-25-2014, 10:09 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just as a heads up the album is set up as private

Quick Reply: 1966 GTO-would make a good Pro-Touring Project $3K