Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

'01 Trans Am WS6 ROLLER -28K MILES - FULL PARTOUT

Old 10-17-2012, 06:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default '01 Trans Am WS6 ROLLER -28K MILES - FULL PARTOUT

Year: 2001
Make: Pontiac
Model: Trans Am
Price: $1950
Mileage: 28567
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): IN
Color: Red
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

Sold last night at 1:35 AM, thanks for playing gentlemen

Name: Tom Wetmore
w/o Drivetrain: $1,950
w/o big ticket parts listed in last post: $1,000

Willing to partout as well.

==

In 2003, the car was hit in the left front, destroying the hood, bumper, fender, and a lot of the suspension bits underneath, but the frame is straight, but if you know anything about this generation of car, the hoods are worth billions (Ram-Air), so if it's damaged, the car is pretty much auto-totaled. All bits have been replaced and/or put back into shape and is a great low mile running and driving example by using all GM original parts (yes, including the hood). The car has been undergoing slow restoration in a shop in lllinois since 2003, and the owner ran out of money so I purchased the car. With that said, I drove it back from the owner to here in Bloomington without issue. The main issue with the car is the interior which was in the process of being assembled but was not completed. The interior is complete and in the car, but there are small pieces missing such as little plastic clips here and there. The seats are mint, dash is uncracked, and door panels are uncracked as well. I will have a transferred salvage title in addition to a bill of sale for the new owner. As far as I can see, all parts are included unless otherwise noted.
Here is what I have noticed:
New windshield needs installed (current one has a small crack on passenger side) Windshield is included
Inner wheel well plastics need reinstalled (took them out for inspection)
Left Headlight needs the wires switched (goes down when headlight switch is turned on)
Needs new headliner and attaching items (RV mirror, etc.) (This is the only thing I have seen not included)
One reverse light bulb is burned out
Dash/Carpet is dusty and will need Armor-All.
Check lights on from before repairs made, will need cleared
Power simply needs plugged back in to some things (drivers window switch, power seats, and front speakers)
Needs antenna installed
Replaced body parts could use better alignment

Again, this car is an all original T-Top T56 LS1 car even down to the exhaust. Car has Hurst shifter and is an all leather car in immaculate condition, no cracks. After a fair weekend's worth of work, you will have a great car.

This seat has a small dent in the leather from where I had a part resting on it. I have since then massaged the area and brought it back to a new finish.

Uncracked dash, just some dust from sitting inside a shop for 9 years...

Uncracked shifter bezel, all in good condition, will be cleaned before any sale

WS6 Wheels

Last edited by TomShanK; 01-02-2013 at 09:51 AM.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:54 PM
Teching In

To clarify: I would like to trade for a dropout plus cash, or cash in general, accepting all offers.
Old 10-31-2012, 11:34 AM
Teching In

Bumparino.

SUPER HUGE PRICE DROP FOR DAYS.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:42 AM
Teching In

Car has been moved to Fort Wayne, Indiana and all showings from November 17 will be in Northern Indiana.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:36 PM
Teching In

This car has a death date of December 15. If it is not sold by that point, it will be parted out and scrapped/sold.

Price Complete: $6,500 FIRM
Price without Drivetrain: $1,950 FIRM
Price without Drivetrain, Hood, Hatch, Wheels, Leather: $1,000.

Low mileage, titled car ready for transfer. Let's go before I start pulling this thing apart.
Scavengers: If you need parts for your car, start PMing me:
WHAT YOU WANT - HOW MUCH YOU WILL PAY FOR IT SHIPPED TO YOUR DOOR.

Top offer on all of it wins.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:38 PM
Launching!

I'll give you 4500 for the car. Thats more than enough to go buy the drivetrain you want. It's also a good deal since the roller isn't worth much as a salvage title and you will spend alot of time pulling it apart and finding buyers. I have found some pretty cheap drivetrains around stock.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:58 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Radcannon
I'll give you 4500 for the car. Thats more than enough to go buy the drivetrain you want. It's also a good deal since the roller isn't worth much as a salvage title and you will spend alot of time pulling it apart and finding buyers. I have found some pretty cheap drivetrains around stock.
Thank you for the offer, but the "drivetrain I want" is a 450rwhp motor with a built trans which I don't think will happen for $4500, or probably $6500 for that matter.

I appreciate you justifying your offer by calculating my time and labor costs into it, but the car is costing me nothing by sitting outside my shop, so I will probably make a legitimate partout thread this week with major parts and when all is sold, I will part out those parts and scrap the shell, a shame for a real ws6.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:26 PM
Launching!

Whats a shame is I was going to trade you a 450 whp engine with 10k miles on it (and receipts to match), with a new spec stage 3 clutch and B&M ripper shifter but you told me it was only worth 2600 and that you wanted your low mileage motor because you thought it was worth 4500. I had a complete drop in swap tuned and the whole 9. It has now found happy homes from other people in the area.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:04 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Radcannon
Whats a shame is I was going to trade you a 450 whp engine with 10k miles on it (and receipts to match), with a new spec stage 3 clutch and B&M ripper shifter but you told me it was only worth 2600 and that you wanted your low mileage motor because you thought it was worth 4500. I had a complete drop in swap tuned and the whole 9. It has now found happy homes from other people in the area.
After you stopped texting me and wouldn't return my calls, that's what happens surely. I'm sorry we couldn't work something out, it sounds like we had something that could have worked out as a trade.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:47 AM
Teching In

Update: Partout thread will be created, drivetrain is in the process of being pulled now:

Old 12-30-2012, 02:28 PM
On The Tree

PM best price on the hood shipped to 77089
Old 12-30-2012, 10:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Too bad, someone should pick this up as a roller. I wish I had the cash..

Zack
Old 01-01-2013, 11:27 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 01 WS6 6.0
PM best price on the hood shipped to 77089
Not a huge fan of shipping the hood, I know I don't have a box....hoods are going for around $1400 on eBay, so call it around half that for a quick sale at $750 + shipping? Or $700 picked up so I don't have to mess with shipping. Includes latch, brackets, vents, everything you need.

If I get enough people with cash in hand for a partout, then I will begin parting out. Otherwise the car is sold as a roller. So far I have the skirts pending, as well as the wheels, but am taking offers on it all. My PM box has blown up, and I will work on messaging you all back as soon as possible.
Old 01-01-2013, 01:07 PM
9 Second Club

How much for the complete dash? PM for fastest response
Old 01-01-2013, 05:53 PM
Teching In

Sold entire roller for my asking price, pending pickup.

Thanks for playing gentlemen and ladies.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: '01 Trans Am WS6 ROLLER -28K MILES - FULL PARTOUT