Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

1998 Pontiac Trans Am LS1/6 Speed HRE's & Bolt-ons! ($5000 obo firm)

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 02:56 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 1998 Pontiac Trans Am LS1/6 Speed HRE's & Bolt-ons! ($5000 obo firm)

Year: 1998
Make: Pontiac
Model: Trans Am
Price: $5000
Mileage: 119700
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): FL
Color: Black
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

Up for sale is a decently nice 1998 Pontiac Trans AM LS1/6 speed. Vehicle currently makes about 375hp with current bolt ons. Motor and transmission have about 68,000 original miles and the chassis has 120k miles. Recently updated---New carpet/headliner/wheels, recent black paint (decent, not perfect) with custom painted rear bumper and tail lights that you will not see on any other Trans Am in the country. Below are more specs on the car, it is a CLEAN TITLE car so no low ball offers please, reasonable offers will be considered.
Price is $5000 firm obo!!! This is a 14 year old car so dont expect a showroom quality garage queen with immaculate paint, i priced it right for a quick sale. Thanks in advance for looking and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Trans...ht_2022wt_1165

-New OEM original GM dash pad (all these cars have cracked dash pads)
-Forged 3 peice HRE chrome staggered wheels 19x9.5" front and 20x11" rears. 275/40/19 front and 315/35/20 rear (tires are shot, wheels are not perfect(scratches/chips), one wheel has a slightly bent lip but does not affect driveability) Car drives true and straight.
-Fresh black paint job (less then 2 months old) Paint used was the factory GM '98 Firebird black to keep it original and maintain its resale value.
-LS1 5.7 All aluminum engine mated to the best 6 speed out there, the T56 Tremec/Borg Warner unit. This car and engine combo will run high 12's in the 1/4 as it sits in the car. Performance has been verified but car is never raced or abused), daily driver.
-CAGS Skip Shift Eliminator (bypassed stock feature which forces you to shift 1st-4th instead for fuel economy if your revs arent high enough when shifting to 2nd)
-Hooker headers, offroad y-pipe, and OEM original WS6 stainless catback exhaust system. Sounds great, makes great power, and the sounds very good at cruising speeds. Very tame, very functional exhaust.
-3.73 geared stock 10 bolt rear end. Stock suspension rides very smooth.
-Custom painted honeycomb tail lights to match the custom charcoal CETA rear bumper paint scheme. Everything professionally clearcoated so it never loses its shine!!! $$$
-New walbro fuel pump installed as well as fuel filter and all maintenance items (air filter, oil filter, synthetic Mobil 1 Full Synthetic 15w-50, all fluids checked and at the correct level.
-A/C is fully functional and very cold but currently has a small leak in the system (no biggie, simple o-ring replacement)
-Custom fiberglassed 3M Dinoc Carbon Fiber center 6 speed console with OEM leather boot and shifter.

The bad:
Driver side headligtht motor making alittle noise when you turn off the headlights (no biggie, easy plastic gear swap $15-25)
Passenger side taillight is a shade darker then drivers side when lights are on etc due to previous owner/humidity but is now correctly sealed,
Driver seat has a couple small tears on the seat and left bolster, but nothing major like other fbodies have, still looks presentable.

Text for more info, serious inquiries only please!
***786*285*4898***
Thanks

Last edited by fenix999; 01-02-2013 at 10:40 AM. Reason: price change
Old 11-17-2012, 05:36 PM
TECH Resident

BUMP, with a price DROP! TTT
Thanks
Old 11-26-2012, 07:40 PM
TECH Resident

Bump!!! Up on the BAY
Happy Bidding

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=200854649525
Old 12-07-2012, 02:29 AM
TECH Resident

TTT!!! I lowered my prices for the last time and have no problem waiting for a bidder to win at $5199 NO RESERVE. PM me with any questions & good luck! 3 days left!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Trans...ht_2022wt_1165
Old 12-12-2012, 11:27 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how come the engine and trans are lower mileage?
Old 12-13-2012, 06:35 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

any pics of whats in the passenger seat
Old 12-17-2012, 10:25 AM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Is this car still for sale?
Old 12-17-2012, 06:22 PM
Teching In

What he said^
Old 12-17-2012, 07:00 PM
11 Second Club

willing to sell HREs outright? pm me
Old 12-17-2012, 08:24 PM
Launching!

Had everything setup to go buy this car but he was unable to provide me a video of it running before I flew down. As of right now, not sure this car runs.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:01 AM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

^^^^^

Sigh, oh well. OP if this car runs and is still for sale let me know.
Old 12-29-2012, 06:49 PM
Teching In

OK, FYI to everyone possibly considering this car, DON'T. I just drove down to Miami 20 hours round trip, expecting a freshly painted not to rough car for $4500. Pictures are very deceiving, whole car is orange pelled with runs everywhere, scratches all over paint and T-Tops and whole back glass covered in scratches from cats. The whole front clip, bumper and fenders, have been taken off at some point and is missing fog lights and brackets, fenders held on by self tapping screws. Car is missing random parts all over, whole interior is nasty and ripped, will need to be replaced. He is driving car around without inlet being hooked up to air filter, so it is getting all kinds of trash straight through MAF. As I right this, we are still on the way back to Atlanta after 2 full days of driving, and over $600 wasted is expenses. Pulled trailer down and all.... I wouldn't give but maybe $2000 just for drivetrain, which has nothing showing of ever being removed and replaced. OH AND GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR SALE, YOU NEED TO POST CLOSE UP OF ALL ISSUES WITH CAR BEFORE PEOPLE WASTE TIME AND MONEY COMING TO SEE IT!!!!!
Old 12-29-2012, 06:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by ralbert00
OK, FYI to everyone possibly considering this car, DON'T. I just drove down to Miami 20 hours round trip, expecting a freshly painted not to rough car for $4500. Pictures are very deceiving, whole car is orange pelled with runs everywhere, scratches all over paint and T-Tops and whole back glass covered in scratches from cats. The whole front clip, bumper and fenders, have been taken off at some point and is missing fog lights and brackets, fenders held on by self tapping screws. Car is missing random parts all over, whole interior is nasty and ripped, will need to be replaced. He is driving car around without inlet being hooked up to air filter, so it is getting all kinds of trash straight through MAF. As I right this, we are still on the way back to Atlanta after 2 full days of driving, and over $600 wasted is expenses. Pulled trailer down and all.... I wouldn't give but maybe $2000 just for drivetrain, which has nothing showing of ever being removed and replaced. OH AND GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR SALE, YOU NEED TO POST CLOSE UP OF ALL ISSUES WITH CAR BEFORE PEOPLE WASTE TIME AND MONEY COMING TO SEE IT!!!!!

wow that sucks man. i hope this stays up because people need to know . Im sorry you went all this way and got nothing . Ugh so shitty on the sellers part .
Old 12-29-2012, 07:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Original miles on motor trans, that are less than body? Good trick i guess.
X,xxx firm..... Obo
Old 12-30-2012, 07:52 AM
On The Tree

If it's too good to be true....
Old 12-30-2012, 08:13 PM
Teching In

Bump for horrible car
Old 01-02-2013, 10:10 AM
TECH Resident

Thumbs up

Bump for an unrealistic tard who bashes and hijacks my ******* thread. Dude you brought your *** down here with your UNCLES money hitching a ride in someone elses truck with someone elses trailer to offer me less than $2000 because as soon as you saw the car (mind you it looks exactly like it does in pics, not perfect by any means granted) you wanted to restore every last bolt and you honestly expected a low mile showroom paint showroom perfect garage queen while we talked for over a week and i explained everything you would expect with it, even the scratches on a 14 yr old car, excuse me!???? You must be on a f**king crackpipe, people like you shouldnt be allowed to post **** until they have a bit more professionalism and at least are more realistic about whats going on in an honest transaction, i have nothing to hide man. I have texts and videos and calls proving we talked about all this stuff, and you had the ***** to shake my hand and apologize for wasting my time, then come bash me here like a 14 year old facebook b**tch. I shouldve known you were going to be trouble when before even saying hi to me you asked "WHERE ARE THE FOGLIGHTS", clearly you didnt see the 24 high definition pictures with the car missing the stupid foglights? Guess not. How about the ripped seat and "dingy" door panels you mentioned that arent even cracked at all(rare? Nahh). Now you want to say that the whole interior is garbage when the only thing ripped is the drivers seat/bolster. Oh wait i took pictures and told you details on all that over the phone as well. Its in plain view. So what if the fenders have been taken off? They're on the car arent they? The whole car is there isnt it? They should ban your NO feedback having ***. Whoever is serious about purchasing this vehicle and doesnt have to ask their uncle for money to pay him back, private message me and i will be glad to give you all the details on any and everything you ask for, like i said i have nothing to hide and i priced this car accordingly due to the things it is/isnt missing. It is a perfect driver, drivetrain is whats golden here, the whole car and HRE wheels are just a bonus
Old 01-02-2013, 10:12 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ralbert00
Bump for horrible car
Bump for a that keeps bumping my thread up lol I appreciate the attention.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:15 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by lemons12
Original miles on motor trans, that are less than body? Good trick i guess.
X,xxx firm..... Obo
Chassis currently has 121,000. Motor and drivetrain have about 68,000 from my last count. Original engine was blown by previous owner and i bought the roller and put my hardtop Camaro LS1/6 speed drivetrain into it. There are no tricks i have no reason to hide anything, its just the way LS1tech makes me fill in the mileage information. PM me for more info if you're serious and have some money for a good drivetrain. Thanks
Old 01-02-2013, 10:21 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ramairetransam
wow that sucks man. i hope this stays up because people need to know . Im sorry you went all this way and got nothing . Ugh so shitty on the sellers part .
You know what they say when you guys ASSUME. You know what shitty would be??? Shitty would be that the buyer knew all of this, still expected a low mileage perfect car with AMG Mercedes black paint and wants to bash my thread because he forgot he was buying A 14 YEAR OLD CAR. Thats what Yup that would qualify as shitty. Pricing a vehicle correctly, showing pretty good pictures with detail, answering all questions and not being shady about anything, honestly, reasonably, without GIVING THE CAR away to some turd buyer for $1000 lowball offer, NAW thats not right, what must i be thinking?? You guys crack me up on here, i wonder if all people do here sometimes is troll around and cause drama. Ramaire, if you want to hear it from the horses mouth PM me and i will be glad to discuss everything. If you're not interested i dont even know why you're trying to "UP" your post count with a worthless post.

Quick Reply: 1998 Pontiac Trans Am LS1/6 Speed HRE's & Bolt-ons! ($5000 obo firm)