Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

One last time before I keep it and get crazy

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 02:51 AM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default One last time before I keep it and get crazy

Year: 1968
Make: Chevrolet
Model: C/K 10
Price: $6000
Mileage: 15
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): FL
Color: Blue
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

ok guys, this is the last chance offering, I have been debating on getting rid of it or not. I'm buying a house soon, and don't need to sell it, but it would help. if not it's getting torn back apart and getting alot of serious changes. here goes:

let me get this out in the open now, before you read any further. THE TRUCK IS DONE. don't ask me to finish the body work, or talk me down because of how it looks. I built it to look this way and I like it. if you don't like it, look elsewhere. the truck has been built to be a sleeper and so far has done a very good job at it. It has just come off a 2 year frame off restoration, everything underneath and inside is NEW. truck fires right up, runs and drives smooth and strong.

it is a 1968 c10 (titled as a 72 due to cab/vin) stepside. chassis has been sandblasted and painted, all suspension is new, brakes, eaton pro series carrier and 3.73's in the 12 bolt rear. engine is a stock 5.3 that runs very smooth and strong. aeromotive 340 pump in rci plastic fuel cell. all new supply and return lines. trans is a th400 with a tci 3500 stall, and hurst shifter. cab has been painted inside and jammed out. all glass was removed and painted underneath to seal. truck is very solid for the year. driver inner rocker was patched, and outer rocker replaced. other than that the body is untouched from how I pulled it out of the field, and added a few donor parts here and there. Also it now has a US body source fiberglass front bumper. have a set of their inner fenderwells to go with it also, haven't installed them yet. truck currently all steel weighs about 3200 with me in it, and I weigh about 175. bed has no floor but is squared and framed out for a wood floor. truck runs consistent 8.60's in the 1/8th on motor, with 1.7x 60's. on the nitrous it has gone 7.90 with 1.6 60'. it looks rough, and people laugh at it, until they watch it pull the left front tire and see it run. the response it gets everywhere is amazing. it gets far more attention and compliments than my ws6 does and IMO is alot more fun to drive. all lights work, has all new LED lights on the back end, new halogen headlights and adjusters up front. original front marker lights with new bulbs. truck is ready to cruise the street or hit the track, whatever you decide. even has power steering and hydroboost brakes to make it easy to drive. it has been as much fun to drive as it was to build. but we all know how life is, sometimes we have to put the toys aside for real life stuff.

the bottom line:
considering the time, and depth of the build, I would like to see around $6000 for the truck as it sits. can negotiate on keeping items such as the wheels/drag radials, nitrous, etc if you don't want them.

I will consider trades. only for other cars/trucks or possibly guns+cash. Let me know what you have to offer and I will consider it

Old 02-28-2013, 03:55 PM
TECH Regular

here is a vid of the truck in action last weekend. this was an 8.20 pass

Old 02-28-2013, 09:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cool !!!

I like it man...
GLWTS
Old 03-02-2013, 01:30 AM
TECH Regular

thanks. gotten some good offers on it. but I drove it again today and was wondering why I was trying to sell it lol. but I dunno, we'll see. if I get an offer for something really cool I will take it. otherwise the plans are in the works to go turbo and make it a little more serious track toy
Old 03-03-2013, 07:28 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am still interested in the truck. I posted on your original thread and sent you a PM at the beginning of February but never got a response from you.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:10 PM
Launching!

What part of Florida are you in?
Old 03-05-2013, 01:02 AM
TECH Regular

I am in Lakeland
Old 03-11-2013, 12:49 AM
TECH Regular

UPDATE: I removed the hydroboost system as I discovered it was causing problems. truck drives much better now. also, went back to the local 1.8 mile and the truck went 8.1 and 8.2 on a 100 shot, with 1.7 60's. still on the fence about getting rid of it, but will take offers and if something catches my attention we can work something
Old 03-12-2013, 12:44 AM
On The Tree

1994 ford lightning? 662-279-9052
Old 03-12-2013, 12:51 PM
TECH Regular

no thanks man, not big on those trucks. if it were a 99+ I would be all on it lol

Quick Reply: One last time before I keep it and get crazy