Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

1998 Bright Purple Metallic Camaro, v6, 5speed

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 07:23 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1998 Bright Purple Metallic Camaro, v6, 5speed

Year: 1998
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Camaro
Price: $3750
Mileage: 145200
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): PA
Color: Purple
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has other engine

I have a carfax purchased and available upon request through email, it's in PDF form. Cliff notes: 6 owners no accidents, no faults of any kind. Title in Hand.

I have my rare Bright Purple Metallic 1998 Camaro for sale, $3750 (pretty firm on this). Only 380 Camaros in 98 were painted this color, around 1000 in 97 and the color was discontinued after these 2 years. I've never seen another in person, it gets tons of compliments at car shows and around town. The car has a 5-speed with a Hurst Short Throw Shifter (stock shifter is boxed up and comes with just in case). 145,000 miles and counting (it is my daily driver, roughly 15 miles a day for work). For a 15-year old car, that's under 10,000 miles a year which is considered low.

I am located in North Wales, PA

Car has a cold-air intake that I put on because the stock intake was cracked, and an aftermarket exhaust that was on the car when I purchased it.

Manual windows (I found out that the power windows constantly have problems in these cars, so I purposely looked for manual). T-Tops, everything works. It's been a great car for me, and I love driving it.

Since owning the car in Sept 2011, I changed all of the fluids ( change the oil every 3 months with Mobil Clean 5000 5w-30), changed the alternator, replaced the wipers, and had to buy new front tires to pass inspection. Rears are fatter than the front and still have plenty of life. I purchased new rear brake pads and a rotor because when I was getting the car inspected, I was told that they would need to be replaced soon. Then I took the rear apart and found out that the pads and rotor still had plenty of life, so I have brand-new pads and one great rotor in the trunk and will go with the car also.

Car has a couple of cosmetic faults, paint was starting to peel off the hood and I did a temporary patching with some touch-up paint. It is noticeable, but looks much better than the gray spot that was coming through. Purchased the car with a scratch down the passenger side, I have buffed this the best I can, and it doesn't stand out as much. Paint on the passenger rear quarter is slightly fading, looks a little foggy. I was told that should be able to wet sand out easily, but I am not comfortable doing that and it never bothered me enough to learn how. The driver's side window applique has a tear in it, and the window rattles against it when the window is 3/4 down. At halfway and all the way down, or when the window is closed completely it makes zero noise.

Other than that, the car is clean and drives great, especially for a 15 year old car. I'm going to miss the days where I can remove the t-tops and drive home. The interior is in great condition. I don't smoke, I don't eat or even have drinks in my vehicles. I would truthfully love to keep the car, but I'm about to purchase a 2013 Camaro, and have no need for 3 cars.

Email is the best form of contact for me: mikerogers.design (at) gmail (dot) com

Here is a photobucket account page that has more images, and I will update with more as questions are asked of me: 1998 Camaro For Sale Photos by chibiblacksheep | Photobucket
Old 03-09-2013, 07:32 AM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

Cool car in that color. For those that have never driven a v6 car they handle really well.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:37 AM
Teching In

Thanks! It definitely has been a fun car to own as a daily driver.

Even though it's not super powerful in a straight line, take the tops off and get it on a twisty road, and you can't help but have a smile on your face.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:47 AM
Teching In

Little Bump for the week
Old 03-14-2013, 02:04 PM
Teching In

TTT; can't believe I still have this car.

Will entertain some reasonable offers.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:08 PM
Teching In

Bump for the week!

Quick Reply: 1998 Bright Purple Metallic Camaro, v6, 5speed