Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

### Unique 11 sec street/strip 6.0L swap (Lot's of Pics & Videos)###

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 07:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ### Unique 11 sec street/strip 6.0L swap (Lot's of Pics & Videos)###

Year: 1978
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Caprice
Price: $8500
Mileage: 37859
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): KS
Color: Blue
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

Hello Everyone,

It is time to sell my baby, Christine, who has been a part of my life and family for the past 18 YEARS. She is also well liked and followed on YouTube (140,000+ views from her fans.)

Christine was my very first car I purchased on my own with saved allowance at age 15, and have kept her through the years (30+ other cars have came and gone as time passed, but I have ALWAYS kept Christine).

I purchased her car from a middle aged guy in Newton KS who inherited it when his father died. I bought it with 99,996 miles on it. By the time I drove it home it had rolled over to all Zero's. (After 18 years it currently has and additional 37,859 miles on it, with around 3,000 miles on the current LQ9 swap).

Upon cleaning her when I got her home, I discovered blood in the interior , so I put two and two together and realized that this guys father must have been killed or died in my car. It was at that point I decided to name her Christine after the Stephen King Book/Movie about a 1957 Plymouth Fury that was possessed.

Christine is a 1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic 2-door Coupe (the 1977-79 model years were the only years that offered the "wrap around" back glass, sometimes referred to as "Aero-Coupes"). These are some of the most desirable/collectable Caprice's due to their rarity and there bodylines.

Originally she had a 350 V8 backed by a TH350 trans. It ran mid-high 15's which wasn't bad considered it was only rated for 170 hp at the crank. After college a 454 Big Block was swapped in. Next was a wild 355 from a Sandrail Dragster was dropped in (always had carb issues), which lead to its LS1 set up, which ran a best of 12.7 @ 104 with 1.7 60' with her Stock LS1.

Several years later I lost my job and had to sell the LS1 and TH350 in it to make Rent and such. Later when it became time to buy a replacement, I purchased a freshened up LS2 from a Sandrail Buggy, which has ported LS6 heads, Forged internals, shaft-mounted roller rockers and the hole nine yards. It is then that I got a hold of Geoff at EPS to design a custom grind CompCam. Unfortunately something came up and I had to sell the LS2 before it ever made its way into Christine, but I kept the EPS cam (and matching Redneck Racing 4500 stall converter) new in the box to await the next swap.

Finally I got a hold of the guys at LKQ and got a low mileage (around 20-30k if I recall correctly) LQ9 6.0L out of an Cadillac Escalade. This is the current engine now in Christine and boy is it Stout!

Here is a basic run down on the car.

- 1978 2-door Caprice Aero-Coupe (Clean/Clear KS Title)
- Lightest Optioned car, Manual windows/locks/mirror, cloth bench seats (only weighs around 2 tons with me in it.)
- 2004 LQ9 6.0L
- EPS Custom grind CompCam package (Springs, Pushrod, Keepers etc) by Geoff (234/246 @ .050 with .602"/.607" lift on a 111 LSA)
- LS6 Intake and Larger Injectors
- Headman Long-tube F-body Headers
- Custom Engine Harness by Anthony aka "Aknovaman" with OBDII Diag Port
- Tuned by Justin aka "Justune"
- 160 degree T-Stat
- 4 Core Truck style Heavy Dudy Radiator
- Large externally-mounted Trans Cooler
- LT1 Twin Electric Fans
- ARP Rod-bolts
- TH400 (with Full Reverse Manual Valve Body, built by famous Mike Leighty)
- Redneck Racing 4500 Stall Converter
- Driveshaft Loop
- 3:73 Rear End
- Eaton True Street Locker
- Adjustable Aluminum Main-cap Pre-load Diff cover
- Superior Alloy aftermarket axles
- Edelbrock Performer IAS shocks in the rear/OE stock replacement in front (factory sway bar removed for even better weight transfer)
- Inflatable Air Springs in rear coil springs
- True Dual exhaust with "H pipe" exiting through Flowmaster 40 series (as well as dual QTP electric cut-outs)
- Walbro 255lph inline fuel pump
- AutoMeter gauges (Tach, Coolant Temp, Volts, Oil Press, Trans Temp)
- Very Solid Arizona/Kansas car with only mild surface rust that can be easily sanded off, as you can see in the World Of Wheels pictures below)
- Brakes good enough to stop a freight train
- GM style Rally Wheels under the factory Caprice hubcaps (I have the trim rings and center caps should you not like the "Sleeper hubcap" look.)
- 275/60R15 Mickey Thompson ET Drag Street Radials

Now onto some Pictures and Videos:

Kansas City " World Of Wheels" Car Show (back when it was an LS1 car)

KCIR Dragstrip back when it was an LS1 car.

KC "Hooters Cruise and Car Show" when it was an LS1 car.

Some Videos:

Back when it was an LS1 car 12.7 pass:

Back when it was an LS1 car 12.8 pass:

Back when it was an LS1 car Pulling Drivers front tire:

Back when it was an LS1 car, vs friends built LT1 Z28:

Current LQ9 setup.

KC Trends "Fast Fridays" Car Show (3rd car from the right)

KC "Mustang/F-Body Car Show"

Sunday cruise, with some fun.

KCIR (my last full pass before they shut down forever) 12.0 @ 111mph:

Some More Videos:

LQ9 Engine Install Overview:

KCIR 12.0 pass BEFORE Mike Leighty built the TH400 that the car now has:

Idle & Rev of LQ9 (cell phone at night) :

Idle of LQ9 with Open Cutouts (cell phone quality, sounds down Wicked in person) :

Import Face Off @ Topeka's Heartland Park (hot lapped, with 110degree heat index and Soft launch) :

Late night cruise through some KC tunnels (with open cutouts) :

Short clip of the sweet song she sings at a full speed (Only seen in video from 15 secs - 25 secs unfortunately, but boy she sounds good) :

As you can see Christine is a great Street/Strip race Car/Cruiser/Sleeper (She is also well liked and followed on YouTube (140,000+ views from her fans). It pains me to see my baby go, but the time has come that she gets enjoyed by a new family.

I have no doubt that she will run high 11's as it sits as long as its with some cool weather, a sticky track and some driving skill. Car has been as fast a 137.6mph as per GPS and was as smooth as a lazybody recliner at that speed and still had more left in it.

Now down to Business.

First and Foremost ... I do NOT "have" to sell her, and simply will NOT sell her to someone that is just going to hack her up into a ridiculous Low Rider, or put retarded huge "Rimz" on her or a booming stereo that rattles windows from blocks away. So no making it "Hood Rich" or whatever its called. Seriously, I would rather give Christine to a deserving home then let it be turned into something like that. (No serisouly I will haunt you from beyond the grave if its turned into a "Hood Rich" car.)

Secondly, I know I will never get the money I have poured into her back out (all told with all the different engines, transmissions and rear ends she has had over the last 18 Years I have way more then $30,000 in the car), but I am not willing to take low ball offers. Christine is always garaged, and left on a battery maintainer, and always gets premium pump gas, along with FULL Synthetic oils.

Again, I do NOT have to sell her, I am just seeing if there is a new home out there that can give her the attention she I have less and less time to enjoy her.

That being said, first person (to pass my "Hood Rich" screening) to show up with $8,500 CASH ONLY (or Best Realistic Offer) may come to Kansas City and bring her back to your loving home/garage.

I thank you for your time, feel free to Message me with any questions.
- Henry
Old 04-09-2013, 07:28 PM
Launching!

Definitely unique. If I were you I would probably keep it.
It's tough to let go of your first car.

Good luck with the sale man.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by OSU Football Fan
Definitely unique. If I were you I would probably keep it.
It's tough to let go of your first car.

Good luck with the sale man.
Thank you greatly.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

I have more pics and vids available if needed.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

Over 700+ views for Christine's sales ad on here, feel free to ask any questions.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

Weather is starting to be just right for cruising HotRod's!
Old 04-21-2013, 05:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well as of 5pm today, Christine has a new family.

He is a really nice family man from the far out sticks of Kansas that is an old school hot rodder getting back into the game now, and has chosen Christine to bring hot rodding back into his life and will be raising his children around the hobby of car shows and hotrod cruise nights, so Christine will be still creating happy memories for a long time to come. I love you Christine and hope you enjoy your new loving family.

Quick Reply: ### Unique 11 sec street/strip 6.0L swap (Lot's of Pics & Videos)###