Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

2001 Chevy Camaro SS

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 10:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool 2001 Chevy Camaro SS

Year: 2001
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Camaro
Price: $6997
Mileage: 144727
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): NV
Color: Black
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

Up for grabs is my trusty 2001 Chevy Camaro SS. I am the original owner of this car and ordered it from SLP. At the time I worked for Gale Banks Engineering so I know a little bit about air flow and making power. This was my project car of sorts. The car is equipped/modified with the following: Auto trans, SLP Cold Air Induction, SLP Airlid, K&N Air Filter, SLP Maf sensor & Smooth Bellows, Ported TB , MSD Wires, TCI Billet Steel Flexplate, Yank Torque Converter, SLP Longtubes with Dual Dual SLP Power Flow Muffler, AAM/SLP Aluminum Differential Cooler/Cover, Edelbrock IAS Shocks with Eibach springs, SLP Strut Tower Brace, External Transmission Cooler, ZL1 5 Spoke Wheels and Predator Diablo hand held tuner.

The original air lid, exhaust manifolds with OEM cats have been stored all this time and are included. I believe there was less than 2,500 miles on the car when we went to work on it. There is still allot left in this car. In the wrong hands this car can be a handful. It posted a 10.89 at Pomona back in spring 2002. Still looking for the time slip and will include if I can find it. Engine was typically run with Red Line oil.

What the car needs: Paint on the hood and spoiler should be re-shot (typical GM paint) and other minor maintenance.

This would be a great project car for the budget racer or a great cruiser. The exhaust sounds like a Pro Stock engine when you burnout or get on it. Scares the hell out of the late model Camaro guys and just about everybody else. It launches hard!

Here's a link to pics in the photo section. I have more that I will try to post. https://ls1tech.com/forums/members/v...-ss-28642.html

Hit me up with your questions. Hate to see it go but it's time.

Last edited by Vegas Trojan; 04-29-2013 at 10:47 PM. Reason: Pics
Old 04-30-2013, 12:39 AM
10 Second Club

It posted a 10.89 at what kind of track. If it was 1/8 mile you shouldn't post those numbers. If it was 1/4 mile then your car is the fastest bolt-on fbody ever!
Old 04-30-2013, 02:33 AM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks pretty clean though for a 144K mile car.
I think you meant ZR-1 Wheels....not ZL-1
Old 04-30-2013, 10:35 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by wild thing
It posted a 10.89 at what kind of track. If it was 1/8 mile you shouldn't post those numbers. If it was 1/4 mile then your car is the fastest bolt-on fbody ever!
Hi Wild Thing. That was at Auto Club Raceway at Pomona California and it is a 1/4 mile track. GM left allot locked in these cars. You just had to "unlock" your car. One of the advantages of working at Banks was being able to pick up the phone and call F-Body engineering at the St. Therese plant where the cars were built and pick the brains of the people that engineered the car.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:36 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by fasteddy
Looks pretty clean though for a 144K mile car.
I think you meant ZR-1 Wheels....not ZL-1
Thanks fast Eddy. And your right they are ZR-1 Wheels.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:48 AM
On The Tree

You're saying you ran a 10.9 in a basically stock car with a tune and torque converter?...
Old 04-30-2013, 10:54 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Sk8phreak88
You're saying you ran a 10.9 in a basically stock car with a tune and torque converter?...
It takes all the components to make it happen plus I was on a pro track. The F-Bodies were radically de-tuned by Chevrolet so as not to embarrass Corvette and keep insurance rates somewhat reasonable. The guys at Bowling Green hated F-Body back then.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:58 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Vegas Trojan
It takes all the components to make it happen plus I was on a pro track. The F-Bodies were radically de-tuned by Chevrolet so as not to embarrass Corvette and keep insurance rates somewhat reasonable. The guys at Bowling Green hated F-Body back then.
Coming from someone who owns a 10 second car. Please quit talking and remove that info from your ad. There is no way your car ran those times. That is false advertising and you are trying to take advantage of people who have no idea what they are talking about.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:17 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by wild thing
Coming from someone who owns a 10 second car. Please quit talking and remove that info from your ad. There is no way your car ran those times. That is false advertising and you are trying to take advantage of people who have no idea what they are talking about.
I'll be going to storage locker this week and one of the things I'm looking for is the time slip and dyno sheets. And if you don't like this thread then don't read it. Have a great day.
Old 05-25-2013, 04:12 PM
Teching In

sold! Sold! Sold!

Quick Reply: 2001 Chevy Camaro SS