Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

2005 GTO 70k M6 - Coilovers, short throw- very nice.

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 01:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2005 GTO 70k M6 - Coilovers, short throw- very nice.

Year: 2005
Make: Pontiac
Model: GTO
Price: $14000
Mileage: 70000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): TX
Color: Blue
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

Navy blue GTO. Owned by an adult professional. Just looking for something new, probably a C6 Corvette or something. I have owned the car for 40,000 miles. I had zero problems with it. Only real "repair" has been an alignment.

When I bought it, it had the classic suspension "sag." I replaced the whole suspension with Pedders Coilovers. It cost me about $2000 with shipping before installation. Happy to give you the name of the shop that did it.

It also has a short throw shifter and cross drilled rotors (from previous owner). I added Hawk pads and better fluid.

After the hail from a week or two down here, the rear bumper has a paint crack (bumper is fine- cracked the paint), probably a $500 repair at most. I didn't claim it on my insurance for obvious reasons.

Looks great for 70k miles, but it does have 70k miles. A few paint nicks from the road on the bumper and etc. A few other little things here and there, like you'd expect. Interior looks great.

Only catch is there is something wrong with the carfax. It is saying the car is a savlage title which isn't true. I have the clear title in my name. The previous title was clear.I will *happily* give you the VIN and you can check it on Texas' DMV website, where it is titled, and see that there is nothing about it being a total loss.

I didn't know it when I bought it, and I didn't even know it until I went to trade it in today. There are still 1 or 2 dents from hail you'd notice from 5 ft away and the rest need to be pointed out.

The car is basically perfect and a ton of fun to drive. It handles very well, shifts smoothly and the engine doesn't miss a beat.

Located in Dallas Texas

Last edited by treyZ28; 05-20-2013 at 03:14 PM.
Old 05-20-2013, 02:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Update:

I checked with other car history places approved by National Motor Vehicle Title Information System (NMVTIS).
Perfectly clear! Carfax is just screwing something up. Between the report and the actually clear title, this should make it pretty obvious carfax is messed up.

Unfortunately, dealer won't hear any of it.

PM me and I'll send you a copy of the report I got.

Last edited by treyZ28; 05-20-2013 at 03:08 PM.
Old 05-20-2013, 03:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

File a dispute with carfax. They will research it and notify you of the findings. My gto is the same deal. Blemished carfax with a clean title. I feel for ya
Old 05-23-2013, 09:53 AM
Teching In

any pictures? including pics of the hail damage?

Quick Reply: 2005 GTO 70k M6 - Coilovers, short throw- very nice.