Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

SC:1996 Firebird Formula M6 w/extras

Old 06-23-2013, 11:28 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default SC:1996 Firebird Formula M6 w/extras

Year: 1996
Make: Pontiac
Model: Firebird
Price: $2000
Mileage: 158200
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): SC
Color: White
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

Well its time to let my baby go. After a drive I think the motor blew the headgasket a few blocks from home and may have hydro locked. Motor would not turn over. After sitting some it now turns but feels very tight. So I am letting it go. Can get more info in a pm.

Anyways its a 1996 Pontiac Firebird Formula M6. Its white over grey cloth. I have owned the car the since April 2008. Anyways list of good stuff and bad.

Body:
It is in pretty good shape. Has a dent in the side skirt on the passenger side. Along with some rust where someone failed a windshield install many years ago. Car hit a deer back in 2002? Was on the car fax. I would recommend taking the window out fix the rust and install the glass. Car was in southern VA and then moved to South Carolina when I got it. Was a Summer car for the most part.

Interior:
Pretty clean grey interior. Dash pad has one crack. Hard to tell its there. Think its helped save the dash pad. Seats have no tears and no big stains. Carpet is in good shape. Drivers floor mat could have seen some better days. But still usable.

Engine:
Engine just had a fresh rebuild 300ish miles on the rebuild. Used a set of new DNJ stock .030 pistons along with gm factory forged pink rods that came from a 94 lt1 parts motor I had. Arp bolts in the rod and on the heads. ARP Stud kit on the mains. Head was shaved and new gaskets in everything. Block also had a light deck. Compression was guessed at 10.7-10.9:1. I also had the injectors set out to 42 Auto Sports for a clean and flow. Took 16 inejctors but we matched a set of 8 to 1.8% difference. Installed is a new set of ls7 lifters long with 7.150 trickflow pushrods. Springs are the crane dual vale setup. Engine has a cc503 cam along with the gm 1.6 roller rockers from the hot cam kit. Rockers are on a set of ARP studs. Heads are a set of stock 374 casting. New cloyles timing gear as well. Also has a new OEM oil pump with a steel drive shaft. Also had a new GM Opti and harness. Along with a set of MSD 8.5mm wires.

Drivetrain:
Transmission was rebuilt about 1500 miles ago due to a bad input shaft bearing. Was built by the guy who does Hawks Third Gen transmissions. Was built to stage 2 specs. Has the Hurst comp plus shifter with the short stick and hurst ball shift ****. Clutch is a spec stage 3 but however due to a rear main leak it is now shot. Some say it may clean up so don't. A new disc that is the same will be around $260 from summit. I will throw in a very very low mile clutch pressure plate. Has about 150 miles on it and looks new. That one is a zoom stage two. Has the same numbers as the spec. So buy a disc and have a clutch. Also the car has a ls1 aluminum driveshaft. Rear end is stock. Could use a fluid service as the posi was getting acting like it did when I got it. I guess the friction stuff you add to the fluid has worn out. Simple fix. Stock 3.42 gears.

Exhaust:
Exhaust is Pacestter emissions headers to an off road y pipe. The rest of the exhaust is a magnaflow I-pipe and over the axle pipe to a old school borla muffler and tips.

Brakes:
Has the ls1 spindles up front with the ls1 front calipers. Whole setup came from a straight 98 ls1 car that was a cash for clunkers car. Abs works with no issues. New brake master cylinder as well. Rear is stock lt1 brakes.

Bads:
-Engine of course being needing a rebuild or at least a tear down. I don't have the time or the will power to go out and work on it.
-Emissions are gone for the most part. Egr is all gone,along with the A.I.R. I also delete the evap solinoids but still have them around. The A.I.R pump is around as well.
-Starter is cracked. Due to the motor being locked up it broke. I am going to have a buddy weld the end back on. Should be a good repair. Other wise it may need a starter.
- Dent in the side skirt. Was noted above.
- Rust under drivers side t-top. Paint is just bubbling. But will need to be taken care of. No leaks at the moment.

Extras Stuff: (Goes with car for extra. Car sells before this goes. This is in case car does not sell I could still have it.)
- One oem ws6 ram air hood and box. Got this a few years back. Since I am done with the car the box will go. Box needs to be plastic welded back together(very fixable). It has a k&n filter. Is missing the rubber connector that goes from the box to the maf then the maf to throttle body. Hood needs some fiberglass work. Came off a 97 black ws6. In white primer at the moment. Extra $700

- A set of 2001 Corvette OEM Speedline wheels. Very good shape wheels. Some very light rash on a couple of them. Came off a 30k car. All straight all made by speedline in italy. 17x8.5 Fronts 18x9.5 rears Extra $500

- 1 corsa rear muffler. Bought it on here in a trade deal. Was supposed to be used around the block. Guy did not like it. Looks pretty much new. $300

- Set of stock 561 heads. Came off a 97ss. $100

- Factory Intake mani and throttle Body $100

Time for pictures. Will get some fresh ones tomorrow.

Extra Stuff:

Only looking for cash right now. May entertain a trade if it happens to include a oem 90-05 mazda miata hardtop. PM for contact info.
Old 06-26-2013, 11:38 AM
TECH Resident

Bumpage
Old 06-30-2013, 10:12 PM
TECH Resident

up again.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:26 PM
TECH Resident

up to the top
Old 07-10-2013, 11:49 AM
TECH Resident

Someone asked me where the car is. Its not in Columbia. The car is currently at my parents house in Greenville South Carolina.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SC:1996 Firebird Formula M6 w/extras