Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

Indianapolis - 2005 Midnight Blue, M6, 49k miles

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2013, 07:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Indianapolis - 2005 Midnight Blue, M6, 49k miles

Year: 2005
Make: Pontiac
Model: GTO
Price: $15900
Mileage: 49000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): IN
Color: Blue
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

Reason for selling: My wife and I are moving to within walking/biking distance of our jobs, so we are streamlining and becoming a one car household. Her Q5 wins on the basis of utility, so my GTO is up for sale. I wasn’t planning to sell it as of a few months ago, but priorities change.

2005 - M6 - 17" wheels - Midnight Blue Metallic - Black interior

Car is one of only 680 painted in MBM with a manual transmission.

Mileage: 49k

Location: Indianapolis, IN. I am willing to drive a little to meet a buyer if said buyer sounds serious.

History: I bought it in January of 2011 with 29k miles on it. Before myself, it was owned by an older gentleman. I bought it from Fairborn Buick, the dealership that sold it to him brand new. I have greatly enjoyed driving the car, and I have slowly been turning it into my vision of what I thought it should have been from the factory. It has been tastefully modified over the past two years with upgrades that I feel correct glaring omissions with our GTOs from Pontiac. The full list of what has been done is below.

Condition

Mechanical Condition: The car is in excellent mechanical condition. I have never had so much as a hiccup from the driveline. I have performed all maintenance work since I bought it, as well as all modifications. I believe I also have some, if not all, records of dealer maintenance before it was mine. The only current issue is that either the AC idler or tensioner pulley began squealing a month or two ago. I'm including the replacement pulley and the required large Torx bit, but I do not have the time to do the work. The AC belt is currently off to avoid the squealing. I rarely used the AC anyhow, but it blows cold. Not ice-cold like brand new, but some degree of cold. The car runs strong and feels great going down the road.

The car has Kumho Ecsta 4x tires were new about 10k miles ago. They are wearing well with the alignment done by yours truly after the suspension install, but it is probably time to have the alignment checked for good measure.

Paint Condition: You can see how well-kept the paint on this car is from the photos below. However, as a nearly 8 year old car that has been daily driven in all seasons, it has some imperfections. There are the usual rock chips on the front end and a small door ding or two that are tough to photograph. Beyond the usual, there are a few specific items I would like to point out here and in the photos below in the interest of full disclosure.

-There is a spot of clear coat and paint on the leading edge of the hood on the passenger side that lifted shortly after I bought the car. I was removing, with a heat gun, the clear bra that was on the car when I bought it. I attempted touching-up this spot once, and it just wasn’t happening, so I wet-sanded off the repair. It is not down to bare metal.

-The front bumper was drilled for a front plate holder. I have the holes covered with body-color vinyl.

-The driver’s front fender was hit by a door in a parking lot, denting and creasing right through the body line there. This was pounded out as best I could from inside the wheelwell. It's better, but you can see what damage is left in the photos below.

-The rear bumper insert has an area of damage at the top center. The car was backed slowly into a poorly-positioned pole at a Subway. I'll admit to causing this one. The insert is an easy swap for a replacement, but I always meant to repair this piece and paint it satin black.

-The spoiler is currently hanging in my garage and comes with the car. Body-colored vinyl covers the 5 holes.

-The fender lips were cut/rolled when the car was lowered. There were a few small paint chips right on the lips from rolling the front end that have been touched up. Since they were on the edge of the lip facing the ground, I have to be looking up at them and less than 6 inches away to see the repair. The rear lips were cut and the inside edges have not been painted as of yet. The have surface rust that will need sanded off prior to whatever paint is used to seal them. What I’m talking about is entirely not visible from any normal angle you would usually see the car from. I’m going to try to get to this project before the car sells, but I just don't know if I will have the time.

-Finally, there is one small spot on the trailing edge of the driver’s door where it has lost paint due to rubbing against something, and there is a spot of surface rust here. This spot is just barely visible in one of the photos below from the angle of the driver's side rear.

Other than the spots listed, the car is in pretty/really good cosmetic shape. I just want to be entirely honest to avoid surprises when a prospective buyer come to look at the car. Just remember that it is 8 years old and has been daily driven in all conditions. The car was garaged up until last November-ish, when the Audi took over our one car garage. I had always meant to have some paint work done on the front end, but I’ve been content enjoying it as is for almost 2.5 years. Aside from all that, I’ll let the pictures speak to the car’s condition. The asking price of the car takes into account the fact that it is not flawless.

Interior Condition: The interior is in very good condition. There is only the smallest bit of wear present on the edge of the driver’s seat. The passenger seat and the rear seats look pretty much new. Everything works, everything is clean. The inside door handles were painted black when the interior was painted and vinyl wrapped, and the handles have chipped some. They could be sanded back to bare metal or touched up. I just haven’t had the chance yet.

Modifications:

Suspension: The entire suspension was overhauled with BC Racing front coilovers with poly strut mounts, Koni Yellow rear shocks, King 46-HD rear springs with a small spacer, Energy Suspension rear inner and outer control arm bushings, poly rear subframe mount bushings, and poly rear cradle bushings. There is also a Lovell’s differential mount insert installed, as well as caster-adjustable front radius rod bushings. Front outer tie rod ends were also replaced with RoadSafe parts. I can’t say enough about this group of parts. The car feels amazing, and the unsafe, rubbery feel of the factory bushings and suspension components is gone. Ride height is lowered, but not so low that it scrapes, so long as you’re careful. Height is adjustable in the front, and damping is instantly adjustable front and back. I believe the setup to be higher quality, and most likely more comfortable, with the Koni’s versus the rear BC Racing setup that was my other option. This suspension has literally prevented me from being in an accident on the interstate when somebody swerved into my lane like I wasn’t there. This was done 10k miles ago.

Exhaust: Custom axle-back with Magnaflow 12616 6” bullet mufflers. The car sounds amazing, considering the manifolds are factory. It is a very mellow and classy sound at everything but full-throttle.

Lou’s Short Stick with factory ****

Skip-shift eliminator

Headlights: Custom bi-xenon HID retrofit with quad high beams. Again, I felt that the anemic headlights GM gave us were not good enough. This is a 55W system that is brighter than anything else on the road, and it has a great beam pattern and cutoff so that oncoming drivers are none the wiser. The build thread for this is below. Parts are all from TheRetrofitSource.com. I had a hiccup with one bad ballast at the beginning, and I have not had an issue since. The HIDs are bi-xenon, and there are H9 bulbs in the inside projectors. The HIDs are bright, but when you flick your highs on, you have 4 candles burning and an absolute abundance of light. The photos below show you the intense blue of the cutoff band, as well as the bright white light in the actual beam.

Headlight Build Thread:
http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=410945

Interior: Various interior pieces have been painted and/or wrapped in vinyl to give the look that the interior currently has. A Sony DSX-S200x media deck is installed in a Scosche kit. With the vinyl wrap, it matches the remainder of the interior very nicely. This Sony head unit does not play CDs. It flips down and allows you to connect and store an iPhone or iPod inside. Surprisingly, the unit also has three-way active crossover capabilities and full time alignment, should you be into car audio.

-A steering wheel control module is also installed, allowing the buttons on the wheel to control the Sony deck.

Aside from the AC belt, replacement pulley, and rear spoiler, the car will come with enough GM transmission fluid for a whole swap. I was saving it for a shifter install that never happened. I'll update here if I remember anything else that comes with the car.

Pricing

Here are the factors that play into what I'm asking, which is now 15,900 down from $16,500. The car will not be listed lower, as I'll keep her if it doesn't sell.

- KBB in excellent, good, and very good condition is as follows. $17,255, $16,805, and $16,405. The paint fits the definition of good, and the mechanicals of the car are excellent.
- The cost to repair the larger defects.
- Rarity of the color, especially with a manual trans.
- The suspension work fixes a major concern with GTOs, considering the headaches caused by poor tire wear and strut rub. This car has a great stance and none of those issues.

All said, I'm looking for $16,500, and I'm pretty firm on the price at this point. I possess the clear title. Car will be sold as-is, and details of the sale/payment will be worked out with the buyer.
Attached Thumbnails Indianapolis - 2005 Midnight Blue, M6, 49k miles-gto-1.jpg  

Last edited by Rowdy94; 09-27-2013 at 07:47 PM.
Old 06-30-2013, 07:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Old 06-30-2013, 07:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Old 06-30-2013, 07:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Old 06-30-2013, 07:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Old 06-30-2013, 07:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

Representing Indianapolis well! Extremely clean and sharp car! GLWS
Old 07-01-2013, 04:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thank you, Idle. To the top we go!
Old 07-03-2013, 05:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Up for the early morning crowd.
Old 07-04-2013, 07:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Happy 4th. To the top.
Old 07-06-2013, 12:20 AM
Teching In

if you still have this..text me in the morning or call me asap!! very very interested!! 3363066865
Old 07-09-2013, 06:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Car is still for sale!
Old 07-14-2013, 08:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

To the top.
Old 07-14-2013, 08:24 PM
TECH Addict

Beautiful car!If my truck was paid off wed be talking, GLWS!
Old 07-14-2013, 09:12 PM
Teching In

This is the best for sale post I have seen in a long time. You sir, know how to sell a car.
Ive always wanted one of these, Good luck with the sale.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks guys. Meanwhile, the car is still for sale! Still pretty firm on price, but I'll certainly entertain reasonable offers.
Old 07-19-2013, 05:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Still for sale!
Old 07-19-2013, 08:46 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

God that camera is takes some beautiful pics. Trying to sell my GTO right now as well. GLWS.
Old 07-26-2013, 12:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The car is still for sale. Such a fun car to drive with the suspension upgrades...
Old 07-28-2013, 03:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

thats how you document a car. free bump for you my friend
Old 08-02-2013, 08:46 AM
Teching In

Interested if still for sale. PM sent.

Quick Reply: Indianapolis - 2005 Midnight Blue, M6, 49k miles