Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

98 Camaro ss fully built with Fikses and Bogarts

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 01:30 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 98 Camaro ss fully built with Fikses and Bogarts

Year: 1998
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Camaro
Price: $13000
Mileage: 66000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): PA
Color: Red
Transmission: Automatic
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

http://allentown.craigslist.org/cto/3882574552.html

Hey guys looking to sell my Camaro there are pics on the craigslist link. Thanks, Joe

I am thinking about selling my 98 ss camaro.The car currently has a little over 65,000 miles on it. I have had the car for 7 years and bought it with 27,000 miles on it. I built this car to be able to drive anywhere. It can be used a daily driver but was also built as a very consistent drag car. I only race a few times a year but I always go rounds with it because it is so consistent. The car was originally stick and I still have the original harness that plugs right in if you wanted to switch back. Nothing was cut I bought an automatic harness and swapped it in. I swapped to automatic to be more consistent at the track but only raced a handful of times since switching.

The motor in the car now was put in exactly two years ago and made 415hp to the wheels and tuned by race proven motorsports. The motor is forged and cost 6,000 and I have only put 2,500 miles on it and have been to the track 5 times since putting it in. It has texas speed ported and polished heads, diamond pistons, callies rods, and a fast 92 mm intake.

The trans is fully built by phoenix transmissions and cost $2,000 and has a 4,000 stall yank converter ($900) which is actually not bad on the street especially with the lockup in fourth gear on the trans which makes it bascially have no stall. The trans is great and works flawlessly.

The rear is a midwest chassis fabricated 9 inch MWC and has 4.10 gears in it. The rear cost close to $3,000 dollars and I bought their complete setup with a chromoly torque arm, control arms and panhard bar. The rear is also shortened 2 inches on each side and both sets of wheels I have for it were custom made for the car.

The car comes with two sets of wheels. For the street I have Fikse FM5 wheels 17x11 for the rear and 17x10 for the front. They have Nittos 555r tires on them with 315s on the back and a ton of tread left. The wheels cost me $2,700 and the tires were another $900. For the track and the street sometimes I have the bogart bolted r/t wheels. These are their newer street/strip version and will hold up better than their race wheel if you want to drive them on the street which I have. These wheels cost me $1,800 for the wheels and $800 for the Mickey Thompson drag radials that are on it. These wheels were also made for the rear I have which means they are both a nice deep dish wheel.

The shocks are Koni single adjustable which are more of a handling shock $900 dollars for the set. With these shocks the car rides great and still handles awesome. This car does not have a race suspension so it still handles great but with the MT drag radials it still hooks like crazy at the the track. My 60 fts. at the track are always 1.54 to 1.61 the car leaves awesome.

I am a detailer so the paint on the car is in great shape there is some spiderwebbing on the front bumper but it is hard to notice. The interior is in good shape also with gray leather. This is a full weight street car I did not take anything out to lighten up the car except the rear seatbelts which I have and can put them back in. The a/c worked beautifully forever then the compressor started leaking oil a couple months ago and am in the process of putting a new one in.

I am asking $13,000 firm. I have alot of money in the car and it was built right. I have videos and timeslips of the running low 11s all day long even in 90 degree weather. I need money for other projects and a new vehicle which is why I am selling it. Not really interested in trades but the only vehicle I would consider would be a 70 to 73 camaro.
Old 07-14-2013, 11:12 PM
Teching In

Sounds like a well thought out build - would like to see more - sent you a pm
Old 07-15-2013, 10:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Would like to check out the car && hopefully buy it! Sending a pm!
Old 07-17-2013, 09:00 PM
Teching In

Still for sale? you see my pm?
Old 08-01-2013, 07:16 PM
TECH Addict

want to sell the fikse seperately?
Old 08-02-2013, 06:00 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Car is Sold