Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

1998 Chevrolet Corvette 383ci 550 hp

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2013, 10:50 AM
LS1Tech Platinum Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 1998 Chevrolet Corvette 383ci 550 hp

Year: 1998
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Corvette
Price: $20500
Mileage: 66800
Private or Dealer Listing: Dealer Listing
Location (State): PA
Color: Silver
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

1998 Chevrolet Corvette
Pewter exterior/Black interior
The body of the car has 66,800 miles on it and is VERY clean. However, the car was dropped off at Vette Doctors in NY for a complete overhaul in late 2008 and the car became what it is today – Amazing! All of the following work was completed over a period of 9 months (9/08-6/09) The mileage on the car was 57,000 when the work was completed – meaning the drivetrain and suspension only have 9,800 miles!

List of Modifications professionally installed by Vette Doctors: ($27,000 total)
383ci LS1 engine ($14,995), Callies forged crank, Callies forged rods, Mahle forged pistons, Trick Flow 215 heads, Harlan Sharp rockers, Custom grind cam, Fast 92 intake, 90mm TB, Vararam cold air intake,B&M shifter, Pfadt coilovers all around ($2,300 installed), Kooks Headers and X pipe ($2,000 installed) ,GHL catback (all stainless, $1300.00 installed), Lingenfelter minitub kit ($2,400 installed), Wilwood big brake kit ($2,500 installed) (13” front and back), Diamond Stage 2 clutch ($1,500 installed). To say no expense was spared building this car is an understatement!

The Corvette rides on polished CCW C140 wheels, 18x10 with Nitto tires on the front and 18x13 with Mickey Thompson drag radials on the rear. Total cost for the wheels and tires was over $6,000.00 The tires/wheels are in great shape all the way around.

In March 2013, I took it to East Coast Supercharging and had the differential upgraded. The diff I chose I was a 3 rib case, fitted with 4.10 gears, and 500m (DSS) output shafts. I also added an ECS trans/diff brace and PFADT diff mount. Total for the work was $3,500.

The total cost of upgrades to this car is over $35,000!!!

The car has been meticulously maintained and has AMSOIL synthetic fluids in the engine, transmission and rear.

This car runs, drives and sounds incredible! I can honestly say I’ve never driven anything else that even comes close…including Z06s and Vipers. It has averaged over 24 mpg on highway cruises and has more horsepower than most know what to do with! The car truly has not been abused but I did take it to the track to get an idea of how it would run. In August 2012, in high heat and humidity, it ran 11.44@127 mph. That was without doing a burnout and launching just above idle. On the dyno, the car made 484 rwhp/423tq on a very safe 93 Octane tune. That is the equivalent of approximately 550 hp!

The exterior- I would give a 9.5 out of 10.
-There is one small scratch at drivers door lock, and one small scuff underneath the front bumper.
The interior- I would give a 9 out of 10.
-Due to a small area where the thread/seam is pulling out on the drivers seat bolster (about 1" long) and a small 1/2" slice in the drivers side A-pillar.

I do have receipts for hard parts that are not visible (entire motor setup with install) as well as the receipts for install of other parts (brakes, suspension, exhaust, etc.) I also have original booklets that came with car as well as the laminated window sticker.

Like I said before, there is absolutely nothing wrong with this car! It needs nothing! Always been well taken car of and adult driven. Clean title in hand. Price is firm. Please do not call with lowball offers.

http://www.racingjunk.com/C5-1997-20...html?aid=32805

Quick Reply: 1998 Chevrolet Corvette 383ci 550 hp