Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

1999 Formula WS6

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 03:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 1999 Formula WS6

Year: 1999
Make: Pontiac
Model: Trans Am
Price: $15500
Mileage: 44500
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): IL
Color: Black
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

I absolutely HATE to sell this car, but I rarely drive it, and the time has come to thin the herd. It's a 1999 Pontiac Formula WS6, one of 175 made in 1999, and one of only about 600 1998-2000 Formula WS6s.

Factory options include 6-speed manual transmission, T-tops, and most of the power options. In 2003 I put in a set of Formula-correct, low-mileage grey leather seats and door panels, along with a factory Monsoon CD stereo to replace the factory cassette player. At that time, I had the transmission serviced by Lattoff Chevrolet, and I had them install a C5 Z06 clutch and slave. I then installed a Pro 5.0 shifter and a Lou's Short Stick.

About seven years ago, I replaced the factory exhaust with high-temp ceramic-coated Kooks stainless headers, a Kooks stainless off-road pipe, and a brand new SLP dual-dual catback. This may be the best sounding exhaust setup ever for an LS1 F-body. At that time, I also installed underdrive pulleys, a factory LS6 intake, and Bilstein shocks and struts all the way around. I then had it tuned by Speed Inc., and it put out 358 rear wheel horsepower on their dyno. I have the dyno sheet if you're interested. All work was done using the best parts, with particular attention paid to detail and quality workmanship. At approximately the same time, I also installed a factory Blackwing airlid, this is not shown in the picture but is installed now.

The car currently rides on a set of BF Goodrich Comp TA KDs which have about 200 miles on them. When I purchased it in 2003 it had approximately 28,000 miles on it, and today it's at approximately 44,500 miles. It has always been garage-kept, never driven in snow or rain, and it is in pristine condition, inside and out. People often say "you'll never find another one this clean", in this case, it may very well be true.

I am asking what I feel to be a fair $15,500 for the car. I am willing to consider reasonable offers from the right buyer. At my asking price, if the buyer chooses, I will include the original intake components (lid and manifold), exhaust manifolds, cats, and cloth seats and door panels for no additional charge, and give the option to add an extra set of 4 brand new never-mounted Comp TA KDs for an additional $500. If a lower price is negotiated, I reserve the right to convert the car back to the factory manifolds and exhaust, factory intake, factory cloth interior, and factory cassette stereo. I'm really hoping to find the right buyer though, who will appreciate this car exactly as it is. If you know what a Formula WS6 is, then you know how rarely these come up for sale. This is your chance to own an extremely well-kept version of one of the rarest 4th gen F-bodies ever made.

Old 04-01-2014, 12:50 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks just like mine with a ws6 hood. Glws!
Old 04-01-2014, 01:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Beautiful! Sweet ride!
Old 04-01-2014, 09:21 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow Mike hate to see you sell it. We should all meet up for one last cruise night with it.
Old 04-05-2014, 03:25 PM
Teching In

Do you have interior pics?
Old 04-06-2014, 03:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks guys! Hey Al, what's going on? Would love to get together, you're always welcome to stop by, we get together every Saturday rain or shine. We just adjourned a few minutes ago. You'll have to see my mid-life crisis project, the Cutlass. If your car wasn't bone stock, it might be an interesting race. PM sent Shrapnel.
Old 05-25-2014, 09:25 AM
Teching In

Stil got man? interior pics?

Last edited by Way_Fast_Whitey; 05-25-2014 at 09:32 AM.
Old 05-26-2014, 05:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

Car is sold.

Quick Reply: 1999 Formula WS6