Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

2006 Cadillac CTS V Supercharged LS2 Magnuson

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2014, 01:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Cadillac CTS V Supercharged LS2 Magnuson

Year: 2006
Make: Cadillac
Model: CTS-V
Price: $15500
Mileage: 93300
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): UT
Color: Gray
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

2006 LS2 Supercharged CTS V. I am a real estate agent and have used this car as my primary method of transportation to drive my clients around. I just purchased a F150 ecoboost truck to replace this car as my year around real estate vehicle. I love this car but it is not cost effective to keep two vehicles for my real estate needs. Trying to drive a 500 horse rear wheel drive performance car during the winter in Utah isn't a smart move, especially when I need to take clients around in it.

I ordered a Magnuson Supercharger kit and had it professionally installed last year, including a full dyno tune. The car starts, runs and drives like a stock V until you mash the gas and then the beast wakes up! Car makes 488 Wheel horse @ 5psi and has zero drivability issues. Get in this car today and drive it across country! AC is ice cold, heated seats work great. car is tight and responsive and has 4 new tires installed. The rim lips are a chewed up a little, they were this way when I bought it but the tires still balance properly. Interior is great shape, body and paint is overall good condition and mechanically the car has no issues. Car has upgraded rear axle to prevent wheel hop ( wheel hop destroys caddy rear ends ). This car has ZERO wheel hop, axles completely took care of it. In my opinion Stealth Grey is the best color GM ever released and it looks amazing on the V.. It's a color you don't see every day.

Things worth noting:

1. CAR HAS A REBUILT TITLE BUT DO NOT LET THAT SCARE YOU! THE CAR LOOKS AND DRIVES GREAT. I HAVE OWNED THE CAR A LITTLE UNDER 2 YRS AND PUT MANY MILES ON IT AND IT'S NEVER SKIPPED A BEAT. YOU WOULD NEVER KNOW IT WAS REBUILT UNLESS YOU TOLD SOMEONE.

2. The sun roof stopped opening and I have no idea why. I will look into it and see if it's something simple like a fuse. Either way, the sun roof is closed and does not leak. I have opened it maybe 3 times in 2 years so I couldn't tell you the last time I used it.

3. The rotors are cross drilled and slotted and are starting to get warped a little. You feel a little pulsation in the pedal if you lay on the brakes hard but the car still stops perfectly and this is something that doesn't need to be replaced right away. You still have a couple years on them and you can buy all 4 rotors for a couple hundred bucks, I was going to wait until the brake pads needed to be replaced so I could do it all at the same time. Brakes do not squeak or make noises, you just feel the pulsation in the pedal.

4. has dual corsa mufflers and the car sounds absolutely amazing. No smoking from engine, no weird issues.. oil pressure is good. transmission shifts flawlessly and clutch holds just fine.

5. No check engine lights. Car passes strict utah safety and emissions tests without a problem with airbags in place.

6. car currently has my real estate car wrap vinyl on the body. I will have this removed by a sign shop once it sells but I am going to keep it on there until then because it's good advertisement for me.

7. The heater doesn't blow hot for some reason. It will sometimes stay cool or will blow warm but never blows hot. I didn't worry about it because this car is a summer driver for me. Driving a 500 horse rear wheel drive in a utah snow storm wouldn't work very well and since this car is made for summer driving I wouldn't worry about the heater. The AC is ice cold and will freeze you out which is good!

8. I had the blower kit installed and the car tuned by a professional performance shop. I have all the parts to put it back to stock if you want them. I may even consider putting the car back to stock and loading the stock tune for a couple grand less if someone doesn't want the blower on it. The car idles, revs, drives like a stock car with the blower installed.

9. Brand new fuel tank. The old one had a leak and since they are plastic I had no way to fix it so I replaced it.

Any other questions feel free to let me know. It's a good car and will make you very happy with the way it looks, handles, sounds and performs. It's a solid running car.

Here is a link to the car on the final run of the dyno tune:

Any further questions please let me know.
Attached Thumbnails 2006 Cadillac CTS V Supercharged LS2 Magnuson-_57.jpg   2006 Cadillac CTS V Supercharged LS2 Magnuson-_14.jpg   2006 Cadillac CTS V Supercharged LS2 Magnuson-_12.jpg   2006 Cadillac CTS V Supercharged LS2 Magnuson-_59.jpg   2006 Cadillac CTS V Supercharged LS2 Magnuson-_58.jpg  

Old 05-28-2014, 05:27 PM
Teching In

The heater issue sounds like low coolant..... exactly like low coolant
Old 06-05-2014, 09:27 AM
Teching In

Would you take 14k for the cts?

Quick Reply: 2006 Cadillac CTS V Supercharged LS2 Magnuson