Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

2001 Camaro SS

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2014, 03:05 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Camaro SS

Year: 2001
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Camaro
Price: $6000
Mileage: 160000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): NC
Color: Blue
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

Selling my 2001 camaro SS. LS1, MM6, mild build including TSP cam complete with LS7 lifters and comp pushrods in new 241 heads, short tube headers, Borla exhaust, Monster stage 3 clutch, SLP intake, short throw shifter, sitting on 315 35 17's. Comes with Ultra Z hood. Car needs some cosmetic work. Has a small area where some touch up paint bubbled. It popped and cracked the paint. Blemish is about the size of a nickel/quarter. The drivers door is a typical 4th gen with the bushing worn out and a crack in the door skin. Door still operates, but sags a bit and makes some noise. Interior wise there is just signs of wear on the shifter and steering wheel. There was some signs of cracking in the seats so I put custom made seat covers on and they look great. The passenger front rim has a small bend in it that causes air to leak out slowly and needs to be topped off usually every morning. Local rim repair shop said it is fixable and quoted me $120, but as this is my second car my current situation hasn't allotted the funds to get it fixed.

The car includes the seat covers, as well as an OBDII digital gauge pod/code scanner with 50+ live gauges, and the free oil and filter for the first change.

There is nothing wrong with this car that prevents in from being driven daily in it's current condition. Car runs and drives great and is incredibly strong. Even has local references as to it's condition. Asking $6000 OBO.

Here is a link to my CL add with pictures and contact info. Feel free to call/text/email me with any questions. Thanks everyone.

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/4805149976.html
Old 12-18-2014, 09:21 AM
Staging Lane

Daily bump. Motivated sale! Only asking $300 over book value for over $3k worth of brand new work! Price is flexible! The gauge pod, oil, and seat covers were quite expensive and they come for free!

Last edited by I Confederate I; 12-18-2014 at 09:27 AM.
Old 12-19-2014, 05:08 PM
Staging Lane

Daily bump. If you take a minute to read the ad please let me know what you think! If I'm asking too much, what turned you away, etc. I'd really love some feedback!
Old 12-19-2014, 05:19 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by I Confederate I
Daily bump. If you take a minute to read the ad please let me know what you think! If I'm asking too much, what turned you away, etc. I'd really love some feedback!
I'll be honest I'm kind of interested in the car but there were no interior shots and the shots you do have of it aren't very good. Maybe when you did the work to the engine or miles on the setup, where it was tuned? Also the wheel leaking out is kind of a difficult to understand why it hasn't been fixed. For me I would be traveling quite a ways to check it out and would wonder why someone that put so much into the car couldn't go get a wheel fixed. Please don't take this as bashing just some feed back.
Old 12-20-2014, 01:32 AM
Staging Lane

Slacker: the car was tuned at Mayhem Motorsports in Raleigh. If you haven't heard of them look them up, they are awesome guys.

I will get some new pictures tomorrow, I didn't realize the quality ended up so poor on my ad. They look a lot better on my camera.

To try and make a very long story short I bought the car a few years back as a project. It ran great when I bought it, but I wanted something to build up. I did all of the work to the car about 2 years ago, but as I said before this has always been my second car or "weekend" car as some would call it, so it has accrued very little mileage in those two years (less than 10k). Never been on the track. Just to cruise around and make some high school kids angry. There are some roads in my area that aren't maintained very well and I hit a very modest pothole a couple of months back and bent the rim. I called and quoted to get the rim fixed and just haven't made it there yet. I could list my excuses, but they are just that. Excuses. I won't lie to anyone about that. I still drive the car and it doesn't bother me. I run a shop and have air at my house. I air it up before work, work a 6-8 hour shift, air it back up, and go home. I usually drive it to work once a week. The rim damage is pretty recent, and I have the intention to fix it if the car doesn't sell.

I also thought that a new buyer may not want to keep it on 315's and would end up having to buy new rims anyway, so I would leave it up to them and we could work something out in the price.

On the flip side if a buyer wanted the car with those rims, but that issue would make or break the deal then I would absolutely go get it fixed right away.

But I figured most would be ok with me settling for $200 off the car and spending $120 to get rim fixed.

Sorry if I got a little wordy, and I hope I answered all of your questions. Would you like me to send you some pictures directly? New pictures will be uploaded to the CL ad tomorrow.

Quick Reply: 2001 Camaro SS