Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

2009 BMW 335i FBO+Meth 440+RWHP - Includes spare engine, turbos, head, tools: Atlanta

Old 05-20-2015, 09:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2009 BMW 335i FBO+Meth 440+RWHP - Includes spare engine, turbos, head, tools: Atlanta

Year: 2009
Make: BMW
Model: 3-Series
Price: $19999
Mileage: 82000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): GA
Color: Silver
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

VIP NOTE:The listed price for the vehicle includes both the car and numerous spare BMW parts and specialty tools worth a few thousand dollars on their own. My goal is to clear out all of my BMW stuff in once sale. I have made every effort to make this description as detailed and accurate as possible and have included both the good & bad details of my car.

2009 BMW e90 335i
Titanium Silver
Black Leather Interior w/Aluminum
Sport Package
Comfort Access
6 Speed Manual
VIN: WBAPM77559NL94590

MODIFICATIONS:
  • BMS Dual Cone Intake
  • BMS Cowl Filters
  • BMS JB4 G5 with ISO
  • BMS Meth Injection Kit
  • BMS FSB Meth Controller
  • BMS Optional 2.3 Gallon Meth Tank (Comes full with 100% VP Racing M1!)
  • BMS DP Fix
  • BMS 2-Step Relay (No Lift Shift & Launch Control)
  • BMS Oil Catch Can
  • BMS Short Throw Clutch Stop
  • BMS Modified BMW Clutch Valve
  • BMS Custom Backend Flash (uses Bavarian Technic Cable- included) (Setup for 30-50% e85 mix)
  • BMS Sport Oil Cooler Valve
  • RB Metal PCV
  • ER Chargepipe
  • Synapse BOV
  • CX Racing Intercooler
  • VRSF 3” Stainless Steel Off-Road DPs
  • Mid-cat delete
  • Dual Dynomax 2.5”
  • SPEC Stage 3+ Clutch
  • SPEC Aluminum Flywheel
  • Walbro 255 inline
  • can't list all...

Wheels/Tires
  • SSR GT2 Wheels 19x8.5F ET42 & 19x10R ET25
  • Wheels are naturally silver, currently plasti-dipped gunmetal grey[/INDENT]
  • Hankook Ventus V12 225/45/19F & 245/35/19R
  • Tires are like new (more than 90% tread remaining)
  • APEX 75mm Extended Wheel Studs and open nuts

• SPECIALTY TOOLS
    • Jack Pad Adaptor
    • BMW Crank pulley securing tool
    • clutch bleed tool
    • Custom made brake bleeder
    • BMW’s require bottom up bleed
  • Spark Plug Socket
  • Oil Filter Adaptor & Socket
  • BMW INPA Software (Advanced Diagnostics and Coding)
  • Because this is known to be difficult to setup and requires Windows XP to run correctly, I will include a fully configured Windows XP Image you can install on any computer
  • Bavarian Technics Cable & Software (Basic diagnostics and Coding)
  • BMW Walnut Shell Blasting Tools

• BONUS PARTS (Included with vehicle purchase)
    • 2009 N54 Short Block Assembly
    • complete, good working order, assembled
    • ~ 50,000 miles
  • (2) Stock turbos and manifolds
  • good shape
  • ~ 50,000 miles
  • Core (rebuildable) cylinder head and camshafts
  • Spare engine wire harness with sensors included, this includes
  • Vanos sensors
  • TMAP & MAP sensors
  • knock sensors
  • boost control solenoids
  • In addition, there are plenty of spare ‘hard-parts’ such as (but not limited to):
  • injectors
  • ignition coils
  • throttle body
  • fuel pump
  • vacuum pump
  • thermostat assembly
  • oil filter housing
  • intake manifold
  • AWD oil pan
  • Honestly, there is a lot I’m forgetting. It is too much to list...
  • Of course, all of the OEM removed components will be included, specifically:
  • Air Filter/box assembly
  • Intercooler and piping
  • charge pipe & diverter valves
  • down pipes
  • mid cats
  • cowl assembly
  • In case I forgot to list something, the bottom line is: with the exception of the factory clutch and mufflers, I have all of the stock parts I removed.
  • Stock 18” 5 start BMW Sport wheels
  • With worn used tires (not currently mounted)
  • Finally, aftermarket parts, not currently installed:
  • BMS JB4 G4 with upgraded solenoids
  • Spec aluminum flywheel for the spare engine
  • 8 bolt: late 2009.5+ N54 and N55 design
  • Less than 1000 miles of use
  • BMS DP fix
  • Note – BMS no longer sells these, so they are very valuable right now
  • This is what you need in order to pass a plug in test

• Honestly, I’m leaving out boxes full of spare parts, things like good unused gaskets, spare pulleys, etc. I’m just looking to clear my garage out. If you see any BMW stuff when you come to pick up the car – it’s yours!

NOTABLE MAINTENANCE ITEMS

~ 1000 miles
    • New BMW Fuel Injectors
    • All 6 replaced. Brand new, OEM BMW injectors (cost $1000+)
  • 4 New tires
  • New Valve Cover Gasket
  • New throttle body O-ring
  • New Intake Manifold O-rings
  • New VANOS Solenoid O-rings
  • New (reman) Starter
  • New (reman) Power Steering Pump
  • New Serpentine Belt
  • New Serpentine Tensioner and all pulleys
  • LF Wheel Bearing
  • New Oil Filter Housing Gasket
  • New Spark Plugs
  • BMW Valve Cover
  • New vacuum hose Turbo Wastegates to BCS
  • OEM Oil & Filter Change

• ~ 5000 miles
    • Walnut blast service
    • Battery (960 CCA)
    • Battery coding performed via INPA
    • OEM BMW battery ground cable

Other Maint
    • Brakes : Pads/Rotors/Brake sensors ~60K
    • Water Pump~70K
    • Thermostat & Housing ~70K
    • Coil Packs~70K
    • RR Wheel Bearing ~70K
    • SPEC Clutch/Flywheel ~50K
    • Replaced longblock after timing issue (happy to explain in more detail) ~50k
    • Oil Pan Gasket ~50K
    • BMW Clutch Slave Cylinder ~50K
    • BMW Clutch Throw Out Bearing ~50K
    • Brake/Clutch Bleed (ATE “Super Blue” Fluid) ~60K
    • Radiator Flush (BMW Coolant/Water Mix) ~70K
    • BMW MAP/TMAP Sensors ~60K

DISCLOSURES: Because pictures sometimes hide details, I would like to disclose any known areas of concern with the vehicle:
    • There are a few minor scratches on and around the passenger side rear door. They don’t seem to show up in the pictures. I've had these both professionally wet-sanded and professionally buffed; however, if you look close enough, in person, you will see them.
    • The car was in a very minor accident in October of 2014, I rear ended someone going < 10 mph in stop-and-go Atlanta traffic. I've included the VIN so you’re welcome to look up the vehicle history; however, I can also include the full accident report (with the pictures taken by my insurance company) upon request. All repair work was performed by Magnum Collision in Marietta, GA – LOOK THIS PLACE UP! – They near exclusively work on exotics/hot rods (my car was about the lowest end vehicle in their shop). They did an immaculate job using only factory BMW parts – in addition – I paid ~$2000 out of pocket (non-accident related) for them to clean up some other minor imperfections and pull/re-contour the rear fenders.
    • The BMS cowl elimination kit lets in a good bit of engine noise – this is normal. Note: the factory cowl assembly is included with the car and can be reinstalled.
    • The car has a single-mass flywheel conversion (Spec Stage 3+ with aluminum flywheel) – while this is a great, reliable clutch, with very good feel for an aftermarket clutch – it is noisy at idle. This is a normal noise that all modern vehicles which convert from a dual-mass to single-mass flywheel make (please Google single-mass conversions) – however, I don’t want there to be any surprises.
    • On the topic of noise, the factory vacuum pump is making a slight whirring noise – due to the cowl elimination this is more noticeable than normal. The vacuum pump appears to be working without issue; however, I am including a spare vacuum pump with the purchase of the car nonetheless.
    • The factory turbochargers are on their way out. At this point, they still function fine mechanically (i.e. boost/power is okay) however, they are beginning to smoke especially on acceleration. In addition, the stock wastegates ‘rattle’ – this is a very common issue on these cars. Note, there is a set of good condition stock turbos included with the car.
    • I currently have aftermarket (no-cat) downpipes installed on the car as well as the BMS ‘back-end’ flash tune. While in this state of tune, the vehicle will not pass emissions. The following items will be included with the sale: The stock tune, the factory cats, and a BMS DP fix kit (not currently installed).
    • Otherwise, while the car has some (very) minor nicks and scratches expected of a vehicle of its mileage, overall, the interior and exterior are in much better than average condition. Moreover, with the exception of the items specifically noted above, the car has been immaculately maintained and is in better than average mechanical condition.
    Attached Thumbnails 2009 BMW 335i FBO+Meth 440+RWHP - Includes spare engine, turbos, head, tools: Atlanta-dsc_0138.jpg   2009 BMW 335i FBO+Meth 440+RWHP - Includes spare engine, turbos, head, tools: Atlanta-dsc_0144.jpg   2009 BMW 335i FBO+Meth 440+RWHP - Includes spare engine, turbos, head, tools: Atlanta-dsc_0015.jpg   2009 BMW 335i FBO+Meth 440+RWHP - Includes spare engine, turbos, head, tools: Atlanta-dsc_0018.jpg  
    Reply Like
    Old 05-20-2015, 09:25 PM
    Teching In

Default More pics

more pics...
    Attached Thumbnails 2009 BMW 335i FBO+Meth 440+RWHP - Includes spare engine, turbos, head, tools: Atlanta-dsc_0020.jpg   2009 BMW 335i FBO+Meth 440+RWHP - Includes spare engine, turbos, head, tools: Atlanta-dsc_0022.jpg   2009 BMW 335i FBO+Meth 440+RWHP - Includes spare engine, turbos, head, tools: Atlanta-dsc_0023.jpg   2009 BMW 335i FBO+Meth 440+RWHP - Includes spare engine, turbos, head, tools: Atlanta-dsc_0031.jpg  
    Old 05-20-2015, 09:25 PM
    Teching In

Default even more pics

even more pics
    Attached Thumbnails 2009 BMW 335i FBO+Meth 440+RWHP - Includes spare engine, turbos, head, tools: Atlanta-dsc_0032.jpg   2009 BMW 335i FBO+Meth 440+RWHP - Includes spare engine, turbos, head, tools: Atlanta-dsc_0035.jpg   2009 BMW 335i FBO+Meth 440+RWHP - Includes spare engine, turbos, head, tools: Atlanta-dsc_0036.jpg   2009 BMW 335i FBO+Meth 440+RWHP - Includes spare engine, turbos, head, tools: Atlanta-dsc_0039.jpg  
    Old 05-20-2015, 09:27 PM
    Teching In

Default even more, more, pics

even more, more, pics
    Attached Thumbnails 2009 BMW 335i FBO+Meth 440+RWHP - Includes spare engine, turbos, head, tools: Atlanta-dsc_0040.jpg   2009 BMW 335i FBO+Meth 440+RWHP - Includes spare engine, turbos, head, tools: Atlanta-dsc_0061.jpg   2009 BMW 335i FBO+Meth 440+RWHP - Includes spare engine, turbos, head, tools: Atlanta-dsc_0063.jpg   2009 BMW 335i FBO+Meth 440+RWHP - Includes spare engine, turbos, head, tools: Atlanta-dsc_0075.jpg  
    Old 05-20-2015, 09:28 PM
    Teching In

Default even, even, more, more, pics

even, even, more, more, pics
    Attached Thumbnails 2009 BMW 335i FBO+Meth 440+RWHP - Includes spare engine, turbos, head, tools: Atlanta-dsc_0076.jpg   2009 BMW 335i FBO+Meth 440+RWHP - Includes spare engine, turbos, head, tools: Atlanta-dsc_0077.jpg   2009 BMW 335i FBO+Meth 440+RWHP - Includes spare engine, turbos, head, tools: Atlanta-dsc_0078.jpg   2009 BMW 335i FBO+Meth 440+RWHP - Includes spare engine, turbos, head, tools: Atlanta-dsc_0079.jpg  
    Old 05-20-2015, 09:29 PM
    Teching In

Default what can I say, it's a photogenic car

what can I say, it's a photogenic car
    Attached Thumbnails 2009 BMW 335i FBO+Meth 440+RWHP - Includes spare engine, turbos, head, tools: Atlanta-dsc_0082.jpg   2009 BMW 335i FBO+Meth 440+RWHP - Includes spare engine, turbos, head, tools: Atlanta-dsc_0083.jpg   2009 BMW 335i FBO+Meth 440+RWHP - Includes spare engine, turbos, head, tools: Atlanta-dsc_0093.jpg   2009 BMW 335i FBO+Meth 440+RWHP - Includes spare engine, turbos, head, tools: Atlanta-dsc_0094.jpg  
    Old 05-20-2015, 09:31 PM
    Teching In

Default only a couple more, I promise

only a couple more, I promise
    Attached Thumbnails 2009 BMW 335i FBO+Meth 440+RWHP - Includes spare engine, turbos, head, tools: Atlanta-dsc_0095.jpg   2009 BMW 335i FBO+Meth 440+RWHP - Includes spare engine, turbos, head, tools: Atlanta-dsc_0097.jpg   2009 BMW 335i FBO+Meth 440+RWHP - Includes spare engine, turbos, head, tools: Atlanta-dsc_0098.jpg   2009 BMW 335i FBO+Meth 440+RWHP - Includes spare engine, turbos, head, tools: Atlanta-dsc_0145.jpg  
    Old 05-20-2015, 09:32 PM
    Teching In

Default This is the last of them!

Unless there are any special requests, these are the last of the pics. Please message if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Eric
    Attached Thumbnails 2009 BMW 335i FBO+Meth 440+RWHP - Includes spare engine, turbos, head, tools: Atlanta-dsc_0145.jpg   2009 BMW 335i FBO+Meth 440+RWHP - Includes spare engine, turbos, head, tools: Atlanta-dsc_0147.jpg   2009 BMW 335i FBO+Meth 440+RWHP - Includes spare engine, turbos, head, tools: Atlanta-dsc_0169.jpg  
    Old 05-25-2015, 03:24 PM
    Teching In

Default Sale Pending

Sale Pending
    Old 05-26-2015, 10:27 AM
    Teching In

My single Mas Flywheel and clutch are perfectly quiet. Its not normal to make noise. Sounds like the Throw out bearing may be bad. I love the car though. Its would replace my turbo M3 sedan perfectly.
    Old 05-28-2015, 09:56 PM
    Teching In

Not trying to start an argument, however - The throw out bearing is fine. I've had the transmission out twice - new BMW throw out bearing (plenty of grease), new slave, new bolts, etc - both times.

These transmissions (late model e9x's) are a very different design; the pilot bearing is on the transmission side and is engaged by a shaft permanently attached to the flywheel. All my older cars (i.e. my F Body, and a dozen other cars) never had noise with single mass flywheels - all my newer cars (i.e. my e90, or even my sister's 370z) rattle around - similar to a bad throw out bearing - after the single mass conversion. Look it up on the e9x forums, everyone with a SPEC (single mass) flywheel has noise.

Either way, (sincere) thanks for the compliment! Is your Turbo M3 an e46 or e36? I used to have a (mildly modified) e46 M3 - I would love to build a turbo e36 M someday as a second car.

Let me know if you have any interest in the car. However, I have a potential buyer coming to take a look at it tomorrow morning.

-Eric
    Old 06-03-2015, 01:34 PM
    Teching In

CAR IS SOLD!!

Best wishes to the buyer
    Reply Subscribe

Search this Thread
    Show Printable Version
    Email this Page

Quick Reply: 2009 BMW 335i FBO+Meth 440+RWHP - Includes spare engine, turbos, head, tools: Atlanta