Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

2001 Camaro SLP SS Sunset Orange M6 57K Miles

Old 05-21-2015, 10:58 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 2001 Camaro SLP SS Sunset Orange M6 57K Miles

Year: 2001
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Camaro
Price: $12500
Mileage: 57000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): FL
Color: Orange
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

I have a 2001 Chevy Camaro SS SLP M6 with 57k original miles.
Manual 6 Speed

Car has:
Texas Speed Complete 228 Cam package
Kooks Long tube headers with true dual exhaust and 3" dumps
SLP Lid and smooth below
5.0 shift kit
LS7 Clutch

Only a handful made in this color option. Car is a fun street car. Has plenty of room to grow.
Attached Thumbnails 2001 Camaro SLP SS Sunset Orange M6 57K Miles-image.jpg  

Last edited by MJR7AD; 05-21-2015 at 01:34 PM. Reason: Picture added
Old 05-21-2015, 01:29 PM
On The Tree

Guy backed out who was coming, I'm not interest in signing affidavits or notarizing bills of sales. Title is clear and in my name. I work 24-hr call, if you are interested PM me. Car has been garage kept and is in mint condition. I'm not looking to deal with tire kickers. No checks, cash only.
Old 05-21-2015, 01:46 PM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pm sent.
Old 05-21-2015, 11:26 PM
Teching In

When you can't provide an ID or whatever the DMV needs for a no hassle title transfer then you can keep it & my money will stay in my pocket. I'm covering my butt, why would I not listen to the DMV in my state!!?! When they say something is required, I am surely going to comply

Last edited by LouisianaCam; 05-21-2015 at 11:34 PM.
Old 05-22-2015, 06:44 AM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Notarizing a "Bill of Sale" is a very common attribute of making a car sale. Your not selling a beater parts car that someone is hauling away on a trailer but instead asking for a $12,500 CASH Transaction. Every state I have ever lived in requires a Notarized bill of sale to do the transfer, how can you fault that on the potential buyer?

It sounds like you are a very busy person and that selling a car does not fit well with your schedule but you have to be somewhat working with the customer that is just the general nature of Sales.

Related to your request for CASH only you will find a lot of guys who do not do business in the fashion. A Bankers Check/Money Order provides documented trail as well is the only way some people can get a loan. Banks don't just hand out cash.

Not saying you are trying to be shady but the fact that you are saying you refuse to notarize anything and you want cash only opens up the buyer to a whole new can of worms in that as soon as they get home you could call and report it stolen and they would have no documentation trail.

But as I am not buying the car I can just sit back and admire

Very nice example of a SOM Camaro and at a very reasonable price.
Old 05-22-2015, 11:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice car. Should go quick.

Here in Connecticut we don't require notarizing bills of sales. So don't give them any ideas...lol. I've purchased about 2-3 dozen used cars in this state over the past 28 years, mostly with private individuals. Never had a problem. And many of those purchases were with cash, a couple of them over $10K. As long as I leave with a signed original title (model years 1970 or later), a bill of sale signed by the current owner, and THE CAR itself, I have no problems. But driving down to the local town hall to get a bill of sale notarized isn't any big deal either...figure an hour or less. As of 2012: the 5 states that do require you to get a bill of sale notarized are Louisiana, Maryland, Nebraska, New Hampshire, and West Virginia. That leaves 45 states.

Fwiw, the ONLY problem car transaction that I ever had was in fact one with a notarized bill of sale. Go figure! And those guys were in Missouri. The dealer that had that '69 Plymouth in the 1980's had bought it from the original owner. The dealer rolled the mileage back from approx 80K miles to 16K miles sometime in 1986-1988. When I bought the car in 1995 (7 owners later) I tracked down all the original DMV information and found how that dealer did the switcheroo. I got in touch with the original owner who told me what the mileage was when he sold it. The dealer's wife was a notary so she stamped all the bogus documents provided to her. If the crooks can notarize a document and get away with it, how much are they really worth? Usually your gut feel and common sense are more than enough to get you through. If a scammer is worth their salt, they'll have a fake driver's license to match their fake identity. There's no sure thing.

Last edited by Firebrian; 05-22-2015 at 11:58 AM.
Old 05-22-2015, 11:17 AM
Teching In

Every state is different
Old 05-22-2015, 11:23 AM
On The Tree

Don't care what anyone thinks, I am the seller. If you want to buy my car I am not going out of my way to provide you with my driver license and signing documents that are forging the sale price. I say cash because I'm not interested in cashing a bad check while someone has driven off hours ago with my car.

Wish I had enough time as you do to sit here and write a novel.
Old 05-22-2015, 11:38 AM
On The Tree

Also just to mention, I had no issue complying with the request on the buyer, but it was questionable that he did not know the requirements of his state. I didn't have a problem going in front a notary to sign the bill of sale, but I did have a problem giving him a copy of my drivers license at a 2am deal for a notary friend of his to later stamp it. I guess this was his first private deal car purchase., but it shouldn't be a surprise that the seller would be suspicious. I am aware of the requirements in my state, and the many surrounding states. A signed clean with a bill of sale should have been sufficient.
Dmv.org shows requirements for all states.
Don't know why this is such an issue.
Not looking for a hassle. Car is a beast and if it doesn't sell I have no problem keeping it. I am only looking out for the safety of myself and my family.
Old 05-22-2015, 12:00 PM
Teching In

Ha my first purchase right, you know me huh? Don't think so. Ummmmm I'm pretty sure I got all my information from the DMV in MY state buddy not a "friend". But anyways good luck with the sale *****
Old 05-22-2015, 12:09 PM
On The Tree

A document that is to be notarized needs for the signers to be there. I have you the option to meet me at a UPS store that had available notaries. Good luck on your hunt, and on your clarification by the DMV when they tell you that you were mistaken by asking for so much personal information from a private seller.
Old 05-22-2015, 12:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Bandits96ss
Notarizing a "Bill of Sale" is a very common attribute of making a car sale. Your not selling a beater parts car that someone is hauling away on a trailer but instead asking for a $12,500 CASH Transaction. Every state I have ever lived in requires a Notarized bill of sale to do the transfer, how can you fault that on the potential buyer?

It sounds like you are a very busy person and that selling a car does not fit well with your schedule but you have to be somewhat working with the customer that is just the general nature of Sales.

Related to your request for CASH only you will find a lot of guys who do not do business in the fashion. A Bankers Check/Money Order provides documented trail as well is the only way some people can get a loan. Banks don't just hand out cash.

Not saying you are trying to be shady but the fact that you are saying you refuse to notarize anything and you want cash only opens up the buyer to a whole new can of worms in that as soon as they get home you could call and report it stolen and they would have no documentation trail.

But as I am not buying the car I can just sit back and admire

Very nice example of a SOM Camaro and at a very reasonable price.
I currently live in Ohio and had someone from Florida. I would only accept cash AND the transaction had to be conducted at my bank so that their machine could count and verify the bills. There are simply too many scammers out there to not cover your butt. In my opinion, if you need to get a loan for a vehicle like this, you probably can not afford the car.
Old 05-22-2015, 12:28 PM
On The Tree

And also... You stated,'

When you can't provide an ID or whatever the DMV needs for a no hassle title transfer then you can keep it & my money will stay in my pocket. I'm covering my butt, why would I not listen to the DMV in my state!!?! When they say something is required, I am surely going to comply
Last edited by LouisianaCam; Yesterday at 10:34 PM.."

You didn't even know what documents you wanted from me! You couldn't even get your story straight on what you were requesting, and then I when said I would feel more comfortable meeting at a UPS store to have the bill of sale notarized, you didn't want to do that! Shouldn't it be the buyers responsibility to know what your state needs? I'm sorry to tell you, but most people aren't going to be open to just surrendering copies of identification and having forms notarized at a later date. I'd suggest you have a clear understanding of what it is from the seller you are looking for. I'm sorry but signing affidavits and papers I didn't know what I was signing was not something I'm interested in.
Old 05-22-2015, 01:27 PM
Teching In

I never said I wouldn't go to a place to get it done your twisting the story around and making me look like the bad guy. I'm just glad now I didn't buy it knowing a freaking tree/ tree limb fell on the hood & fender or whatever your bs story was you fed me. Again, GLWS
Old 05-22-2015, 02:23 PM
Teching In

As the advisor to the would be buyer I have purchased a car from Florida just recently . And I was too advised by the dmv that it would be in my best interest to obtain a copy of the sellers drivers license in order to protect myself from any issues during the title transfer. Just as you are trying to protect yourself from from Someone stealing your car any buyer will want to protect themselves from a potentially big problem during the title transfer that could postpone the car being legal on the road and cost extra money . If you are too busy to take a picture of your license then you are damn sure to busy to sell a car my friend . As someone previously stated Louisiana clearly requires a notarized bill of sale as well. The man drove 3 hours and was half way there to get the car and you sounded like floyyd Mayweather calling the shots . what could possibly be on your license that isn't listed on the title of the car? Aside from a social which you could have covered with ease . But oh well whomever tries to buy this car good luck .
Old 05-22-2015, 02:39 PM
On The Tree

If someone is interested in a damn good priced SS, from a stand up guy, then this is the car for you. I don't need the money, so I am not eager to sell.
Hope you had a nice drive home.

Last edited by MJR7AD; 05-22-2015 at 02:45 PM.
Old 05-22-2015, 02:41 PM
Teching In

I did, hope you enjoy working your life away James
Old 05-22-2015, 02:47 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by cali_bear2003
I currently live in Ohio and had someone from Florida. I would only accept cash AND the transaction had to be conducted at my bank so that their machine could count and verify the bills. There are simply too many scammers out there to not cover your butt. In my opinion, if you need to get a loan for a vehicle like this, you probably can not afford the car.
Not disagreeing that someone taking a loan should prob not be buying the car. But that is the buyers issue not sellers. Banks have a very formal process for using a certified Bank Check for purchase for the sake of all 3 parties. The reality is once the seller cases the check he is eliminated from the scenario at that point if the buyer faults on the loan then the bank will be reposing the vehicle.
Old 05-22-2015, 02:49 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by MJR7AD
Also just to mention, I had no issue complying with the request on the buyer, but it was questionable that he did not know the requirements of his state. I didn't have a problem going in front a notary to sign the bill of sale, but I did have a problem giving him a copy of my drivers license at a 2am deal for a notary friend of his to later stamp it. I guess this was his first private deal car purchase., but it shouldn't be a surprise that the seller would be suspicious. I am aware of the requirements in my state, and the many surrounding states. A signed clean with a bill of sale should have been sufficient.
Dmv.org shows requirements for all states.
Don't know why this is such an issue.
Not looking for a hassle. Car is a beast and if it doesn't sell I have no problem keeping it. I am only looking out for the safety of myself and my family.
I never said you weren't as to every debate there is two sides to the story. Now that I have heard yours and that you offered to go to a notary it sounds as if you were in the right.
Old 05-22-2015, 03:11 PM
Teching In

Amazing car man! This thread needs to lighten up and the "Buyer" needs to drop it and GTFO of your thread.

I wish I had a few spare bucks man, this thing is legit! I am sadly only able to offer $8500, I can throw in the wife for a night though. Deal?

GLWS!!!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2001 Camaro SLP SS Sunset Orange M6 57K Miles