Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

SOLD! 2002 Red Pontiac Firebird Trans AM Convertible M6 WS6 26k Miles

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 12:08 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default SOLD! 2002 Red Pontiac Firebird Trans AM Convertible M6 WS6 26k Miles

Year: 2002
Make: Pontiac
Model: Trans Am
Price: $18000
Mileage: 26000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): TX
Color: Red
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

I’m looking for a buyer with $18k cash (and not a penny less) that is looking for this exact car. Hopefully, someone with that kind of cash will be in a position to give this beauty the kind of care it deserves. I bought it in September 2013 with less than 7k miles on it for $25k cash. The car is immaculate and it has nothing wrong with it. Odometer just turned 26k miles but it will go up as this is my daily driver (10-15 miles a day). The car is located in Addison, Texas (suburb of Dallas). The car has never been raced (I know that is a crime). I have owned two Corvettes and I get more compliments on this car than the two Corvettes put together. I don’t have to sell this car and I don’t have to justify my price, but I can provide some current comparables if it will help you.

Since I purchased the car, these original items have been replaced:

2/2014 Original serpentine belt replaced with Goodyear Gatorback
2/2014 Original power antenna replaced with color matched stubby
11/2014 Original tires replaced with Sumitomo HTRZ II
(High Technology Radials-2nd generation) @ 16,762 miles
11/2014 Original battery replaced with Sears DieHard Gold @ 16,261 miles
Windshield wiper blades have been replaced.

To the best of my knowledge and failing memory, the rest of the car is just like it came off the showroom floor. The door jams are as clean and shiny as the exterior paint. The 3 piece convertible boot is like new and includes the factory storage bag. Neither inside door panel has the infamous Firebird crack and the driver seat bolster shows no sign of wear.

All fluids were flushed and replaced by the prior owner before I took delivery. Engine oil changed at Firestone every 3k miles with synthetic blend

The belt and tires were replaced just because of their age. I still have the original belt which looks great and the original tires showed no signs of aging or uneven wear. I just was not comfortable driving on 12 year old tires. I also have the original power antenna. I am not interested in any trades and I don’t need any help selling it. I am going to list it on Facebook and the LS1TECH Forums only for 7-10 days to give them the first opportunity. If it doesn’t sell in that time, I’ll list it on Craiglist and maybe Ebay.

HiRes photos including the original window sticker and RPO codes are in this album.

Last edited by GR8RYD; 09-22-2015 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Sold
Old 07-27-2015, 12:20 AM
Launching!

Default For Sale 2002 Red Pontiac Firebird Trans AM Convertible M6 WS6 25k Miles

https://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicle-c...25k-miles.html

Last edited by GR8RYD; 07-28-2015 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Added an image
Old 07-27-2015, 06:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Your Facebook link says it cannot find the page
Old 07-27-2015, 07:32 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 442 Likes on 319 Posts

Same here. Bad link.
What a wonderful car. Not many 6 speed WS6 verts in existence with those low, low miles. Is this your last F-body? You've been posting here longer than me. How come you are selling?
Old 07-27-2015, 09:33 AM
Launching!

Original Ad has been updated to point to a local album with 53 photos and description in it. Hopefully this takes care of any further access issues. Thanks for your patience.

Last edited by GR8RYD; 07-28-2015 at 11:08 AM.
Old 07-27-2015, 09:45 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by NC01TA
Same here. Bad link.
What a wonderful car. Not many 6 speed WS6 verts in existence with those low, low miles. Is this your last F-body? You've been posting here longer than me. How come you are selling?
I will turn 70 years old the end of this month and if I have learned anything in those almost 70 years, it is never say never or always. To try to answer your question, I am putting more miles on the car than I thought I would. This is too nice a car to just use up. I had an almost identical 99 and I know the wear spots. If I sell it now, someone will have the opportunity to keep it even more original than I can. I have had both hips surgically replaced so at 70, getting down into the seat and back up out of it is difficult for me. I don't get to spend as much time with the top down because the summer sun beats down on my head and the heat really gets to me. This was not a problem 5 years ago but getting older is a bitch. I really enjoyed my Cadillac CTS so I may look for another one or more likely a nice SRX.
Old 07-27-2015, 12:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

When i click your link.....
Sorry, this page isn't available

The link you followed may be broken, or the page may have been removed.
Old 07-27-2015, 11:15 PM
Staging Lane

Default ttt

if this thing made some decent power id be all over it. love the look. ..love to see this with a simple supercharger and rear end...
Old 07-27-2015, 11:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice car, 6 speed Ram Air convertible. It is priced right for condition. GLWS.
Old 07-28-2015, 07:24 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 442 Likes on 319 Posts

Thank you for the response. You only have 10 years on me but I understand your physical concerns, especially getting in the car. It's not even easy when healthy in tight parking spots. I'm not sure why the heat gets worse as you get older. I lived in Florida my entire life and didn't use the a/c during my teens and 20's. Then I started using it regularly from age 30 and up. Moved to NC about 13 years ago and now I think it is hot here in the summer too! I can see not owning verts one day but in the meantime I still enjoy my two.
I wish you the very best with the sale. The Facebook link still doesn't work for me (maybe you have to be a member) but the drop box link worked fine and I could see all your photos. Someone is going to get a sweet ride.
Best of luck with everything. I know you will miss the car. That's the sad part.
Old 07-28-2015, 10:48 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 99'CajunFirehawk157
When i click your link.....
I copied all 53 photos to an album here on LS1TECH and changed the ad to point to that album. Hopefully that will take care of all the problems seeing the photos. Thanks, Tom
Old 07-28-2015, 11:00 AM
Launching!

Smile

Originally Posted by 99f1
if this thing made some decent power id be all over it. love the look. ..love to see this with a simple supercharger and rear end...
I understand. When it still had less than 10k miles on it, I thought about taking it to a shop nearby to see if we could make a deal where I would trade in my super low mileage LS1 engine plus a lot of cash and have them install a new LS7. But it already made plenty of power for driving around Addison and I thought about all the other upgrades I would need to get that much power down and all the other things I could do with that cash (eventually used it to get a divorce). And of course, it would then be anything but original.
Old 07-28-2015, 11:13 AM
Launching!

Default 2002 Red Pontiac Firebird Trans AM Convertible M6 WS6

https://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicle-c...25k-miles.html
Old 07-28-2015, 02:32 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,490 Likes on 1,072 Posts

Hello,

Please limit your threads on this sale to ads in the Vehicle Classifieds and respective Regional Classifieds areas only. We don't allow members to post/advertise supplemental threads in various tech areas that link to their private sale ads, so those threads have been merged into this one.

Thanks,
-Admin.
Old 07-29-2015, 05:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by GR8RYD
I understand. When it still had less than 10k miles on it, I thought about taking it to a shop nearby to see if we could make a deal where I would trade in my super low mileage LS1 engine plus a lot of cash and have them install a new LS7. But it already made plenty of power for driving around Addison and I thought about all the other upgrades I would need to get that much power down and all the other things I could do with that cash (eventually used it to get a divorce). LOL And of course, it would then be anything but original.
Agree with the original part. Some people want them that way and that's what seems to bring in the higher dollars. I bought my low mile car completely original, it had to be both of those things. Why? So I can ruin it myself!!!
Old 07-29-2015, 10:44 PM
Staging Lane

Default haha

a rear end. and a small blower. and thats all id want in this .....cars mint. glwts
Old 08-10-2015, 12:16 PM
Launching!

Smile

Forgot to mention that it also includes an interior matching DashMat and a brand new Skip Shift Eliminator. I keep forgetting to ask the tech to install it when they are changing the oil.
Old 08-23-2015, 07:43 AM
Launching!

Local temps dropped enough to put the top down and enjoy the fresh air. I know I am going to regret selling this remarkable piece of automotive history.
Old 09-22-2015, 08:54 AM
Launching!

Default Sold!

Wednesday, September 23, 2015 Big Red III goes to his new home with a collector in south Texas. I know I will regret selling it but the new owner was looking for this exact car and I am sure it will get excellent care. I’ve had the privilege of owning two of these beautiful red beasts and they have provided many great memories.

Each time I have sold a 4th gen, I say it was probably my last. Just in case I am correct this time, Thank You to all the contributors on LS1Tech that took the time to provide advice, examples, and the occasional constructive criticism. I wish you all the very best and I promise to occasionally look in on you in the future.

Quick Reply: SOLD! 2002 Red Pontiac Firebird Trans AM Convertible M6 WS6 26k Miles