Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

2000 Pontiac Trans Am

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2016, 02:09 PM
Staging Lane

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default 2000 Pontiac Trans Am

Year: 2000
Make: Pontiac
Model: Trans Am
Price: $9000
Mileage: 72900
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): NY
Color: Black
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

$9000 O.B.O.

2000 Pontiac Trans Am (72,900 miles)

5.7L LS1 V8

4L60E Automatic Transmission

Black Exterior

Black Leather Interior

Black/Charcoal Carpet

MODIFICATIONS/UPGRADES:

Kenwood KDC-252U Stereo Receiver (CD/MP3/USB/Aux/AM-FM Radio)

Side and Rear Windows have 30-35% Tint, and T-Tops have
Limo Tint (helps keep sun and heat out of the car)

Standard 16” Aluminum Rims

BFG G-Force Sport Comp-2 Rear Tires (less than 1,000 miles on them)

Drilled and Slotted Rotors and Ceramic Brake Pads on the front (rears not installed yet, but will be included)

Founder’s Performance Strut Tower Brace

SLP Lid

LS6 Intake Manifold

Pacesetter Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers

Off-Road Y-Pipe

Magnaflow Catback

NGK Spark Plugs with MSD Wires

New Ever-Start Plus Battery (replaced this year)

Tuned after EGR/AIR removal and exhaust setup for maximum efficiency with increased airflow

WILL pass inspection (will not have exhaust/check engine code, and was inspected 08/2015)

New front turn signal housings (they look much clearer and brighter than the originals)

ADDITIONAL INFO:

Car spent most of its life in the Western US (no salt/snow), I had it shipped here where it was safely stored each winter. There is no salt residue/corrosion/rust.
Mobil 1 Full Synthetic oil changes every 3,000 miles/every year.
Car has not been in any accidents and has a clean record.
Car has no liens on it, owned free and clear.
Heat/AC/Cruise/Wipers/Lights all work perfectly, and everything powered (Windows/Locks/Seat/etc) work as well.
T-Tops seal excellently and do not leak at all.
Key fob (lock/unlock/panic/rear hatch buttons) included.
Car is not leaking any fluids whatsoever.
Overall the car drives excellently. It’s responsive, powerful, and is simply a blast to drive. The BFG tires provide great traction on wet roads and in rain too.

FLAWS:

The car IS 15 years old, so it has a few blemishes here and there.
Paint has a few rock chips on the hood and bumper, there is a longer scratch on the rear passenger fender, and some minor scuffs/chips/other scratches scattered around the car. All of them completely fixable, but I have not gotten around to doing them myself. I’d rate the paint about 6/10.
The car does have the infamous 98-02 door panel cracks, and the top dash panel has a few cracks as well. (GM attributes that to the overall size of the pieces with limited flexibility)
The sun visors were worn and sagging when I bought the car so they were removed. (Not really useful anyway)
There is a tiny section (maybe .5” by 1”) at the bottom rear corner of the passenger window, where the tint film tore off. (It can be patched if you have access to tint film)
Minor scuffs here and there in the interior as well.
Carpet is a little worn in the hatch area.
The driver’s side T-Top is a replacement from a different car, and has a different key than the original. (GM/locksmith can re-key the cylinder to take the same key if you prefer.)
Steering wheel audio controls are not compatible with the Kenwood KDC-252U Stereo Receiver.
Front Fusion tires will need to be replaced sometime in the near future.

CAR IS SOLD AS-IS. THERE IS NO WARRANTY, AND NO RETURNS ARE ACCEPTED. NOT LOOKING FOR TRADES EITHER.

I’m selling the Trans Am because it is taking up space and I don’t get to drive it as much as I used to. I’ve put a lot of time and work into the car, and I’d prefer to see it driven more so that it can take full advantage of all of its upgrades. I’ve started a couple projects and bought parts for the car, but just haven’t had the time to install them. As I mentioned before, I’ve been completely honest and straightforward with my description of the car, down to every upgrade/detail/flaw, and the price reflects everything I’ve mentioned. So if you’re planning on lowballing me or making some ridiculous offer, don’t waste your time. I have no problem holding onto the car for as long as it takes to find the right buyer and future owner.

Photobucket Album of pictures, still taking a few of the exterior:

http://s2.photobucket.com/user/Falle...ary/Trans%20Am

Last edited by GStam66; 04-09-2016 at 02:31 PM.

Quick Reply: 2000 Pontiac Trans Am