Vehicles Wanted Looking for a specific vehicle? Post a WANTED thread here. DO NOT post them anywhere else!

WTB ls1 fbod

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 08:54 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default WTB ls1 fbod

Might be selling the car Monday, so id like to see whats out there in the market. LS1s only, but dont care if its a Z28, SS, or any firebird variant.

preferences:

price: depends, really on a car to car basis, but lets just say under 11.
tranny-m6
color-dont really care, but prefer NBM over anything.
mods-dont care, but please list
mileage- under 100k (really like to get under 90k since thats where the loan cutoff was on my current car, otherwise i gotta work with them)
>dont want a car with any work needed, unless it is VERY minor.

**also, id like it to be a 99+, again simply because of loan issues, but a 98 isnt out of the question (although the computer thing sucks)

i think i got it all, but i might have forgot something.

lets see what ya got
Old 04-28-2010, 09:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicle-c...ula-5-7-a.html
Old 05-04-2010, 10:11 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicle-c...w-12-bolt.html
Old 05-04-2010, 07:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I have a '99 Z28 M6 that I'd part with. It is pewter in color with gray cloth interior.

Mileage: 81,000 (just under)
Mods: (all mods were done to upgrade failing factory parts)
- LS7 clutch / LS2 flywheel (probably about 15K miles on them)
- ATE rotors / Hawk pads on all four corners (roughly 5K miles on them)
- halo headlights (factory headlights had the fogging, and I didn't want to mess with it)
- SLP shift **** and short stick from Speed, Inc. (factory shifter and **** will come with the car)
- SLP strut tower brace
- Fast Toys ram air / lid / K&N filter
- new tires back in November (less than 3K on them)

Known Flaws:
- cruise control - hasn't worked since the clutch was changed, but I believe it is just a switch/button on the clutch pedal that needs adjusted (I'm lazy - haven't tried to fix this as my commute is short, and I don't drive the car that much)
- speakers - I think 2 or 3 are blown (crappy factory Monsoon system); replacements are around $2-300, I just haven't cared enough about hearing music when I drive it to fix them; the CD player and radio work fine and have no worn buttons
- paint - there are a couple rock chips on the front of the car that have been enlarged due to weather and me not getting them fixed; probably a couple hundred dollar repair, and I intend to have this problem fixed soon (closing on a house, my priorities are elsewhere...)

I'm looking to get $8,500 out of it. I also have a set of new American Racing headers, ORY, a Magnaflow catback, LS6 intake, new plugs, wires, and a coil pack relocation kit that would go with the car, but the price would bump up to $10K (I was too lazy to install). Reason for selling would be that I have 2 F-bodies, and this one is worth the most on the market (a highly modded '94 Z28 wouldn't sell for ****). Let me know if you're interested.