Vehicles Wanted Looking for a specific vehicle? Post a WANTED thread here. DO NOT post them anywhere else!

WTB Any 95-02 LT1 / LS1 m6 t-top Fbody

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 11:52 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB Any 95-02 LT1 / LS1 m6 t-top Fbody

Okay so heres the deal, I'm a bit picky but pretty open.

To start, I WOULD consider a very clean/low mile auto but I'm primarily looking for a 6speed.

If its an LT1, it almost has to be a Trans Am. I can't stand the formula/firebird bumpers on them. Not a big fan of the lt1 z28's either but would consider a clean/low mile M6 t-top one.

My ideal LT1 would be a 96/97 Trans Am WS6 M6 t-top.

With that said I really would like an LS1.
Any 98-02 is fine.
I want a 6speed, T-Top fbody. Preferring under 120k.

No built cars please! Looking mostly for a stock one. Minor mods like intake/exhaust are okay.

Needs to be essentially problem free. No oil leaks / oil burning / internal noise / project cars / trans issues / etc. Something like needing plugs&wires / sensor for this or that / or brakes - is no big deal.

I'm not expecting a perfect car for my price, but I see f-bodies for this price all the time. I sold my bone stock except exhaust z28 that was clean as hell for only 5200 last october and had no issues.

The maximum I have is going to be $7000, not 7100, not 7200 .. $7000 is the MAX.

I also live in Burlington, IA. I'm willing to drive up to about 4 hours away.
If you're further, then I'll definitely want a lot of info/pictures - and if I decide I'm interested and want to make a trip I'd do so by train but I'd need money for the ticket. So for example if you're wanting 7k for your car and my train ticket is $200, then be prepared to sell for $6800. The little extra money I have needs to be used for registration/title/insurance/other expenses.

Now, just because I have $7000 to spend, don't link me a 95 lt1 with 150k on it that needs this and that and say you'd be willing to let go for $6500. Same with LS1's. I know what these cars are worth, and I'm in no hurry right now so I'm not looking to rush myself.

I'm going on a 2 month trip this summer that will be 80% driving, around 4k miles of driving - and I want to do it in an fbody - this is why I must find a good running reliable car. And I want t-tops for obvious reasons.

As i said, prefer all stock - basic mods are okay.

PM me or post here if you have something.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:33 AM
Staging Lane

where are you located?
Old 03-16-2011, 12:32 PM
Teching In

sorry i forgot to put that.

I'm in Burlington, IA