Vehicles Wanted Looking for a specific vehicle? Post a WANTED thread here. DO NOT post them anywhere else!

Looking for a Wrecked 98-02 F Body with LS1/T56

Old 10-22-2011, 04:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a Wrecked 98-02 F Body with LS1/T56

I have an 87 camaro that I want to swap the LS1/T56 combo in. Also looking for many other parts from a car to do the swap such as the rearend and the gas tank so a wrecked car would be perfect. If anyone knows where I can find one or has one for sale please let me know. I live in Northern Middle Tennessee so anything within a reasonable distance would be nice. Willing to have it shipped though if the price is right.
Old 10-22-2011, 04:47 PM
Launching!

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

You, and every other hot-rodder, is looking for the same thing. I gave up my search for a complete donor car and bought a 2002 takeout for my 1984 Camaro. It's not going to be as cheap, but I'm not a salvage dealer and those wrecked f-bodies are starting to command a good price. Last one I was watching was a 2000 formula M6, wrecked, sold for 4200. Good luck.
Old 10-22-2011, 05:15 PM
Teching In

Considering the ridiculous prices I'm seeing for pullouts on ebay it would cost more money to buy the parts to make the swap than to buy a decent running fbody with the engine and transmission already in it. I'd really rather build the car I have though and I'd never want to gut a perfectly good car. Surely a totaled car is not worth what a running car is.
Old 10-22-2011, 06:21 PM
Launching!

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Ebay is probably the worst place to look for pullouts. I paid $3500 for mine, from a craigslist listing. Use craigzoom, check the local hot rod/performance community, and try to find a dealer willing to work with you buying a wreck.

I've been down this same road man, I was even about to buy a running, driving high mile LS1 car just to part out for my needs. Sad its come to the point the engine/trans, etc are worth more than the total car.
Old 10-22-2011, 07:45 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the site. I've got a friend that goes to auctions and has a dealer license, so maybe something will happen there. Seems like this site is a great resource too so I'm hoping I'm able to find something on here.
Old 10-24-2011, 09:10 AM
Teching In

guys i have an ls1 98 transam 1/84 bpm that overheats and i just want 3,999 for it just because it overheats!!! i can get you a pair of heads for 125 or z06 for 300 locally just in case its the heads which is the worst thing that could happen, anyways i have 3 people interested and the price may go up if i fix the car to 5,999 stock and 8,999 fully loaded search for bright purple metallic transam on youtube to see a video, help to make buisness with you , i also acceot trades, gold laptops, big rims etc. or 2,999 as a roller, u must take engine and trans out
Old 10-25-2011, 10:51 PM
Teching In

I have a black 2001 Trans Am ws6 that was crashed. Damage was in the rear of the car so the condition of the rear end is questionable. I am looking to sell it if you want but it will be a high price. Also its a 4l60e. I'll probably sell it for around 7000 or so. Possibly cheaper. Or if youre just looking for an LS1 then you can buy my motor for 5000. Motor specs are as follows(I just copied this from another listing of mine)

"FOR SALE: Fully built 2001 LS1 only 2500 miles since rebuild, fully broken in, cammed, forged internals and 243 heads.

Scat I Beam Connecting Rods, Mahle Forged Piston Kit, Clevite Bearing Kit(Rods/Mains/Cam), TSP Torquer v2 Cam kit on 112 LSA, 243 heads(resurfaced), LS7 Lifters, ARP Head Bolts, LS7 timing chain, new oil pump, Brand new pcm, new idle air valve, new MAF. All internals are aftermaket except crankshaft. All work professionally done by Andy at Redline Performance in Crystal City. Motor should be pushing around 410-420 at the wheel. Never got it dynoed. Possibly can get you a free dyno done at Redline since he owes me one. Asking 5000 for motor as a whole. Oil pan to intake.

Asking 5000 OBO. Also for sale is black ws6 hood, yank ss36000 and really any part of the Trans Am you want."
Old 10-27-2011, 10:05 AM
Teching In

What are you thinking of spending for a wrecked car?
Old 10-28-2011, 10:50 AM
Teching In

I have a 2002 Trans Am 6-speed, w/ T-Tops, that I am trying to figure out what to do with. It is a Firehawk that was stolen and recovered three years ago. Interior and wheels were gone, but no body damage. Insurance company gave it a salvage title. Now has black leather interior and polished 16" wheels form a Camaro, I think. This month car was hit a swiping blow across front end while sitting at a stop sign. Front frame horns are bent a little, bumper, both fenders, headlight doors. Hood only damaged on edges. Did not hurt radiator or loose any coolant, air bags still good, even runs and drives straight. Drove car home. Car was originally black, repainted blue sometime in it's life, and Firehawk emblems removed. Shows 27,000 miles. Could easily be fixed, but already has a salvage title. What do you think?
Old 10-30-2011, 07:19 PM
Teching In

I have a 98 trans am that i am going to be pulling the ls1 and T-56 from along with the wiring and comp front seats and and console for me 72 split bumper camaro. This car was slid into a pole on the pass side quarter panel but still goes down the road. I will be parting it out or selling it as a roller

Search this Thread