Vehicles Wanted Looking for a specific vehicle? Post a WANTED thread here. DO NOT post them anywhere else!

98-02 ws6

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2015, 11:56 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98-02 ws6

Looking for a WS6

Must be
6 speed
located within 6 hours of Detroit (I frequent Chicago so if you live off I94 I could swing by on my way and look at your car.)

Must not be
Convertible
White, Yellow
Tan interior

I am looking for basically one of 2 types of cars. A low mileage high priced modified WS6 where its in great condition and the top of my budget and im done with it.

Or a high mileage low price near stock WS6 so i can modify it and make it like I want it if I choose to

post here or PM and leave contact info (phone or E mail)

As for my budget it will constantly be changing due to me getting my first big boy job recently and deciding when I want to move to a new place or stay put.
Old 08-24-2015, 05:29 PM

Default I have a 6 speed WS6

I have a 6 speed black trans am ws6 T-top with 104,000 miles that I actually bought a couple of years ago from a guy on these forums! I am located in Helena Montana but if you paid for the gas and a little for my time I would drive it to you. The car has a bunch of mods done by the previous owner that I am not familiar with. Here is what I know:

The car has completely redone suspension. The car is lowered to be about as low as possible and it is the best handling car I've ever driven but it rides like a church on wooden wheels. Seriously stiff suspension.

I has had the rear end re-done and some transmission work. I have some receipts from the transmission work that list some parts etc I don't understand. Happy to provide you with pics of what I got.

The car also has huge aftermarket cams.

The black leather interior is in good shape. No tears in the seats or anything. It has the door crack in the plastic on the passenger side but not the driver side and there is a small crack in the plastic of the dash that is barely noticeable. The leather on the steering wheel is pretty worn. It has the WS6 pistol grip shifter.

The previous owner told me the car dino'd at about 390 wheel hp but the dino sheets he sent me read more like 360 so I'm not so sure about that.

I drive the car as a daily but it is not the best for that. It gets maybe 14mpg in town, it is so low that you can't go into most parking lots or over most speed bumps, and the ride is rough.

The front bumper has a crack from hooking it on a curb when parking and there is some paint damage on the front bumper from that too. There are a few scratches in the paint on the rest of the car but other than that the body is in great shape.

The car has a small exhaust leak I haven't got around to fixing. The tires on the car are garbage. Other than that the car runs great and I've never had any problems with her.

I am working on getting pics but my sd card reader isn't working so I will need to retake them on my phone. I will post picks tomorrow.

The 2000 ws6 with those miles blue booked for 6100 - 6700 in fair to good condition. I am asking 6000 even because I need to sell asap. With the mods the car is worth at least that.
Old 08-24-2015, 07:26 PM
Teching In

please show pics and then we can go from there. Also if you have the transmission records along with the rear end specs like what gears you have in the car it will help
Old 09-03-2015, 08:42 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

please see my link

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/5203831707.html

Quick Reply: 98-02 ws6