Vehicles Wanted Looking for a specific vehicle? Post a WANTED thread here. DO NOT post them anywhere else!

WTB: SOM WS6 or Black Firehawk

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2015, 11:17 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default WTB: SOM WS6 or Black Firehawk

M6 ONLY. Must be under 70k miles and in great exterior and interior condition (no cracks, no tears, no bubbling paint). Mods are OK, but I'm not looking for a built car. I want to build this myself for me. I can travel anywhere in the country so not worried about where the car is located. PM me with what ya got!

KB
Old 09-21-2015, 09:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 ta with t tops

Hey, I have a black 02 with 6 speed and t tops, mileage is 78k. It's car #5 at my house right now, planning to sell but haven't got serious about it. I bought it new and have driven sporadically for the past few yrs. Iwas planning to make it a WS6 clone and have everything except the hood. I have WS6 wheels, exhaust, upper and lower intake, badge, pulleys.

Not exactly what you were looking for but close enough I figured worth reaching out. Please pm me if you would like more info. Thanks!
Old 10-01-2015, 10:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by PurdueGOAT
M6 ONLY. Must be under 70k miles and in great exterior and interior condition (no cracks, no tears, no bubbling paint). Mods are OK, but I'm not looking for a built car. I want to build this myself for me. I can travel anywhere in the country so not worried about where the car is located. PM me with what ya got!

KB
That's a tall order since the majority of WS6/FH's will probably show door panel cracks after about 20K miles...and those seem to be standard in the 40K to 70K range. Bubbling roof paint can be avoided by buying a pre-April 1998 built car....or cars in later years that never sat in the sun. That eliminates SOM (2001-2002) as a color....and essentially all LS-1 Firehawks since they didn't begin those until 1999 model year. Your best bet to avoid cracks, paint bubbles, and tears will be a very low mileage car. And if you go that route, the low mileage premium will tend to be significantly reduced with anything but simple bolt-on mods.

With luck, you might find something where both the door panel cracks and roof paint issues were addressed.

Last edited by Firebrian; 10-01-2015 at 04:14 PM.

Quick Reply: WTB: SOM WS6 or Black Firehawk