Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

CMS. another great experience from the greatest shop in Southern california.

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2008, 09:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default CMS. another great experience from the greatest shop in Southern california.

OK. Took the bucket of problems that is my firehawk to CMS yesterday. For those that do not know, this car had a bunch of stuff installed by a shady installer, and everything has been going on it. well, last time the dry hit on the car ran very lean so i got A wet kit conversion done while i was up there before throwing her on the dyno. After the kit was on we took a lunch break, Which was awesome to get out and hang with ryne, mike, CJ, Travis, and alex.

After lunch we got back and strapped the car down to the dyno. Got an NA run in and got ready to spray it. With everything in place, we got into 4th and let her rip. The N20 hit great and looked to be working as far as A/F and the curve. Torque hit 700. However, the car started smoking profusely. and we shut it down. Immediately ryne called a blown gasket. By this time i was completely bummed. I was to the point of actually calling AAA because i knew i had not had enough to fix a head gasket.

About 15 minutes later after getting her off the dyno, we went into the shop. As we went in i prepared for the worst. I was an hour from home and had no idea Exactly what was up with the car. Then, CJ and Ryne went to the other room and talked for a bit. When Ryne came back he told me the best thing ive ever heard in my life. He said CJ volunteered and he would let us stay and work on the car after work hours. I was so grateful i nearly shat myself. He gave me a great Deal on everything (much better than you could find anywhere, guranteed).

Fast forward a few hours. Its now nearly midnight! and Cj is there working his *** off, with me helping as best i could. we got the motor apart, heads off, and everything out. CJ and i both could not believe what we saw. It was called Earlier by CJ and Ryne, but we had confirmed it. The jackass who installed the heads put ******* Graphite Gaskets in. Why in the world you would use them for any motor, much less one on the bottle is beyond me. CJ, was awesome through the whole process, and i want to give him a HUGE shoutout for everything he has done for me. While everything was out he made sure to check everything and redo what needed it. We even did FRA mod and a couple other random things while we were in there. That guy is a perfectionist and an awesome friend. i cant Express with words how much CJ, and this shop have helped me out.

Now, It is around 345AM, and we are still going at it. Getting everything buttoned up. In the process we found a bad vaccuum line that was making the car idle like hell. Cj replaced that as well. after that we changed the oil and coolant and fired her up. Ran Great, smoked a little from the engine bay as expected. Idle was steady as a rock now, and the whole thing ran better than before the gasket blew. Now we were super happy. It was near 4 and the car was ready to go. Then as i backed up it completely shut off. Now we were scratching our heads. After another hour or so of swapping relays and chasing lines we called it a day. I believe the fuel pump may have **** as it is not coming on at all. We cleaned up and my wife arrived around 445 or so. the hawk stayed for further work by CMS

Now, this story is not meant to nutswing, Or be on CMS ***** or anything. But to inform everyone that this shop is indeed an Awesome shop, and they will net hesitate to help someone in need. CJ, Ryne, and Mike know thier ****, and when you get something done there they do it right with no hesitation. They are awesome people and they have me as a customer for life. I cannot express in words how much I appreciate everything they did yesterday. and hopefully some of you will stop in there for some work soon.

So Thank you a ton Ryne, Mike, and Especially CJ for all the help and all that i have learned recently. I really appreciate everything.

Last edited by SPLATT; 11-28-2008 at 03:32 AM.
Old 11-27-2008, 10:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Doesnt surprise me...Ryne,Mike and CJ are great guys who know how to treat people and run an awesome shop.
Old 11-27-2008, 10:44 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good ****.
Old 11-27-2008, 10:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn 4 in the morning that's down
Old 11-27-2008, 10:54 PM
11 Second Club

they have gone above and beyond for me twice. once when they did my stall they couldnt get the vss to work so they had to stay a couple hours after closing to finally get it to work and the second time my tailshaft broke on the dyno ryne drove my wife home from lake elsinore to oceanside and had the part installed the very next day. those guys are awesome and they are the only place i will ever take my car too
Old 11-28-2008, 01:48 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

damn 4am !! i didnt know it was going to be that late...... but the person you really need to thank is CJ , it is nice having such a good pair of tech's working for me.
Old 11-28-2008, 01:57 AM
TECH Addict

That's an awesome story! The CMS guys are some cool cats! They've even helped me out before!!

Thanks CMS!
Old 11-28-2008, 03:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

yea i couldnt thank CJ enough. He is awesome. That guy is something else. And he knows LS motors like the back of his hand. Truly an honest, good guy. and a great friend. I will be calling you next week as well ryne about the pump.well i think its a pump haha
Old 11-28-2008, 04:16 AM
9 Second Club

CJ loves to help someone out no one better for it that guy has come along way in the last 3 years
good wrok guys very cool of them
Old 11-28-2008, 11:17 AM
Banned Village Idiot

CMS is a great shop!!! good job guys, once again
Old 11-28-2008, 11:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Did you at least buy the guy breakfast?
Old 11-28-2008, 12:00 PM
On The Tree

those guys at CMS know how to treat a customer...clyde ur tooooo much man !!!!!!

u cant call reporting incredibly GREAT service "nut swinging" imo....
Old 11-28-2008, 12:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by nevrlift13
those guys at CMS know how to treat a customer...clyde ur tooooo much man !!!!!!

u cant call reporting incredibly GREAT service "nut swinging" imo....
+1 I have never seen any other shop go through the extremes to help and service their customers. Good Job guys! Especially....YOU Clyde!
Old 11-28-2008, 01:05 PM
11 Second Club

thats great to hear, sorry you couldnt get it running after all, but at least you know your headed down the right track, cj, thats crazy bro, i still owe you lunch at peonis, i will be heading up their soon.
Old 11-28-2008, 02:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yea well i wouldnt call it breakfast exactly but i did get us about 60 bucks worth of pizza around 1AM lol. And i agree with everyone here. Clude is just an outstanding tech. And even though we didnt get it to stay running, I was more than exstatic about how it turned out. We fixed all the little stuff. i know once its all finished it will run like A scalded dog.
Old 11-28-2008, 02:31 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
Did you at least buy the guy breakfast?
Ha ha, Your funny Bry. He did get some really good pizza though.

Originally Posted by SPLATT
Not a Prob. I know how it is to be in a rock and a hard spot. I have had a lot of crazy stuff happen to me also. If it wasnt for friends to help me out, I dont know where I would be. I was so tired I fell asleep in my garage with my safety belt still on. I woke up an hour later because I had a kink in my neck. Slept most of Thur. I woke up at 2pm and left to my moms house in Sonora, CA. I got here at 10pm and slept.

Originally Posted by Ryne @ CMS
damn 4am !! i didnt know it was going to be that late...... but the person you really need to thank is CJ , it is nice having such a good pair of tech's working for me.

Ryne, I got the MSD switch hooked up with the stand alone, the spray works. Had no rain at all the whole way home on the hoosiers. lol
Old 11-28-2008, 03:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by haighter

Not a Prob. I know how it is to be in a rock and a hard spot. I have had a lot of crazy stuff happen to me also. If it wasnt for friends to help me out, I dont know where I would be. I was so tired I fell asleep in my garage with my safety belt still on. I woke up an hour later because I had a kink in my neck. Slept most of Thur. I woke up at 2pm and left to my moms house in Sonora, CA. I got here at 10pm and slept.

Damn dude. I really didnt mean to keep you up so late haha. we had fun though man and i appreciate it a TON. im gonna be sending you something good here pretty soon. Hope you had a good Turkey day. Did you brother in law **** himself? lol
Old 11-28-2008, 03:36 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by tomz28
CJ loves to help someone out no one better for it that guy has come along way in the last 3 years
good wrok guys very cool of them
i was going to borrow a stock torque arm from CMS just to get the car up and running and wanted to drive out there today to pick it up but found out the shop was going to be closed. CJ offered to take it home with him and have me pick it up from his house on his day off. very cool guy indeed
Old 11-29-2008, 02:08 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by dyls1
i was going to borrow a stock torque arm from CMS just to get the car up and running and wanted to drive out there today to pick it up but found out the shop was going to be closed. CJ offered to take it home with him and have me pick it up from his house on his day off. very cool guy indeed
It will be there on Monday with your name on it if you would like to pick it up then.

Originally Posted by SPLATT
Damn dude. I really didnt mean to keep you up so late haha. we had fun though man and i appreciate it a TON. im gonna be sending you something good here pretty soon. Hope you had a good Turkey day. Did you brother in law **** himself? lol

He said it had "an *** load of power!" We went to go see some movies last night and this gas station in BFE had 100 oct. for $5 a gallon. It is about 2.05 for 91 here in nor cal.
Old 11-29-2008, 07:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

awesome. sounds like you had fun man.

Quick Reply: CMS. another great experience from the greatest shop in Southern california.