Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Adam and Nebills wild adventure

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 01:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Adam and Nebills wild adventure

Ok so Night starts off ok last night, then Nebill (Nalmak) calles me and says his car is broken down. He just got a tune from CMS so I was like well shoot lets see whats up there, couldn't get ahold of anyone. So I have him check all his connections cause it was sounding like air/fuel was messed up. The car would not idle and would choke out...

Around 7:45 I talk with him, he checks the maf, intake, and everything, finally notices that the plug that the guy at autozone (aka retard city) sells him for his EGR on the intake manifold is now missing. Ok vaccuum leak. But where did the plug go???

Now the fun begins I drive out to riverside from Monrovia (right near Irwindale race track) get there at 9:45 ish. We start on operation removal LS1 intake manifold... Ok things seem to be ok get all the bolts pretty much un done, thennn dun dun dunnnnnn. The bitch comes out, that bastard back bolt on the passenger side under the "trans lock" aka bitch piece of *** in my way tranny dipstick tube... No cresent or gear wrenches that fit it, so I proceed to stick this **** in the *** by using some vice grips... get the bolt off. get all the bolts for the fuel rail off.. try to figure out how to get the fuel rail off. She doesn't budge so we decide to put the fuel rail off to the side.

Now we take another smoke break sit there and complain about being tall, both of us are over 6'0 and his car is lowered sooo we might as well have dropped the soap. We continue on now at this point we are disconnecting everything from the back of the Intake, including trying to disconnect a nice rubber hose... Now you think back in the instructions it says to remove the brake booster... Now this hose we are pulling on I say hey it goes back here..... then kick myself in the face cause it is the vaccuum hose for the brake booster.. Idiot... We then get the intake manifold out I find this little piece of Jabronne, that autozone reject sold, stuck in one of the intake ports in the manifold... all good now it is like 2 am I am tired and have to be to work at 8 am we get the intake manifold back on, tighten all bolts except that bastard child under the damn trans dipstick tube. Then we realize there is a plug coming from behind the intake manifold that we have no idea where it goes.. we end our progression there cause I am too tired to think and have a 45 min drive home... I get home clean up sorta and pass out..

That was our adventure/short novel.. First timers getting at an LS1 intake with minimal tools. at least I didn't cut myself.
Old 02-18-2009, 01:55 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1Adam84
at least I didn't cut myself.

lol every time i work on a car i find a way to somehow cut myself lol don't know how it happens and i usually don't notice till i stain my shirt with blood lol
Old 02-18-2009, 02:13 PM
TECH Regular

Wayne's World, Party On!! Excellent!!!!
Old 02-18-2009, 02:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^^

Same here man same here, I usually where my mechanix gloves but hell what fun is it if you don't get a little dirty.
Old 02-18-2009, 03:36 PM
TECH Regular

Ok so Night starts off ok last night, then Nebill (Nalmak) calles me and says his car is broken down. He just got a tune from CMS so I was like well shoot lets see whats up there, couldn't get ahold of anyone. So I have him check all his connections cause it was sounding like air/fuel was messed up. The car would not idle and would choke out...

Around 7:45 I talk with him, he checks the maf, intake, and everything, finally notices that the plug that the guy at autozone (aka retard city) sells him for his EGR on the intake manifold is now missing. Ok vaccuum leak. But where did the plug go???

Now the fun begins I drive out to riverside from Monrovia (right near Irwindale race track) get there at 9:45 ish. We start on operation removal LS1 intake manifold... Ok things seem to be ok get all the bolts pretty much un done, thennn dun dun dunnnnnn. The bitch comes out, that bastard back bolt on the passenger side under the "trans lock" aka bitch piece of *** in my way tranny dipstick tube... No cresent or gear wrenches that fit it, so I proceed to stick this **** in the *** by using some vice grips... get the bolt off. get all the bolts for the fuel rail off.. try to figure out how to get the fuel rail off. She doesn't budge so we decide to put the fuel rail off to the side.

Now we take another smoke break sit there and complain about being tall, both of us are over 6'0 and his car is lowered sooo we might as well have dropped the soap. We continue on now at this point we are disconnecting everything from the back of the Intake, including trying to disconnect a nice rubber hose... Now you think back in the instructions it says to remove the brake booster... Now this hose we are pulling on I say hey it goes back here..... then kick myself in the face cause it is the vaccuum hose for the brake booster.. Idiot... We then get the intake manifold out I find this little piece of Jabronne, that autozone reject sold, stuck in one of the intake ports in the manifold... all good now it is like 2 am I am tired and have to be to work at 8 am we get the intake manifold back on, tighten all bolts except that bastard child under the damn trans dipstick tube. Then we realize there is a plug coming from behind the intake manifold that we have no idea where it goes.. we end our progression there cause I am too tired to think and have a 45 min drive home... I get home clean up sorta and pass out..

That was our adventure/short novel.. First timers getting at an LS1 intake with minimal tools. at least I didn't cut myself.
Lol..That some funny ****....

As for that plug that we couldn't figure out, it was for the Knock Sensor's...

I got everything back on, (Lord Jesus please make my car work), the battery is charging now..

I bought that 8mm Gear wrench from Kragen, (the hell with autozone), man Adam, it was a breeze!!!

My PCV is toast i just connected what was left of it..

And now i gotta study for my mid-term that starts at 4pm

Fun Times...
Old 02-18-2009, 03:46 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i didnt tune a car yesterday, i just turned off the emissions on one car yesterday
Old 02-18-2009, 04:01 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If you never swapped an intake the back bolts, brake booster, and some other plug back there that I cant remember the name of are a real bitch to do.
Old 02-18-2009, 04:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ohh it was the knock sensor.. dude leave that **** unplugged and hope for no rod knock, then your timing won't be retarded for stupid knocks... lol bad idea don't do it...

Yeah see an 8mm wrench is good..

Ryne it's all good man tuning is involved when turning off stuff, it is retuning the computer for anything other than stock settings... Nothing was wrong with what you did.. I don't quite understand the reason for the post...

Ohh well at least its all good now, get that bish started man. Yeah I was pretty much flyin blind, Nebill over here knew what we were lookin at I was guessing.. I did an ok job I love me my haynes. Now I know when I go for a LS6 intake 8mm gear wrench is a must.

Fun times I am sorry for havin to leave man I was freakin draggin *** earlier got me a huge *** monster assault and now I am good.
Old 02-18-2009, 04:28 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Ryne @ CMS
i didnt tune a car yesterday, i just turned off the emissions on one car yesterday
True Ryan..You did nothing wrong...Thanks for everything..Much Appreciated...We need to set -up a date for the rear-end..

The car felt better just re-programing the gears..

Ill call when i have the dinero..
Old 02-18-2009, 04:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nalmak
True Ryne..You did nothing wrong...Thanks for everything..Much Appreciated...We need to set -up a date for the rear-end..

The car felt better just re-programing the gears..

Ill call when i have the dEnero..
There ya go man typo's fixed..... LOL even though I have a **** ton of them hehehehe.
Old 02-18-2009, 04:30 PM
TECH Regular

Ohh it was the knock sensor.. dude leave that **** unplugged and hope for no rod knock, then your timing won't be retarded for stupid knocks... lol bad idea don't do it...

Yeah see an 8mm wrench is good..

Ryne it's all good man tuning is involved when turning off stuff, it is retuning the computer for anything other than stock settings... Nothing was wrong with what you did.. I don't quite understand the reason for the post...

Ohh well at least its all good now, get that bish started man. Yeah I was pretty much flyin blind, Nebill over here knew what we were lookin at I was guessing.. I did an ok job I love me my haynes. Now I know when I go for a LS6 intake 8mm gear wrench is a must.

Fun times I am sorry for havin to leave man I was freakin draggin *** earlier got me a huge *** monster assault and now I am good.
I didnt start it yet..But i will..soon..

NOTE TO EVERYONE..GET A 8MM GEAR WRENCH...MAKE YOUR LIFE EASY
Old 02-18-2009, 04:33 PM
TECH Addict

no "big thanks to cms" thread?
Old 02-18-2009, 04:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nalmak
I didnt start it yet..But i will..soon..

NOTE TO EVERYONE..GET A 8MM GEAR WRENCH...MAKE YOUR LIFE EASY
Yeah that back bolt passenger side can suck my nut... otherwise it was fun... hahaha actually not too bad... ohhh and the back four bolts make sure if anyone decides to do this Put the back four bolts in the holes before mounting the manifold on the engine.
Old 02-18-2009, 04:37 PM
TECH Addict

Put the back four bolts in the holes before mounting the manifold on the engine.
that's what she said?
Old 02-18-2009, 04:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hlaalu
no "big thanks to cms" thread?
They didn't really do that much, once Nebill gets his rear end done I am sure that will be coming.

Ryne said it himself. No Nebill was saying his car runs better with it tuned for the gears and the egr/air deleted.
Old 02-18-2009, 04:42 PM
TECH Addict

They didn't really do that much, once Nebill gets his rear end done I am sure that will be coming.

Ryne said it himself. No Nebill was saying his car runs better with it tuned for the gears and the egr/air deleted.
they should have their own sub-section in the forum glad there are still reliable shops out there... the one time i tried to spoil myself by having a shop do work for me i got screwed over big time (never take your car to west coast audio off oso and cabot )
Old 02-18-2009, 04:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Haha, nice...
Old 02-18-2009, 04:47 PM
TECH Regular

Ok..Well i Started it..

It fired up..Idled pretty poor, im guessing because my PCV Hoses are all shot but it Stayed..BUT..............................

Oil Pressure gauge is reading 0.....WTF...I didnt break any of the plugs or anything at all..I bolted everything back the way it was..

Any ideas??
Old 02-18-2009, 04:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hlaalu
they should have their own sub-section in the forum glad there are still reliable shops out there... the one time i tried to spoil myself by having a shop do work for me i got screwed over big time (never take your car to west coast audio off oso and cabot )
This is why, nothing against ryne or any other shop owners, I will never take my car to a shop, God gave me two hands the ability to tear things apart and put them back together and the ability to read (yes I can read I am not full hil billy hahahaha). I say if you bring something to a shop you are ultimately to blame if something goes wrong, it is like taking your wife to get fucked by another man, she may never be the same again when you coulda just done her up yourself and if she got messed up you were the one that did it. Either way you are at fault you took your car to the shop trusting someone else, when you could have done it yourself. If you can't do it, don't or don't bitch if something goes wrong... It is your fault.. See I could never own a shop I would be like **** if you think you could do better heres a wrench there's a lift fix it, then see if I am at fault cause you can't do ****.

The end Amen and picachu
Old 02-18-2009, 04:49 PM
On The Tree

Make sure the oil preassure sending unit is still connected.

Quick Reply: Adam and Nebills wild adventure