Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

A New 1/4 track in Socal....

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 07:54 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up A New 1/4 track in Socal....

It could happen but you need to speak your mind.

I got this recent update from "Moldy" and he has not given up in fact it looks like he is making progress and I agree with him completely. It takes his kind of attitude.

So read up below, tell everyone you know and help out.

Ladies and Gentlemen of the Drag Racing Community,
Jeffrey W. Hillinger A.K.A. Moldy Marvin here.
http://www.SaveLACR.org

I know that it has been a long time since most of you have heard from me. Well, I don't go away and I don't give up!
In the past two years I have brought 3 different properties for consideration to both the City of Palmdale, the City of Lancaster and the county of Los Angeles.

Just recently we got real close to negotiating something with Fox Field. We had the City of Lancaster's Blessing along with the County of Los Angeles and the management with Fox Field, that is, until the FAA got in the way and shot it down.

During the past two years now, I have put together an executive summery, I now have a bonified developer, I have sanctioning from I.H.R.A., I have the staff to run the facility and I sill have potential investors who are willing to put their money into something tangible even though our economy is suffering at this time.

But what I don't have or should I say, what "We" still don't have is the LAND!

For several years now the City of Palmdale along with the County of Los Angeles have suggested looking at
the undeveloped acreage around Palmdale airport, but nothing really has come to the table as of yet.

With the recent failure of the Palmdale Air Port and the struggle between the City of Palmdale and Los Angeles World Airports, I would think, now is the time to consider all things possible and to seriously think of the economical features that a Drag Strip could provide for the community of Palmdale and the County of Los Angeles.

With over 17,750 acres at stake and the City of Palmdale losing ground for the economic development in that area,
I believe that now is the time to get the ball rolling!; However, the only way that we can accomplish this is to sound off and start rallying again, but... this time with the support from the City of Palmdale and the County with the City of Los Angeles and LAWA as our target!

In other words the next rally will most likely be on the footsteps of City Hall in the City of Los Angeles and if we are to succeed we are going to need to get a lot and I mean a lot of supporters to join us and this is going to take some planning!

My executive summery not only proposes a Drag Strip, but a full blown automotive complex to include 3 other automotive racing tracks, a camping facilities, park, a restaurant, auto sports museum, gift shop, mini mart, gas station, motel and amphitheater along with amusement rides, all of which can be added as funds and acreage becomes available.

What we need to do right away?

First of all there have been a few racers out there with the attitude that we will never accomplish anything.
I personally disagree, because it is a proven fact that "the more no's one gets, that one gets closer to a yes!" so it is all about attitude. If you have a negative attitude then please bow out!

For those of you that would still like to see a 1/4 mile bonified Drag Strip be put into place here in the Antelope Valley then there are a few things you can do right away!

Please write out local government! the most important ones to write to will be James C. Ledford Jr., Mayor and Norman Hinkling Deputy Fifth District LA County.

Keep it simple and courteous, tell them once again, why we need a drag strip.

There is a good possibility that us racers might be the answer that the City of Palmdale and the County are looking for in order to get the rights back to their land. In other words we need them and they need us!

Below there is a up dated e-mail list, please use it!

James C. Ledford Jr., Mayor
jledford@cityofpalmdale.org

Steven D. Hofbauer, Mayor Pro Tem
shofbauer@cityofpalmdale.org

Mike Dispenza, Councilmember
mdispenza@cityofpalmdale.org

Tom Lackey, Councilmember
TomLackey@cityofpalmdale.org

Steve Williams, City Manager
swilliams@cityofpalmdale.org

Norman Hinkling Deputy Fifth District LA County
nhickling@lacbos.org

P.S. The City of Palmdale has finely gotten their City Council meeting video archives up and running smoothly on the web. If you are interested in viewing the rally meeting that a lot of us attended back in June of 2007 click the link below.

Note: let the video down load a bit first... then forward the slider about 15% into the video for the segment on the race track.

http://palmdale.granicus.com/MediaPl...11&clip_id=380

Sincerely,

Jeffrey W. Hillinger (661) 944-2299
A.K.A. the Zealot, Moldy Marvin
http://www.SaveLACR.org

Old 03-17-2009, 01:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

bump!!!
Old 03-17-2009, 02:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

I spoke to Jeff today. things look exciting, and i might be able to lend a helping hand. My sister is a City Planner, so I am getting her in contact with Jeff to help with the zoning stuff and getting the permits and stuff.

I really hope this gets done.
Old 03-17-2009, 02:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am excited about this as well, I may actually take some of my spare time here and send a letter in, heck I could talk with my parents about some of their friends and see if they can help out, one freidn of theirs has family connections in sac-town.
Old 03-17-2009, 02:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

im excited also, one more track to kill adam in
Old 03-17-2009, 02:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Raptor_WS6
im excited also, one more track to kill adam in
LOL yeahh right gil ok man its on once she is back on the road.
Old 03-17-2009, 06:47 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

A 1/4 mile track would be great. Nice to see someone has the drive to try and make it happen. Anything I can do to help let me know
Old 03-17-2009, 06:52 PM
LS1Tech Editor

Because I know we're all lazy I copy/pasted them so WE can all throw them a quick e-mail!

nhickling@lacbos.org, swilliams@cityofpalmdale.org, TomLackey@cityofpalmdale.org, mdispenza@cityofpalmdale.org, shofbauer@cityofpalmdale.org, jledford@cityofpalmdale.org
Old 03-17-2009, 07:00 PM
LS1Tech Editor

And b/c we're all super lazy you can just use my quick note as a template! Come on people, lets get this thing rollin'!

nhickling@lacbos.org, swilliams@cityofpalmdale.org, TomLackey@cityofpalmdale.org, mdispenza@cityofpalmdale.org, shofbauer@cityofpalmdale.org, jledford@cityofpalmdale.org

To whom it may concern-

It has recently been brought to my attention that Southern California officials are considering the possibility of a drag strip in Antelope Valley. Coming in the wake of yet another round of street racing accidents as seen on the news I couldn't agree more—Southern California needs a safe alternative where citizens can race their cars in a safe and fun atmosphere. I am 100% behind the construction of such a facility and know that many, many more are with me.

Thanks for your time, if I may be of service please feel free to contact me.

Thanks
Old 03-19-2009, 03:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

awesome! it'd be so NICE to have a new awesome track around here.
Old 03-19-2009, 05:44 AM
Teching In

this is awesome! and definitely count me in the rally!
Old 03-20-2009, 12:55 AM
Staging Lane

Its awesome to have another 1/4 mile track available in SoCal, but does it have to be one at 3000' altitude?
Old 03-20-2009, 03:38 AM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm sure the racers in Palmdale won't mind the 3,000 ft altitude, since that's normal for them...
Old 03-20-2009, 09:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Well if we want one at a lower altitude we gotta go find one, cause it appears that no one in the LA area really wants one for some reason, only in palmdale, I think it is mainly due to amount of room they have out in BFE. besides Irwindale might go to a 1/4 mile.
Old 03-20-2009, 09:56 AM
FormerVendor

Space is really the problem. and even if there was somewhere in socal like one of the closed Air force bases then you run into the issue of noise, and the city would not approve such a project (look at Pomona, only open 15 days a year, for that exact reason)

Anything is better then nothing and some local competition would at least give us some options. As well a new track there would likely not suffer from the problems at LACR like the wind if done correctly.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Stroker396@APF
Space is really the problem. and even if there was somewhere in socal like one of the closed Air force bases then you run into the issue of noise, and the city would not approve such a project (look at Pomona, only open 15 days a year, for that exact reason)

Anything is better then nothing and some local competition would at least give us some options. As well a new track there would likely not suffer from the problems at LACR like the wind if done correctly.
But I heard from a honda guy once that wind is good cause it helps you achieve full take off after installing a pep boyse special aluminum wing on your trunk.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:40 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Palmdale would be ok just cant be scheduling events in the middle of the day. Things would have to be at evening/night
Old 03-20-2009, 02:29 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Stroker396@APF

El Toro is being rented out somewhat regularly for Autocross events.. Why not a Texas Mile sort of event? Then again I'm not the one pushing papers, I could throw out ideas all day.
Old 03-20-2009, 09:19 PM
TECH Addict

thanks for the template justin....mail sent to them!!
Old 03-21-2009, 12:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

stupid san diego we need one down here too. This is very interesting, and looks like it has something behind it as well!

Quick Reply: A New 1/4 track in Socal....