Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

power steering issues. help meee

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 09:20 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power steering issues. help meee

ok so after work i decide to fishtail around a few corners, dumb i know. but no1 at work has a car that can even burn out so every1 wanted to see it. mind u its really wet out. so i circle the building i come back to the front and stop. say my goodbye and then.............................................. .................................................. ...........NOTHING. my wheel wouldnt turn. so i popped the hood and to my suprise the belt is OFF. of everything. pulley alternator everything. and then the powersteering pulley moved forward a little? i dont know wtf happened. but we got the belt back on. still nothing. power steering is full of fluid. and even wen rolling its still REALLY hard to turn. my homeboy with a WS6 was telling me to try and bleed the power steering lines(think thats wat he said) because air had gottin into there? so my question is 1 how do i bleed the power steering lines and 2 wat else could it be & how do i fix it.

ANY help is appreciated . & if ur just gonna call me stupid or nething negative just dont post . not being rude that jus usually happens anytime i post about anything
Old 03-01-2009, 09:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You probably broke the shaft for the p/s. If the pulley was able to move forward then it most likely the p/s pump. Same **** happened to me. Cold night and just finished rainning. So i decided to bust a couple of donuts tail swung on me nasty and out of nowhere the steering felt hard. Drove the car for a couple of day and when I started taking off the pump the pulley attached to the shaft just sleed out.
Old 03-01-2009, 09:32 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lilpb1
You probably broke the shaft for the p/s. If the pulley was able to move forward then it most likely the p/s pump. Same **** happened to me. Cold night and just finished rainning. So i decided to bust a couple of donuts tail swung on me nasty and out of nowhere the steering felt hard. Drove the car for a couple of day and when I started taking off the pump the pulley attached to the shaft just sleed out.
greaaaat. just my ****** luck!. how much did it cost you to fix?
Old 03-02-2009, 12:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Had a customer from rebuilt it for free but they go for 60-100 bucks rebuilt.

Quick Reply: power steering issues. help meee