Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

anyone heard of orange county GM perfomance?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 01:32 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone heard of orange county GM perfomance?

if so has any one taken their car with them...what do they specialize in? I'm thinking about taking my z28 to them..
Old 03-06-2009, 02:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Danny is a real good guy, honest with his customers which is number one in my book. They specialize in ls1 stuff I believe, that's all I see when I'm in there. It would be a good choice to take your car there.
Old 03-06-2009, 02:59 AM
Staging Lane

Im gonna take a guess and say they specialize in GM's... bwahahahahahaha...ha
sorry.
Old 03-06-2009, 10:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

what city are they in. I know we cant post too much about them since they arent sponsors. I need to find someone to do my gears.
Old 03-06-2009, 11:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I have danny's card dave I will call you with the info later on today if thats cool. Danny is a real stand up guy I haven't had any work done, but i have met him and talked with him, he is very personable, has a cool personality and a bad *** car as well. He knows his stuff.
Old 03-06-2009, 11:19 AM
TECH Regular

they are forum sponsors
Old 03-06-2009, 04:01 PM

idk bro,
i ran into some guy from SGV at my job and he told me they really lag it with you car, he told me he took his black WS6 in to get head and cam swap and they still havent even touched his car, he told me they gave him some story about the machine shop taking 5 weeks to work on his heads, and the rods being on backorder, and thats why they've taken 6-7 weeks start working on the rebuild,....and ive also heard good things about CMS but it seems to be that all they do now is corvettes idk ive also heard strictly does some good work but im not sure if their shop is open yet.
Old 03-06-2009, 04:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Lou's Performance
In the San Fernando Valley
Old 03-06-2009, 04:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kaleen16
if so has any one taken their car with them...what do they specialize in? I'm thinking about taking my z28 to them..
https://ls1tech.com/forums/member.php?u=134827
Old 03-06-2009, 04:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kaleen16
When did you get a Z28 weren't you driving that mustang the night tpi trror and I raced?
Old 03-06-2009, 06:08 PM
11 Second Club

Received 50 Likes on 41 Posts

My boy is friends with Danny and has entertained the idea of driving down to his shop from the Bay Area. That's says a lot. He always has good things to say about Danny
Old 03-06-2009, 06:17 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by CaliBlueWS6
idk bro,
i ran into some guy from SGV at my job and he told me they really lag it with you car, he told me he took his black WS6 in to get head and cam swap and they still havent even touched his car, he told me they gave him some story about the machine shop taking 5 weeks to work on his heads, and the rods being on backorder, and thats why they've taken 6-7 weeks start working on the rebuild,....and ive also heard good things about CMS but it seems to be that all they do now is corvettes idk ive also heard strictly does some good work but im not sure if their shop is open yet.
im totally with u i think where talking about the same guy cause my buddy took his ws6 and they been lagging it on his car, do they called ur freind fluxie?
Old 03-06-2009, 06:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well to be honest quite a few places are on back order for rods and heads parts... machine shops too have stuff to do, it does happen, like I said I have talked with danny several times and doesn't have that personality about him to be a jack ***. If he is wondering why it is taking so long why not go down to the shop, and if you want something done right isn't it worth waiting for, or would it be better to rush and maybe have the machine shop throw it on a quick program and screw something up, and maybe even get incorrect rods that aren't on back order then you have an expensive paper weight in a couple weeks?

I am just saying the things you described happen in real life, I don't know if you have ever worked on a car, but I have and can say that I have waited 3 months for just a Tuner for my old car, never got it due to the company actually being shitty, pfyc.com. Also when doing my buddies 68 el camino in high school, we had to wait 4 weeks before getting his edelbrock heads, which were for a 327 c.i a popular engine, shoulda been in stock but hey they weren't, so it backed us up a month before we could get his car finished.

I am not being an ***, not meaning this as harmful, but wondering why it is a bad thing when a shop "lags" on things that if you rush could be something you don't want and then instead of a perfectly good car, you have a giant pile of metal horse poop.

Just some food for thought.
Old 03-06-2009, 07:53 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by CaliBlueWS6
idk bro,
Thanks for the input...wow six weeks is too long for me, i was considering them due to the fact that they are fairly close to me.
Old 03-06-2009, 07:54 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LS1Adam84
When did you get a Z28 weren't you driving that mustang the night tpi trror and I raced?
Well its my brothers..he got a nice little tax return...so he's trying to spoil his z.
Old 03-06-2009, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by white mongoose
im totally with u i think where talking about the same guy cause my buddy took his ws6 and they been lagging it on his car, do they called ur freind fluxie?
From what i remember his name was Eric P. i think, and i dont personally know him, he just happened to have a ws6 too, he bought something from where i work, all i know is that he wasnt too happy with the wait
Old 03-06-2009, 08:01 PM
TECH Resident

danny is a really great guy, anytime i have a chance to talk to him and i have questions regarding my ride he always has an answer seems to kno a lot about these lsx motors.. i would take my car there if i needed any serious work done.
Old 03-06-2009, 08:49 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well to be honest quite a few places are on back order for rods and heads parts... machine shops too have stuff to do, it does happen, like I said I have talked with danny several times and doesn't have that personality about him to be a jack ***. If he is wondering why it is taking so long why not go down to the shop, and if you want something done right isn't it worth waiting for, or would it be better to rush and maybe have the machine shop throw it on a quick program and screw something up, and maybe even get incorrect rods that aren't on back order then you have an expensive paper weight in a couple weeks?

I am just saying the things you described happen in real life, I don't know if you have ever worked on a car, but I have and can say that I have waited 3 months for just a Tuner for my old car, never got it due to the company actually being shitty, pfyc.com. Also when doing my buddies 68 el camino in high school, we had to wait 4 weeks before getting his edelbrock heads, which were for a 327 c.i a popular engine, shoulda been in stock but hey they weren't, so it backed us up a month before we could get his car finished.

I am not being an ***, not meaning this as harmful, but wondering why it is a bad thing when a shop "lags" on things that if you rush could be something you don't want and then instead of a perfectly good car, you have a giant pile of metal horse poop.

really rods and heads backed up? i ordered some manley h beams and i had the them the next day, and my cylinder head guy has fast turnarounds.....

p.s. to one of the posters i just dont work on vettes i work on all lsx platform vehicles
Old 03-06-2009, 09:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

hmm.. theres a lot of good shops out there.. good tuners out there.. my friend is getting some work done out there.. well see the outcome soon.

adam ive been tryin too run into that ss with that cowl he always revs me uplol

kaleen when ever you guys need some headers installed hit me up

ryne my brother has been trying to get in contact with you for a while

Last edited by TPI TERROR; 03-06-2009 at 09:36 PM.
Old 03-07-2009, 05:48 AM
Teching In

i agree....

p.s

danny does realy good work

Quick Reply: anyone heard of orange county GM perfomance?