Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

SoCal Guys, In here.

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 03:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SoCal Guys, In here.

Well, we all know the current economy sucks.. I get it, its being rubbed in my face everyday as I try to endlessly apply for different jobs here in Sacramento. Not much going on in this shitty city.

I do currently have a job, but it is pretty shitty, and commission. To be honest, I want salary/hourly again. I really only took the job because the engine machine shop I managed closed up a few months back.

I'm wondering if the job market in the hi-perf auto repair/sales is just as shitty down there as it is up here in norcal. I've been entertaining the idea of moving down south if I can find another good job down in the southern cal area. I really want to sip into the automotive industry again, and want to stay in California. I'm not 100% on the bay area, altho I have looked. Just not that much for automotive jobs up here....

Other questions include, well, wheres a good place to look for in living arrangements? I just left orange country, and quickly looked at some housing rentals/apartments, and they all seemed pretty reasonable. I guess another important factor is where I would be working, but still not sure yet either..

Just wondering if some fellow members can help me out. I'm getting desperate, and really miss working in the high performance automotive field.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:27 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Housing and reasonable should never be used in the same sentence if you are looking for a house in CA.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

From what I understand the rate of people out of work up there is a little higher up there than down here. I think anywhere you go its going to be tough. Orange county would be a little more expensive I would think. IMHO now is a bad time to leave one job unless you already have another one.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah, I understand that the market is tough. As for "reasonable" I agree... CA is just expensive, but SoCal is actually comparable when mixing prices with the nicer areas in sSacramento, where I currently live.

As for my current job, its a joke. I could almost take a job at costco and make more...

Quick Reply: SoCal Guys, In here.