Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Anyone Know how to fix my alarm?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 09:08 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone Know how to fix my alarm?

ever since i got my trans am everytime i de-activate/activate the alarm the headlights open and close... i dont have a problem with that the only problem is that it is EMBerasing as hell because my pass side headlight motor is going out and you all know what that sounds like.... anyone know how to get my alarm to not do that??? its a factory alarm.... if need it be i will get a video of it....
Old 05-08-2009, 09:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That happens when your headlight motor is going out, mine did that. I got the brass gear from ebay, pulled teh motor out and replaced the gear and it fixed it. The motors almost never break but the plastic gear inside of them strip. Try taking the bar off of the motor and manually turning the shaft 180*with the adjustmentthen put the bar back on and adjust it back to the position your headlight was in before. If it works it will only work for a little while but it will let you know that is your problem.Theres also a write-up on it somewhere.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:34 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

It is indeed your headlight motor - not the alarm's fault. Try the free rotate-180-degree fix. Took me less than half an hour and it's been working fine since February
Old 05-09-2009, 12:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

disable that **** with a tech 2 i think you can dono never tried it with a bird

Quick Reply: Anyone Know how to fix my alarm?