Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Trouble in San Gabriel Valley.

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 07:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Trouble in San Gabriel Valley.

This past summer after being in Japan for 2 years I decided to fully restore my car, a 1967 Camaro. I went with a shop I had done business with before and he was really helpful, at the time I was still in Japan, and I was about to transition to Germany, I am currently in the ARMY. So I had to coordinate through my dad and email with the mechanic. Anyhoo everything is going great I got an LS1 out of 04 GTO with the M6, new rear end, suspension, the works. Fast forward to January and I find out that I am going to deploy in April. So I tell my mechanic to take his time because I was not going to ship the car until I got back. Fast fwd to May I got this email from my mechanic, apologizing and he says that he is going out of business in June. So now my car has been painted, has the engine in it, tranny, suspension and rear end. But I still need the wiring harness, all of the wiring interior and out. The whole interior, some rechroming/polishing and tuning. The car is assembled, literally a rolling chassis. But I have no one to do the work now. I am still deployed,and will be until November, and have no real idea what is going to happen with my car. For the moment I think I am going to have my dad put it in storage while I try to find a shop that can finish the job. My question now is do any of you guys know of any shops that can do that sort of work in the Covina/Azuza/West Covina area. Anything within driving range, I have to tow the car there with all its parts.
Thank you for your time.

I will post pictures when I get more time, I am about to leave on a convoy.

SGT Iglesias, Anthony

Quick Reply: Trouble in San Gabriel Valley.