Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Anybody want a new 4th Gen.

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 12:38 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody want a new 4th Gen.

Why buy a 5th Gen when you can have a New 4th Gen LE.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2002-...1%7C240%3A1308

and remember they only made a little over 600 vert/m6.
This also has the Hurst short throw a $325 option.
Old 06-03-2009, 12:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow thats a really high price but that is also a very sexy car. The fact that no one else has ever bought it kinda would make me want to buy it if I had the deniro.
Old 06-03-2009, 12:45 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by LS1Adam84
Wow thats a really high price but that is also a very sexy car. The fact that no one else has ever bought it kinda would make me want to buy it if I had the deniro.
High are you kidding me it's got 22mi on it at a 38k as new sticker. Plus since you are buying from a dealer it might be possible to get an extened warranty..maybe..I did, I just re upped my warranty for another 4 yrs.lol.
Old 06-03-2009, 01:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It is also 7 years old, and even kelley blue book with all the options has it listed at 18k so.. 22 is too high by about 4k and especially in this economy they should be listing it there at blue book value.

These cars have not become real collector cars, if that be the case I know of one even more rare than that and is considered a collector that they made only 3 of and the person who has it tried to sell it but no one would even bite for it at 16k and that car has like 25,000 miles on it.

It is a clean car just over priced for being 7 years old and GM's do not hold their value that well, it is more than a vette.

I am not denying the beauty of the car and the sheer awesomeness but for them to try and sell that at that price and rip someone off is not cool, they can't count it as acollector till it really is one, otherwise hell I could offer my car for 22k cause there were probably the same amount built as that car, just not as fancy, and my car has about 54,000 more miles... sadness. LOL
Old 06-03-2009, 01:23 PM
TECH Regular

I agree with part of it. Cars become more collectible if they hold there value meaning the ones that own them hold out for higher selling prices option that were ordered with them and people dont have watered down opions of them and how much somebody is willing to pay for a car they've always wanted to own. For me it was an LE or nothing it's what I wanted and a regular SS while still very good wasn't going to cut it. So for someone who has always wanted to own an LE get an as new one with only 22mi on it it's a great deal. A brickyard car like mine went for 43k at Barret Jackson.
Old 06-03-2009, 01:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by redracer1
I agree with part of it. Cars become more collectible if they hold there value meaning the ones that own them hold out for higher selling prices option that were ordered with them and people dont have watered down opions of them and how much somebody is willing to pay for a car they've always wanted to own. For me it was an LE or nothing it's what I wanted and a regular SS while still very good wasn't going to cut it. So for someone who has always wanted to own an LE get an as new one with only 22mi on it it's a great deal. A brickyard car like mine went for 43k at Barret Jackson.
Oh yeah I agree, well then thats where they need to take it, but a regular sale on the street goes by blue book. But trust me I understand, I have a specific first gen I want someday and people ask me why it has to be a numbers matching car, I say because that is just what I want, I want to say it is an original 67 ss396 4speed m21 car.
Old 06-03-2009, 01:59 PM
TECH Regular

Oh yeah I agree, well then thats where they need to take it, but a regular sale on the street goes by blue book. But trust me I understand, I have a specific first gen I want someday and people ask me why it has to be a numbers matching car, I say because that is just what I want, I want to say it is an original 67 ss396 4speed m21 car.
I'm with you on the 1st gen. There's not a guy on here that doesn't want one. And how much are you willing to pay? For the car you've always wanted. When I told friends what I wanted a Camaro they said what a '67, '68, '69. I said an 02, they said huh.lol. Then I told them about the LE and wanting abs, air conditioning, air bags better brakes etc. and said that'd be cool.
Old 06-03-2009, 02:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Very true, well I do know of a few that wouldn't care if it was a numbers matching car or not, I do, and I know what the car is worth and when I get to that point I will have cash in had to the tune of about $40k, unless I find one that needs to be restored, then I would save her from the clutches of the evil car crusher. LOL
Old 06-03-2009, 03:01 PM
TECH Regular

A 1st gen all matching #'s car for 40k is a great deal if it's in good shape and not a **** load of miles on it. A #'s matching Camaro SS 396 in restored condition is going to be depending on options $75 to $120k.
Old 06-03-2009, 04:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

A 1st gen all matching #'s car for 40k is a great deal if it's in good shape and not a **** load of miles on it. A #'s matching Camaro SS 396 in restored condition is going to be depending on options $75 to $120k.
Nah I keep my eye on that stuff, I have been finding them in the 30k-50k range with less than 100k original miles.

Heck I had a friend in high school who had a numbers matching 67 SS396 4 speed and bought it in damn near mint condition with around 60k original miles for like $8k or something like that. that was only 10 years ago.
Old 06-03-2009, 04:28 PM
TECH Addict

i doubt they will ever sell that car
Old 06-03-2009, 04:40 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by hlaalu
i was all over that car until i seen the middle of the pic in your sig, now i wish i could see her with her top off and not the car....lol...we were talking about cars???
Old 06-03-2009, 04:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You can see her with her top off, she has done some topless shots... hmmmm I am sorry tom but she is my future wife not yours. lol.
Old 06-03-2009, 04:51 PM
TECH Regular

Nah I keep my eye on that stuff, I have been finding them in the 30k-50k range with less than 100k original miles.

Heck I had a friend in high school who had a numbers matching 67 SS396 4 speed and bought it in damn near mint condition with around 60k original miles for like $8k or something like that. that was only 10 years ago.
Thats like stealing..he should have wnet to jail.lol.

Maybe..to bad..it's a new car even if it is 7 yrs. old. Like any collectibles no matter if it's guns, cars, baseball cards etc.there's a community behind the seine that wants them. **** I just watched a 5th Gen A6 dyno the same rwhp as mine and I'm basicly stock.
Old 06-03-2009, 04:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thats like stealing..he should have wnet to jail.lol.
Lol nah that was around the going rate for those cars at that time. Meh whatever this is how it goes, they may just always be just a bit beyond my reach.
Old 06-03-2009, 04:58 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by orangefun
i was all over that car until i seen the middle of the pic in your sig, now i wish i could see her with her top off and not the car....lol...we were talking about cars???
oh i have quite a few pics of her ta-tas

You can see her with her top off, she has done some topless shots... hmmmm I am sorry tom but she is my future wife not yours. lol.
dude, she said you didn't satisfy her that one night... sorry man

Maybe..to bad..it's a new car even if it is 7 yrs. old. Like any collectibles no matter if it's guns, cars, baseball cards etc.there's a community behind the seine that wants them. **** I just watched a 5th Gen A6 dyno the same rwhp as mine and I'm basicly stock.
yea i bet it would have sold maybe a year ago, but i dunno with the new ones out. the reserve is probably around 33k if i had to guess
Old 06-03-2009, 05:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Not what she said, she keeps calling me, whats that say? Besides the only one who never got any satisfaction from me was your mom, that **** was like a hot dog down a hall way.
Old 06-03-2009, 05:03 PM
TECH Addict

Not what she said, she keeps calling me, whats that say? Besides the only one who never got any satisfaction from me was your mom, that **** was like a hot dog down a hall way.
yea she told me your hot dog was "cute"
Old 06-03-2009, 05:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yea she told me your hot dog was "cute"
Nah dude more like she has a hallway, damn dude when she gave birth to you she must not have felt it when the dr. says open wide she can really open wide, your momma has gotta do some va jay jay tightening exercises man. LOL
Old 06-03-2009, 05:17 PM
TECH Regular

oh i have quite a few pics of her ta-tas

yea i bet it would have sold maybe a year ago, but i dunno with the new ones out. the reserve is probably around 33k if i had to guess

Prob not that high.. mine was listed 30k in 04(at a dealer) with 15k mi. but got it for 25k.(stole it. On ebay at the time they were in the 38k range & 48k for the brickyard cars & more for the PE's) I'm think'n mid to upper 20's. I wish it'd sell for that it helps keep the value on all of em up.

Quick Reply: Anybody want a new 4th Gen.