Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

norcal suspension / brake install

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 04:39 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default norcal suspension / brake install

hey guys, I'm looking for a good shop, preferably bay area, like livermore pleasenton, or valley like modesto, tracy manteca. to install some suspension and brake components, the guy who installed my UMI adjustable LCA's installed em backwords, i also need to install LCA Relocation brakets, as well as bolt on SFC's. brakes will be the cts-V / ZO6 front setup and replace rear rotors and pads, as well as SS brake lines all around. n e advice on a shop that can do it and wont rip me off will be great. will need to adjust the rear so its centered as well as an alignment. thanks a mill.
Old 07-07-2009, 05:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

hey man, If youre ever in so-cal, im an ASE Master certified mobile performance mechanic i have a website if u wanna check it out oh and I just bought that brake kit too! cant wait to get everything in the mail!
Old 07-07-2009, 10:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hell, id do the suspension for you, but im going to be busy for the next few weeks.. I dont work at a shop, i just have 2 WS.6s sittin in the garage, and ive done a thing or too to both of em.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:34 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by NVR_SPDS
Hell, id do the suspension for you, but im going to be busy for the next few weeks.. I dont work at a shop, i just have 2 WS.6s sittin in the garage, and ive done a thing or too to both of em.
where u located? i dont plan on doing it right away, so 2-3 weeks that ur busy is fine, cuz i still need to order my rims as well as the LCA Relocation brackets, also thinking about front sway bar.
Old 07-10-2009, 06:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Im located just outside turlock, in denair. It seems like the brakes would be easy enough to do too, but ive just never done brake work on our f-bodys.. Well, nothing more than rotors and pads.

Ive done lines on other vehicles, just dont know if there is anything special on these.
Old 07-10-2009, 08:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Lightbulb

If you don't mind driving down to Madera I can help you with everything on your list, as long as the relocation are bolt in.

To make the brake install go easier, you'll want something like PB Blaster or Liquid wrench to spray around the rear disc hub mount ares since rust likes to form there. You'll also want a small propane torch to heat up the brake line fittings so they'll brake loose with little drama. And make sure you have a quality brake line wrench.
Old 07-10-2009, 08:41 PM
Launching!

I'm in modesto and And all my friends with f-body's live from stockton to Delhi and meet up pretty much every weekend, We'll be in modesto tonight at Starbucks on Briggsmore and McHenry around 8:30- 9. We usually have anywhere from 5-10 f-body's out so if anyone from this area wants to come hang out your more than welcome pm me for my cell # or just roll out around 9. And to the OP Dont pay a shop to do easy **** like what your lookin to do, me our a couple of my friends would be more than capable of helping ya out bro...

Quick Reply: norcal suspension / brake install