Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Urgent, please help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 02:45 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for good f-body shop in O.C.

I am stuck in Palm Springs/Palm Desert area in california. I am normally from the OC.

Problem is that my car broke down. It is burning a significant amount of oil, I put a full 5 quarts in and it is making a serious belt noise. Please let me know of any shops near here!I am off the 10 freeway at Date Palm Drive. If I don't get anything by morning, I guess autozone is going to get it.

Please any help is appreciated!!!
Thanks guys

edit: I'm no longer in palm springs. I got the car back to O.C., but it now seems to over heat easily and is making a wierd whistle/ticking sound. I'm a complete newb when it comes to engine work. I just need to know a good show to take it to, to get it checked out, I think it is something more serious than just a broken ac compressor.

Last edited by DrifterFreak210; 08-14-2009 at 07:04 PM. Reason: Updating my situation.
Old 08-14-2009, 03:16 AM
Launching!

Is the belt noise due to the serpentine or the ac belt needing to be changed? You had your car low 5 quarts of oil?
Old 08-14-2009, 03:18 AM
Staging Lane

I don't no what the belt noise it. and yeah, I have no idea how it got that low, it doesn't leak oil nor does it smell like it burned any until today.
Old 08-14-2009, 03:29 AM
Launching!

Belt noise is a screeching/squealing noise in which the belt noise will increase with increased rpm. Hell worst case scenario to be 100% sure the noise is from the belt, spray some wd-40 on the belts if it goes away then comes back it's the belts and you need to change them then spray a degreaser/carb cleaner on the pulleys to clean the grease off. Depending how long you ran it on that little oil you might have messed up some bearings. What's the oil pressure reading at idle?
Old 08-14-2009, 12:02 PM
Staging Lane

Ok, it ended up at a shop called JD motors. they were great guys and said that I had over filled it with oil and that my ac belt is either loose or that my ac may need a rebuild. nothing major, I guess because of the late time that this happened, I over reacted. Thanks for the help though.
Old 08-14-2009, 07:05 PM
Staging Lane

I'm no longer in palm springs. I got the car back to O.C., but it now seems to over heat easily and is making a wierd whistle/ticking sound. I'm a complete newb when it comes to engine work.

I just need to know a good shop to take it to, to get it checked out. Anyone know a place that is real good with the ls1?
I think it is something more serious than just a broken ac compressor, which is what the shop said it was.
Old 08-14-2009, 07:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by DrifterFreak210
I'm no longer in palm springs. I got the car back to O.C., but it now seems to over heat easily and is making a wierd whistle/ticking sound. I'm a complete newb when it comes to engine work.

I just need to know a good shop to take it to, to get it checked out. Anyone know a place that is real good with the ls1?
I think it is something more serious than just a broken ac compressor, which is what the shop said it was.
Where in the OC? I cam come and check it out for you.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:08 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ss.slp.ls1
Where in the OC? I cam come and check it out for you.
I'm located in Yorba Linda, by where the 91 and 241 meet. If you could, it would be greatly appreciated.

Quick Reply: Urgent, please help!