Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Trusted machine shops in Sacramento area?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 10:50 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Trusted machine shops in Sacramento area?

Hey, Ive run into a dilema that for as many machines shops I know non of them trully know Gen3/Gen4 motors and how to correctly machine them. I was hoping someone could give a recommendation (preferably a shop youve dealt with) that is equipt and knowledgable to machine a gen3 block. Im looking for a bore and hone with a torque plate and the shops I talked to said they dont have torque plates for the motor and/or have never done it.

More or less I am willing to drive 100 miles at most to drop my block off to be machined for my turbo prepped motor.

If you can shoot me in a certain direction I would appreciate it very much, thanks.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

have u talked with daves in newark?

Dave's Engine Machining
37530 Enterprise Ct, Newark, CA
(510) 797-9536
Old 08-28-2009, 12:02 PM
On The Tree

nope never heard of him, then again Im not familiar with most any shop in the bay area. Im assuming he knows his ****?
Old 08-28-2009, 12:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by matty b
nope never heard of him, then again Im not familiar with most any shop in the bay area. Im assuming he knows his ****?
If you want to use the best local machine shop for late model, then use him. OutlawZ has been using an engine built from them, and so haven't several of the faster local cars in this area

Torque plates are mandatory if you want the engine built correctly on these late gens.... As for not having them, Motor Warehouse is a supplier for all the local machine shops in Sac Town. Any-one can rent the torque plate through them, but most don't want to pay the money to do it.

I've heard Rex Hutchinson has built a few for FFP. I have no experiance from them, and Have heard mixed reviews, but I know a couple people with late engines that swear by them...

Hope this helps!

Quick Reply: Trusted machine shops in Sacramento area?