Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Superior Automotive in Anaheim, CA?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 04:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ryne @ CMS:
Got any experience dynoing the '09 CTS'V's yet?
How does your DynoDynamics compare against any of the other dynos?
Generally dyno higher?
Generally dyno lower?
With everything else being equal, of course.
Old 11-01-2009, 04:49 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Ryne @ CMS
really its not? considering haighter used to be my employee he would know what dyno i have. our dyno is a load bearing dyno. it applies the load via a large eddy current retarder on the side on the dyno unit. i set the load to each vehicle by only only allowing car to accelerate at certain rate of speed (for example 8 kph per second) by doing that it places load on the car. (the lower amount of kph of acceleration more load there is). now that is for WOT pulls only. as for when i am dialing in a ve or maf table on the dyno, i have a acceleration and stabilization modes where i can hold the car at any given Kph and those fully load and fill in a ve/maf table. ( although i feel i get better results on street , then only on the dyno).. i can pretty much operate my dyno like a engine dyno, (which we all know is load based water brake system, like a dynapack). here is some more info on our dyno
http://www.dyno.com.au/dyno/controll...ow2WD450DSPage

maybe next time you should inform yourself better, before commenting.
Ryan, when your right, your right. After doing some research, which I should have done before, I stand corrected. When I saw a picture of the rollers on the Dyno Dynamics dyno, I figured it was another version of the Dyno-Jet. Your dyno is definately not just another Dyno-Jet. In all fairness, I've got to say to the original poster that since CMS does have a load bearing dyno and with all the support Ryan gets from previous customers, I'd say CMS would be the way to go. "LIVE AND LEARN" and "LOOK B4 I LEAP".
Old 11-01-2009, 04:52 PM
On The Tree

^^ It takes a real man to admit his mistake^^ You have my respect.
Old 11-01-2009, 04:57 PM
Launching!

I dont think that the amount that someone charges makes them good or bad.. A Monkey using SnapOn doesnt make him a pro vs the tech that uses Matco or Mac.... I have known a lot of tuners charge upwards of $800 for a stock tune, and also see people get a speed density for $450 on a fully built FI car. I think the biggest thing is the tune, not the dyno. I have first hand seen cars make so much different power on different dynos and all the numbers are are numbers. I dont care if my car makes 350 rwhp or 1100 rwhp if the thing traps 155 mph and does it in 9.1 thats what really counts. I feel racing dynos or dyno sheets if for people that dont know a thing about racing anything but there mouths and wallets. I know that no one can tell the difference on there butt dyno where you gain or lose 5 or even 10rwhp on a 3400lb car. If you think you can your wrong. There is more lost in then 5 rwhp that you will lose from pull to pull because of just heat soak...

The point is that Ryne is a good tuner, there are others out there. But why take your stuff where people dont have years upon years of R&D into LSX cars. If anyone fallows these forums would know that shops come and go and people get cheated. Take your car to a shop that you can trust and where they stands behind there work!

Last edited by haighter; 11-01-2009 at 05:04 PM.
Old 11-01-2009, 09:01 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by haighter
Take your car to a shop that you can trust and where they stand behind their work!
That really sums it up well.
Old 11-01-2009, 09:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

cms, i guess. i heard haddad blew a couple of motors and theres no guarantee on dyno tuning. but i have also seen some **** they did and have been totally impressed.
haighter said it right though
Old 11-01-2009, 10:58 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Gary Wells
Ryne @ CMS:
Got any experience dynoing the '09 CTS'V's yet?
How does your DynoDynamics compare against any of the other dynos?
Generally dyno higher?
Generally dyno lower?
With everything else being equal, of course.
no experience on a 09 ctsv, but i have experience on the new zr1, similiar but not the same.... but i am very experienced with the newer e38 and e67 pcms that are in the newer vettes, and other gm cars, such as yours. as far as far as my dyno, my reads about the same as a dynojet 224 maybe a tad lower if there is any variations.
Old 11-01-2009, 10:59 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by qboy
Ryan, when your right, your right. After doing some research, which I should have done before, I stand corrected. When I saw a picture of the rollers on the Dyno Dynamics dyno, I figured it was another version of the Dyno-Jet. Your dyno is definately not just another Dyno-Jet. In all fairness, I've got to say to the original poster that since CMS does have a load bearing dyno and with all the support Ryan gets from previous customers, I'd say CMS would be the way to go. "LIVE AND LEARN" and "LOOK B4 I LEAP".
no problem bro, now you know the kind of dyno it is
Old 11-01-2009, 11:04 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by ls1ya
cms, i guess. i heard haddad blew a couple of motors and theres no guarantee on dyno tuning. but i have also seen some **** they did and have been totally impressed.
haighter said it right though
be careful of what you hear, alot people like to blame the tuner for there mistakes, because they were the last person to touch the car... but for example if a guy comes in for a tune and he has done all his own work. then while tuning the motor eats a lifter, and eats the cam and what not, they automatically blame the tuner, "well he was tuning it when it happened, it must be him" well maybe the preload was wrong? maybe the rockers werent torque or set properly? i say talk to the tuner, and feel them out, regardless of who they are, hear both sides of every story.
Old 11-06-2009, 05:15 PM
Teching In

Thanks for all the feedback guys. Going to see if I can schedule a tow truck for tomorrow to CMS
Old 11-07-2009, 02:05 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wesfresh
Thanks for all the feedback guys. Going to see if I can schedule a tow truck for tomorrow to CMS
You won't be sorry. Besides knowing these cars from top to bottom Ryne stands behind his work.
Old 11-07-2009, 02:16 AM
On The Tree

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I used Haddad, was impressed. I did not know about CMS at the time, but I hear nothing but good things about them from the crew of guys that meets up at the In n Out down here.

Haddad recently switched Dynapack software/configuration to a very conservative setup. If you are looking for a number...this is not the place to go. From what I have seen on youtube, A&A Corvette is a great place to go for numbers. Or make a pull on JBA's dyno.

Quick Reply: Superior Automotive in Anaheim, CA?