Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Issue with a Vista Calinfornia Member. Resolved

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 05:45 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Issue with a Vista Calinfornia Member. Resolved

Since I can't make a thread in the feedback area, here it goes:

I am having an issue with a member on the site regarding an item I purchased.

The user is Black02LS1. I purchased an RK Sports SS spoiler off of him. He said it was never used and never mounted. I asked for pics and he supplied them. It was in mint condition.

I received the spoiler this past Monday. When I opened the box it was badly cracked. I immediately contacted him and let him know the situation. On Tuesday he opened a UPS Damage Claim. I then asked the seller to refund me $200 until the claim was over since UPS takes the package, inspects it and then sends the package to the shipper (they also send the money to the shipper if the claim is approved). He did not agree to it and said that if the claim was denied he wouldn't refund me.

I've already submitted an IC3 complaint against him.

Here are some pictures of the product I received:

Old 12-04-2009, 05:46 PM
12 Second Club

I just got back from UPS and they denied the claim on the spot. They will be finishing it up tonight and sending the spoiler back to Kyle. I've filed the IC3 complaint, I will be going to my bank in the morning to dispute this, I will be contacting his local Police Department and I will also be contacting my attorney.
Old 12-04-2009, 06:05 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like a pretty shitty packaging job, no wonder it's damaged... Good luck
Old 12-04-2009, 06:06 PM
Teching In

Good luck and definitely was poorly packaged.
Old 12-04-2009, 06:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Sounds like your on the right track. You did give him a negative trader rating, correct?
Old 12-04-2009, 06:16 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99Bluz28
Sounds like your on the right track. You did give him a negative trader rating, correct?
Yep, first thing I did when I sat down tonight.

If you check on srtforums.com I am an admin there and help a ton of people when they get scammed. That is one of the first things we tell people to do.

I never thought I would get scammed...............I guessed wrong.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If it was poor packaging that damaged the wing, it's not a scam. It was, well... poor packaging. There's a difference between a scammer and an inexperienced shipper, no?
Old 12-04-2009, 07:19 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 96blackta
If it was poor packaging that damaged the wing, it's not a scam. It was, well... poor packaging. There's a difference between a scammer and an inexperienced shipper, no?
Not when the person refuses to give the money back that is rightfully mine, especially after having a damage claim denied.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

So you are still having an issue getting your money back now that they rejected the claim? Also did they say why the claim was rejected?
Old 12-04-2009, 07:24 PM
12 Second Club

So you are still having an issue getting your money back now that they rejected the claim? Also did they say why the claim was rejected?

Kyle refuses to refund me my money, that is correct.

The damage clerk denied the claim because #1 the box was too small: the side's of the spoiler were touching the sides of the box. #2 the packing material uses was insufficient: he used 4 pieces of foam which were placed on the front and back of the spoiler and some newpaper on the top and bottom, the sides were not covered at all.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Do you have anything the damage clerk said in paper? Show that to his local authorities and watch how fast you get your money back.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:36 PM
12 Second Club

Do you have anything the damage clerk said in paper? Show that to his local authorities and watch how fast you get your money back.
I have the damage claim number and once it's finished up I will be calling UPS to have them email me everything.
Old 12-04-2009, 09:03 PM
On The Tree

Default damage

this happens all the time / i got a stock F-body crank pulley mailed to me in a a size 13 shoe box with absolutely no packing whatsover / no ****

it was like a putting a snow globe in a trash can there was so much empty space

the reality is that you did not get scammed / you got fucked by a bad shipper
ups rightfully denied the claim as they require a minium of 3" padding around all 4 dimensions

he took your money, spent your money, and now that ups will not cover it, he doesnt have your money any more

its not fraud, its just bad business, and the police can do nothing about this - this is a civil matter, not a criminal matter

maybe you can convince him to send it to you in smaller amounts if he cant come up with it all at once

i know it sucks, but your ONLY means of retribution is small claims court - NOTHING ELSE will solve this problem if he does not want to pay and even then, you might only get a judgement against him which you will have to still spend ALOT of your time to actually get the cash back - trust me on this as i have had a few bad renters over the years, and weather its rent, or a spoiler, the judicial process and collection process work the same way

hiring a lawyer for a $200 claim ? / thats just good money over bad

been there / better luck next time - good luck / shane
Old 12-04-2009, 09:04 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by LS1W
this happens all the time / i got a stock F-body crank pulley mailed to me in a a size 13 shoe box with absolutely no packing whatsover / no ****

it was like a putting a snow globe in a trash can there was so much empty space

the reality is that you did not get scammed / you got fucked by a bad shipper
ups rightfully denied the claim as they require a minium of 3" padding around all 4 dimensions

he took your money, spent your money, and now that ups will not cover it, he doesnt have your money any more

its not fraud, its just bad business, and the police can do nothing about this - this is a civil matter, not a criminal matter

maybe you can convince him to send it to you in smaller amounts if he cant come up with it all at once

i know it sucks, but your ONLY means of retribution is small claims court - NOTHING ELSE will solve this problem if he does not want to pay and even then, you might only get a judgement against him which you will have to still spend ALOT of your time to actually get the cash back - trust me on this as i have had a few bad renters over the years, and weather its rent, or a spoiler, the judicial process and collection process work the same way

hiring a lawyer for a $200 claim ? / thats just good money over bad

been there / better luck next time - good luck / shane

It would definitely be a civil matter IF he didn't have possession of the spoiler AND my money. However, the spoiler will be in transit to him as per UPS rules come Monday morning.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've known Kyle for 5 years now.He's a stand up guy for sure. i to have purchased items from him. they were in good condition.
I'm 100% sure he never installed that wing. I was going to purchase it for my Gf's car. I'm sure the delivery service must of damaged the part when it got transported. I really doubt he would send you a wing that's cracked and looks like it was in a wreck.sorry you had to go through this.

p.s not trying to back up Kyle,but I've seen Ups drivers toss packages like they're just some random ****.trust me there's a ups guy who delivers to my job and I've seen his *** do it.
Old 12-04-2009, 11:06 PM
Teching In

I work as a courier for FedEx Express and I can say first hand that **** gets mishandled on a pretty routine basis. But the people shipping also knows this and should take that into consideration when shipping things out. I'm not saying the company's mishandling of packages is ok but it's known to happen so packaging should be better than 4 pieces of foam and a bunch of rolled up newspapers. If someone sent him something packed that way he'd probably be going about it the same exact way. It's just good business to take responsibility and known that he could have done a better job of packaging.
Old 12-05-2009, 12:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 01SOMSS!
I've known Kyle for 5 years now.He's a stand up guy for sure. i to have purchased items from him. they were in good condition.
I'm 100% sure he never installed that wing. I was going to purchase it for my Gf's car. I'm sure the delivery service must of damaged the part when it got transported. I really doubt he would send you a wing that's cracked and looks like it was in a wreck.sorry you had to go through this.

p.s not trying to back up Kyle,but I've seen Ups drivers toss packages like they're just some random ****.trust me there's a ups guy who delivers to my job and I've seen his *** do it.
First, I never post in these kind of threads. I agree 100% that the delivery service must of damaged it. How could they not?? Did you see how shitty it was packed... You're also correct, most people have seen drivers toss packages...Once again, did you see how shitty the packaging was?

If your guy is a stand up person, he would refund the money.

Good luck to the OP!
Old 12-05-2009, 12:51 AM
TECH Addict

poor packaging. if you payed him with a credit card or paypal you can open a dispute. but if you payed cash and you try to file a small claims against him, i doubt anything will happen. all he has to do is say he packed it with more material and you just didn't take pictures of it. the best outcome in a small claims court would be a 50/50 split. just keep bugging him i guess. and imo if you call an attorney for a $200 item they will probably laugh...
Old 12-05-2009, 01:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

kill him
Old 12-05-2009, 06:01 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by JohnnyBz28
Since I can't make a thread in the feedback area, here it goes:

I am having an issue with a member on the site regarding an item I purchased.

The user is Black02LS1. I purchased an RK Sports SS spoiler off of him. He said it was never used and never mounted. I asked for pics and he supplied them. It was in mint condition.

I received the spoiler this past Monday. When I opened the box it was badly cracked. I immediately contacted him and let him know the situation. On Tuesday he opened a UPS Damage Claim. I then asked the seller to refund me $200 until the claim was over since UPS takes the package, inspects it and then sends the package to the shipper (they also send the money to the shipper if the claim is approved). He did not agree to it and said that if the claim was denied he wouldn't refund me.

I've already submitted an IC3 complaint against him.

Here are some pictures of the product I received:

he's a scammer..for 1 very used item.... 2 i believe he shipped the item like that'trying to blame it on ups...there not that careless even if you buy the cheapest rate of shipping,...he shipped it like that to use ups as a excuse.that **** looks like it was used at a elementry school for a lunch table!!.If I were you i would do file a small claims on that **** bag...