Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

help with t56 conversion

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 10:56 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default help with t56 conversion

hey guys i am doing a t56 conversion on my car next week any advice maybe pictures of the swap or step by step write up lol.also i am going to use a stock ls1 clutch for now since it comes with the tranny.the only thing that is worrying me is the wirring.anyone wanna help out ill supply lots of beer lol

i am going to have the a4 tranny conversion 4 sale up soon lol
Old 12-06-2009, 12:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I've done a T56 conversion several times. Let me know if you have any questions or need a hand.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-3/974053/1277257

http://www.jlturbo.com/guide/m6swap.doc
Old 12-06-2009, 06:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

do you need a trans crossmember or a torque arm? ive got them for sale if interested
Old 12-07-2009, 01:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

Its cake dude, just do to the trans section and they have a complete write up. You may have to sift through it to fine certain things tho. If you have questions and you cant find them there, hit me up. Maybe I could answer some of you questions.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:29 PM
TECH Regular

thanks i will be picking up the tranny on sat hey is there a slave cylinder mod or something like that cause i heard sometimes the pedal get stuck to the floor if u dont drill the lines or something like that
Old 12-07-2009, 09:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by droptopT/A
thanks i will be picking up the tranny on sat hey is there a slave cylinder mod or something like that cause i heard sometimes the pedal get stuck to the floor if u dont drill the lines or something like that
The drill mod? Thats for speed shifting, I would do it since its all apart.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:45 PM
On The Tree

hey guys i am doing a t56 conversion on my car next week any advice maybe pictures of the swap or step by step write up lol.also i am going to use a stock ls1 clutch for now since it comes with the tranny.the only thing that is worrying me is the wirring.anyone wanna help out ill supply lots of beer lol

i am going to have the a4 tranny conversion 4 sale up soon lol
Im Down to help foo!
Old 12-08-2009, 12:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

Yeah, the drill mod, but that only needs to be done on the earlier ('98-'00) master cylinders.
Old 12-12-2009, 07:29 PM
TECH Regular

ok is a go just got back from calspeed performance in bakersfield i got my complete t56 conversion parts jim went out of his way on a sat to go and open the shop and is also going to tune it for me great customer service.cant wait to start working on it also the tranny came with a shifter that i think might be a hurst how do i know if it is it has a gold plate on the bottom but does not say hurst
Old 12-12-2009, 07:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

ok is a go just got back from calspeed performance in bakersfield i got my complete t56 conversion parts jim went out of his way on a sat to go and open the shop and is also going to tune it for me great customer service.cant wait to start working on it also the tranny came with a shifter that i think might be a hurst how do i know if it is it has a gold plate on the bottom but does not say hurst
Might as well get a Pro 5.0 shifter and top it off with a short stick and a Hurst Pistol grip shifter handle. Best shifter combo hands down!
Old 12-12-2009, 07:38 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ss.slp.ls1
Might as well get a Pro 5.0 shifter and top it off with a short stick and a Hurst Pistol grip shifter handle. Best shifter combo hands down!
hahaha i wish i could kinda broke right now i am just going to install it like it is for now and put the white shift **** that speed inc sellls.
also how much will u charge me to help me do the wirring that is needed i am not the best with electrical
Old 12-12-2009, 08:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my pro50 was gold
Old 12-12-2009, 08:36 PM
TECH Regular

ill take some pics 2morrow so u guys can see it
Old 12-12-2009, 11:58 PM
FormerVendor

Thanks for the positive feedback..

I didnt look closely but I believe the shifter you got with it is a factory hurst option one that comes on some fbodies...

Quick Reply: help with t56 conversion