Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Scam on San Diego craigslist

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 12:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scam on San Diego craigslist

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/cto/1685573199.html

After emailing the seller a few times this is what i she sends me.

As soon as we will start our transaction eBay will contact you by phone or email and they will give you all the details regarding the process.The car is already at the shipping company in Dallas,TX ( i recently moved here because of my job and i took the car with me ) sealed and ready for shipping but no problem because you can see,test drive and inspect the car before purchasing.As soon as we will start our transaction eBay will contact you by phone or email and they will give you all the details regarding the process.As i told you in my last email we will use eBay Safe Pay to manage the payment because it's the safest way for both of us.eBay Safe Pay is responsible to insure that both parties comply to transaction requirements, both parties must submit proof of payment/delivery presented in a legal form (payment/delivery receipt) by the registered payment/delivery service used. You will have to send payment using eBay verified Agent name. They will hold the funds until you receive the vehicle and also test it !!!
As soon as you'll complete the payment, the shipping will start using eBay specialized shipping department.
It will take no more then 3 days to arrive at your home address.( I'll pay the shipping). I offer 5 days for inspection,during this time,if the vehicle isn't like i described you will get back all the funds you sent to eBay.
Shipping back to my location will also be covered by me.
If this is OK with you please reply with your full name and address and PHONE number in your next email so I can open a transaction with eBay and move forward with this deal.
Waiting your answer today!

Thank you

I googled "ebay safe pay" and its a scam. Just wanted to post this up in case anyone else was looking at the same add.
Old 04-11-2010, 02:48 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by spicy
http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/cto/1685573199.html

After emailing the seller a few times this is what i she sends me.

As soon as we will start our transaction eBay will contact you by phone or email and they will give you all the details regarding the process.The car is already at the shipping company in Dallas,TX ( i recently moved here because of my job and i took the car with me ) sealed and ready for shipping but no problem because you can see,test drive and inspect the car before purchasing.As soon as we will start our transaction eBay will contact you by phone or email and they will give you all the details regarding the process.As i told you in my last email we will use eBay Safe Pay to manage the payment because it's the safest way for both of us.eBay Safe Pay is responsible to insure that both parties comply to transaction requirements, both parties must submit proof of payment/delivery presented in a legal form (payment/delivery receipt) by the registered payment/delivery service used. You will have to send payment using eBay verified Agent name. They will hold the funds until you receive the vehicle and also test it !!!
As soon as you'll complete the payment, the shipping will start using eBay specialized shipping department.
It will take no more then 3 days to arrive at your home address.( I'll pay the shipping). I offer 5 days for inspection,during this time,if the vehicle isn't like i described you will get back all the funds you sent to eBay.
Shipping back to my location will also be covered by me.
If this is OK with you please reply with your full name and address and PHONE number in your next email so I can open a transaction with eBay and move forward with this deal.
Waiting your answer today!

Thank you

I googled "ebay safe pay" and its a scam. Just wanted to post this up in case anyone else was looking at the same add.
Its not just on ebay and craigslist its on autotrader to. Its a very big scam so watch out for it
Old 04-11-2010, 03:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it has been flagged down i cant see it, but is this that black t/a for $3700. I flagged it earlier it looked like a scam.
Old 04-11-2010, 05:23 PM
On The Tree

LOL I saw the same ad last week and I emailed her too, I got the same reply. I knew it was too good to b true

Quick Reply: Scam on San Diego craigslist