Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Thank you CMS

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 11:32 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Thank you CMS

This is why I drive 7 hours one way to take my T-1 Corvette to Ryne and Mike at CMS:

It's a long read, but this has been a very long 6 months for me/

Last fall I had an off at Buttonwillow that took me into the wall. It's taken until this past weekend to get the car back...but it's not done, still needs paint. Mechanically it's good now thanks to CMS.

I had a local shop up here I know the owners of install my new LG Pro system and replace a rear spindle so the car is a roller again and can go to the body shop. It went into the body shop the 2nd or 3rd week of Feb, I was told 2 weeks maybe 3 and the car would be done. Needless to say after 3 weeks came and went and progress was inching forward, I started putting more and more pressure on them to finish. i finally told them i needed the car, painted or not by weeks end of March 26. they said no problem. Well, come the 26th I was hounding them to get the car ready. And it was, finally, at 4:30pm. I go to start the car and get nothing. Fortunately I had a very bad feeling about the whole thing and brought a winch "just in case". Also thought it was weird that now my clutch pedal goes straight to the floor, didn't do that before. I pushed it out, winched it up and was on the road by 6:30. After a short night at my friends house in chino hills, I had the car down to Ryne at 9 or 10am. Took us a half hour to unload because now my newly installed exhaust was hanging about an inch off the ground. We got it off, pulled fuses, the fuel rail, checked everything we could quickly and decided the car had to stay. The shop was extremely full and Ryne was booked out on appointments for 2-3 weeks solid. I talked to Mike a couple times in that period and he had gotten time to get started on it with Ryne and they discovered my bellhouse was shattered. All bolt holes were destroyed, the case was cracked, the torque tube was not mated up flush nor mounted properly so it was putting a strain on the bellhouse. As Mike said "Your car not starting was a blessing in disguise". Had it started I would lost the clutch, flywheel, torque tube, and done a lot of damage.

I started pushing Mike/Ryne a little 2 weeks ago as I was trying to get seat time (haven't been in the car since Oct) prior to this coming weekend, but unfortunately they were just too busy. Last week they spent the better part of it (and nights) on my car working out all the kinks. To diagnose my fuel problem, they mocked up a complete corvette fuel system, connected the harnesses and a fuel rail (all on the ground) and voila, fuel pressure. WTF. So they looked closer; the fuel issue ended up being: apparently when the body shop re-installed the fuel tanks, they connected the blue red and black lines on non-matching colors (blue to black, black to red, etc). swapped the lines and it fired right up. I would hate to watch these guys install a new cable box at home, I wonder how many hours it takes them to get it right..you know, with all the matching colors and what not.

They finished my re-tune and all work (even through in a speed bleeder for my clutch reservoir) on Saturday, and Mike met me at the shop Sunday morning at 9am and went over everything with me.

The service at CMS is bar none. These guys know there ****, and go above and beyond to help their customers. I can't wait until they move into their new shop and start getting to do my alignments and corner weights....just waiting for them to add body work and paint to their "can-do services" **hint hint**

Thanks Mike and Ryne!

anybody located in the Central Valley that may read this: DO NOT GO TO MODESTO COLLISION CENTER!!!
Old 04-19-2010, 12:56 PM
TECH Regular

Taking your car to a shop is like a box of chocolates... U never know what ur gonna get. I've seen wire nuts holding together o2 extensions that drag on the floor and 1/8" flat plate subframe connectors. Glad to hear it's worked out.
Old 04-19-2010, 01:01 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad it worked out man...I have been wanting to get a few things done by them and this post just made my decision. I will help give someone business when they give me and others 100% anytime!
Old 04-19-2010, 01:29 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by m6ttop
Taking your car to a shop is like a box of chocolates... U never know what ur gonna get. I've seen wire nuts holding together o2 extensions that drag on the floor and 1/8" flat plate subframe connectors. Glad to hear it's worked out.
It's pretty bad, I've even had shotty work come from a dealership before. don't know about you, but I typically like getting my car back in better condition then when it went in!

Originally Posted by NoTractionLS1
Glad it worked out man...I have been wanting to get a few things done by them and this post just made my decision. I will help give someone business when they give me and others 100% anytime!
they will definitely take care of you!
Old 04-23-2010, 07:09 PM
TECH Junkie

I've only heard nothing but the best from CMS ever since they opened a few years ago. Keep up the good work!!
Old 04-23-2010, 09:12 PM
11 Second Club

CMS definitely takes care of their customers!
Old 04-24-2010, 08:06 AM
TECH Junkie

Glad to see you got it back Chris. I've been over there a few times and looked the car over. You definitely get your use outa that thing!

I remember back when they opened their doors as well. What I remember is a few people on here talking smack on a shop they had no experience with and calling me a nutswinger for talking about the great CS there. Low and behold, more than half those people on here now are loyal CMS customers. Go figure...
Old 04-24-2010, 10:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

They are the best shop I have found, cant wait to see their new shop either. I saw your car in there the few times ive been there in the last few weeks, it sure looks like alot of fun.
Old 04-24-2010, 07:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by MrElectric03
They are the best shop I have found, cant wait to see their new shop either. I saw your car in there the few times ive been there in the last few weeks, it sure looks like alot of fun.
New shop?
Old 04-25-2010, 09:02 PM
TECH Addict

Picard. Ya Wes they moved locations to your neck of the woods. Murrieta.

Racing the car is a blast. I'm actually headed home from a big race now
Old 04-25-2010, 09:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Ive also had great service from ryne and mike. they tuned my turbo 99 camaro and helped me figure out a lot of weird bugs in my system. they did wayyy more than they were obligated and stayed late a few nights to help me get it finished. ive been recommending them to anyone I can! thanks guys, im stoked to see the new shop next week, and get some new numbers

Quick Reply: Thank you CMS