Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

WTF!? Happy meals are now illegal in my county!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 05:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTF!? Happy meals are now illegal in my county!!

I cant believe this...

http://news.yahoo.com/video/business...legal-19362009
Old 04-28-2010, 06:30 PM
12 Second Club

This **** is getting rediculous, this is supposed to be a free country. Now the FDA wants to control salt content too? California has gone insane with the liberal left wing stand on EVERYTHING. I say let people live thier own lives and learn from thier own mistakes. 6 year old kids that get happy meals generally cannot get to McDonalds by themselves, it is up to the parents to not feed thier children fatty foods everyday. IT IS MAKING ME SICK.

Last edited by coldblooded; 04-28-2010 at 08:07 PM.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:40 PM
TECH Regular

that is total b.s. what needs to happen is everyone who voted for this stupid bill to be voted out of office. The people in that meeting clearly sided to be against; aren't they supposed to listen to thier people? my god.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:48 PM
TECH Addict

Incredible. Obama also has plans to take down a lot more..
Old 04-28-2010, 07:50 PM
TECH Addict

obama's whole term has been a big joke so far.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:58 PM
TECH Regular

why am i not surprised that this is coming from california.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:10 PM
TECH Junkie

....Sigh.

Edit....Santa Clara county is one county over from where I live @ school right now. Holy ****
Old 04-28-2010, 08:17 PM
On The Tree

This country is going to hell and California is leading the way. They are taking our liberties away little by little.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it's just the toy<--->happy meal combo. Which pisses me off even more. I effin' love the toys.

You should still be able to get a tasty happy meal.....or 10 on a late night run between the bar and home.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:25 PM
On The Tree

Santa Clara county is also one of the most expensive places to live in the U.S. for $1,100 a month for a small one bedroom apartment i better be able to order whatever the hell i want, whenever i want, and however the hell i want it.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

simply amazing! i can remember mom and dad taking me and my bro to get a happy meal when we were young. we were so excited! really a crock of **** these m-fers got nothing else better to do than push people around and do what they want ppl to do. im sooooo glad i dont live in cali............good luck ppl..........
Old 04-28-2010, 08:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

I can see the viewpoint. Obesity in children is rising faster than ever. Dont even mention diabetes. Having that toy in a REALLY bad meal is kind of like patting the kid on the back for eating 2k calories in a single meal.

However, with that said, should the government be making a law for this? No, its common sense that if you dont want fat kids you feed them less fatty stuff. Yet, common sense is ignored more often then not and a law has to be enacted.
Old 04-28-2010, 09:03 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by bballr4567
I can see the viewpoint. Obesity in children is rising faster than ever. Dont even mention diabetes. Having that toy in a REALLY bad meal is kind of like patting the kid on the back for eating 2k calories in a single meal.

However, with that said, should the government be making a law for this? No, its common sense that if you dont want fat kids you feed them less fatty stuff. Yet, common sense is ignored more often then not and a law has to be enacted.
Agree and disagree. More responsibility should be placed on the parents. Stop feeding your kids fast food 3 times a day and stop letting them sit on their asses playing video games all day. And I hate to come off like an *******, but most fat kids have fat parents, go figure.
Old 04-28-2010, 09:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by hlaalu
Agree and disagree. More responsibility should be placed on the parents. Stop feeding your kids fast food 3 times a day and stop letting them sit on their asses playing video games all day. And I hate to come off like an *******, but most fat kids have fat parents, go figure.
Again, common sense.

Bad habits from parents because just habits to their children. They simply didnt have a choice to choose the bad or good but just get fed the bad.
Old 04-28-2010, 09:34 PM
Launching!

Happy Meals are still legal people. You just cant give a toy with it. Bummer, take your kid to Toys R Us or something. This is just like bubble gum cigarettes, Joe Camel out side of schools and **** on the bottom shelf.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damm soon ill be slanging fatty food, sugar and salt to make a living!!!
Old 04-28-2010, 10:23 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by bballr4567
Again, common sense.

Bad habits from parents because just habits to their children. They simply didnt have a choice to choose the bad or good but just get fed the bad.
Yup exactly.

Anyone see the KFC episode of South Park? Pretty soon happy meals will be sold on the black market
Old 04-28-2010, 10:51 PM
On The Tree

Incredible. Obama also has plans to take down a lot more..
obama's whole term has been a big joke so far.
How does Obama's term affect Santa Clara's county laws that "they" established and pass internally?... If it was at the state level I could see your quarrel. That would be the same as blaming Obama for a city putting up a stop sign....

On the issue at hand...
I think it's ridiculous that lawmakers are outlawing a simple happy meal. Oh well, I guess it's either go big or go home. Now kids will be eating double quarter pounders or 10 piece chicken nuggets lol. I feel bad for the restaurant owners, I'm pretty sure most of their business comes from kids telling their parents I want a happy meal or the new "whatever" toy. As for the weight issue, PARENTS! are the ones to blame for teaching bad habits. I've never seen a kid walk into a McDonald's and buy themselves a happy meal lol
Old 04-29-2010, 12:43 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It just goes to show how we young adults and adults have less sense than our parents and grandparents. My parents made me sit at the table every dinner. No TV while dinner was on the table. You talked about each other's lives. You asked to be excused. You ate your damn vegetables, by God. You drank plenty of water. Mom would ask, "How many glasses of water have you drank? You drink a glass then you can have a soda. You eat a carrot, then you can have some Cheetos."

Now? Not so much any of that. Thank God the Government stepped in with that whole transfat thing years back (started in NY, IIRC) that had everyone crying communism and now never even gets brought up or thought about. Just like this will.

All they're doing is saying you can't have toys in the damn meals, just like they said you can't have Joe Camel selling cigarettes. Not a big ******* deal. If 25% more parents had 50% of a brain, this type of thing wouldn't be happening.

This nation is eating itself to death. It's blatantly obvious. That McDonalds **** is pure poison. Humans just aren't meant to eat that fatty, greasy, salty, super-awesome-tasting junk on a regular basis. Parents are just flat not instilling a sense of moderation in their children's diet nearly as well as they did in yesteryear. Just my opinion.

Now that I've talked about it so much, I'm feeling some Mc'D's fries! Gah, I love their fries!
Old 04-29-2010, 12:49 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by lvbroham1
How does Obama's term affect Santa Clara's county laws that "they" established and pass internally?... If it was at the state level I could see your quarrel. That would be the same as blaming Obama for a city putting up a stop sign....
You need to look at the bigger picture. Michelle Obama is campaigning against childhood obesity. At the same time Obama is helping pass legislation to limit the amount of salt content in restaurants. Are all these things related? You better believe it.

Quick Reply: WTF!? Happy meals are now illegal in my county!!