Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Need Advice

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 05:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Advice

ok my bro sold his suzuki gsxr 600 to his so called friend guy doesent want to answer him now and is giving him the run around dont want to do anything to that guy that would come back to **** me over so just trying to see from a legal stand point what can we do to get the bike back or the 1200 he owes him if any lawyers here help me out ..................................
Old 06-08-2010, 06:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by snugans310
ok my bro sold his suzuki gsxr 600 to his so called friend guy doesent want to answer him now and is giving him the run around dont want to do anything to that guy that would come back to **** me over so just trying to see from a legal stand point what can we do to get the bike back or the 1200 he owes him if any lawyers here help me out ..................................
That's why I never give up possession of an item before payment is received. If they are making payments, I tell them I'll hold the item untill the last payment is received. The payments will ensure that I don't sell the item to someone else. I do this with everyone, friends included.

EDIT: Also for any vehicle sales, I always draft up a bill of sale. Do you have a contract of any kind that states when the payments were supposed to be made and the amounts?

Is the bike registered to your brother or your so called friend? If it is registered to your brother, simply report it stolen and you can get it back from the guy.

If the title has already been transferred to the guy, then I guess your only option is to take him to small claims court and hope for the best.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So your brother sold him the bike and did not receive full payment?

Is there a bill of sale of paperwork that both parties signed stating price and or arrangement of sale? Just clarifying in case someone who is a lawyer steps in.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

the the bike still under your bros name? Or did you sign it over already?
Old 06-08-2010, 06:05 PM
Teching In

yeah he never fully payed him and thats how i am cash in hand or foot in *** lol yeah think my bro does still have the paper bill of sale they made and he never turned over the pink slip he still the registered owner but hes too dam trust worthy of his dumbass friends
Old 06-08-2010, 06:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

yeah he never fully payed him and thats how i am cash in hand or foot in *** lol yeah think my bro does still have the paper bill of sale they made and he never turned over the pink slip he still the registered owner but hes too dam trust worthy of his dumbass friends
Call the police and you can get the bike back. You will have to refund money paid to date.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:10 PM
Teching In

last i heard bout the bike is that it was all fucked up he paid my bro 2000 and owes 1200 but i think the bike is gonna have alot of damage to it i just want to get the bike back so i can get it off my bro and build a sickass go cart with the engine
Old 06-08-2010, 06:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

last i heard bout the bike is that it was all fucked up he paid my bro 2000 and owes 1200 but i think the bike is gonna have alot of damage to it i just want to get the bike back so i can get it off my bro and build a sickass go cart with the engine
Then report it solen, get it back, refund money paid minus estimated damages. Easy solution to simple problem.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:14 PM
Teching In

thats what i wanted to know dont think the 2000 will cover the damages to the bike but my bro dont care he just dont want that ****** to keep the bike koo so if more damages then 2000 he dont get **** back right
Old 06-08-2010, 06:15 PM
Teching In

ok but how do you report it stolen do you say that **** disappeared from my front yard or do you tell them what really happend lol
Old 06-08-2010, 06:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

ok but how do you report it stolen do you say that **** disappeared from my front yard or do you tell them what really happend lol
Tell them the whole story. It's still your bro's bike. The contract was not met. You might need to show proof of the original condition of the bike before it was "sold" in order to retain money for damages. But I am not a lawyer or a police officer. I suggest you contact the police and talk with them.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:20 PM
Teching In

oh ok still you guys helped out see i would have just showed up with a guy the one guy everyone has and just got it back but then i got to worry bout getting locked up thats why i asked first lol
Old 06-08-2010, 07:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

yes calling the police is your best bet, i have heard of other people reporting it stolen in similar situations but besides that i cant give you much help.

Quick Reply: Need Advice