Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Any shops that can install a remote start viper alarm on an 07 Corvette?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 07:00 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Any shops that can install a remote start viper alarm on an 07 Corvette?

I've gone to a few shops today, they're all worried about installing it and damaging something because of how the wiretech site says it recommends not installing a remote start till a later date(I'm guessing when instructions are updated?) because they're worried it will short the entire system.

I know people have installed remote start systems on the 05+ Corvettes with the push button. But I want to know if there's a shop that has already done it themselves and knows what they're doing installing it so there's no possible problems. The electrical system is all stock, and mechanically it's a bolt on/supercharged car which I don't see effecting anything but I want to make sure everything's known up front.

The reason I'm asking for someone that's possibly installed remote start systems on a C6 already is because every shop that I've gone to today except for one all said the same thing when I asked if they've installed one before on these models,"Oh yea, already done a couple of them, it's a normal install" And then I get there, they look it up and tell me they can't do it which tells me right there they never installed one in the first place.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

The kit is a 5901 Viper Kit, and I've got the 1101T bypass module which I believe is all I need.

If I can't find anyone that can do it, I'm either gonna shelf the kit, or install it on one of the other cars.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:17 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check out www.the12volt.com for info and a list of installers in the area.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:08 PM
Launching!

Thank you very much, never heard of that site, and it just helped me get a hold of a guy that can do it. Thanks again, really appreciate it.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:35 PM
Launching!

No problem man
Old 10-11-2010, 11:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SSkull
I've gone to a few shops today, they're all worried about installing it and damaging something because of how the wiretech site says it recommends not installing a remote start till a later date(I'm guessing when instructions are updated?) because they're worried it will short the entire system.

I know people have installed remote start systems on the 05+ Corvettes with the push button. But I want to know if there's a shop that has already done it themselves and knows what they're doing installing it so there's no possible problems. The electrical system is all stock, and mechanically it's a bolt on/supercharged car which I don't see effecting anything but I want to make sure everything's known up front.

The reason I'm asking for someone that's possibly installed remote start systems on a C6 already is because every shop that I've gone to today except for one all said the same thing when I asked if they've installed one before on these models,"Oh yea, already done a couple of them, it's a normal install" And then I get there, they look it up and tell me they can't do it which tells me right there they never installed one in the first place.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

The kit is a 5901 Viper Kit, and I've got the 1101T bypass module which I believe is all I need.

If I can't find anyone that can do it, I'm either gonna shelf the kit, or install it on one of the other cars.
if your in the los angeles area i can hook you up with my guy Z....He does electrical,and audio installation at my shop he can do it..
Old 10-12-2010, 03:54 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LTXBOI
if your in the los angeles area i can hook you up with my guy Z....He does electrical,and audio installation at my shop he can do it..
Thanks, if this guy falls through then I will send you a pm. I'll let you know on Wednesday(that's the day the install is supposed to happen)
Old 10-12-2010, 02:22 PM
EkS
On The Tree

For future reference, what's the guy's info?
Old 10-12-2010, 05:34 PM
Launching!

It's a place up in San Bernardino. Shop called Pacific Stereo.

For godsakes don't get it mixed up with the Pacific Stereo in Lakewood, ca though. That place is garbage.

Quick Reply: Any shops that can install a remote start viper alarm on an 07 Corvette?