Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Ive got 8 cop cars and a helicopter outside

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2010, 06:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Ive got 8 cop cars and a helicopter outside

(its long I apologize)

I was in the garage working on the car and i heard one of my dogs going crazy in the back yard. I figured he was upset that i didnt let him come out with me into the garage while i worked (like i usually do). After a few minutes I get ticked and yell at him to knock it off, because its like 1am.

Something caught my eye on tv, so i stopped for a second on my way back out to the garage. Then I heard a couple loud bangs and my neighbor screaming, "Someone call for help!" So I immediately grabbed my pistol and as i start walking over i see him (in his underwear) and his wife following behind.

Apparently she had woken up to a guy looking for something under their bed. Screaming, she wakes up her husband... who flips out and starts taking off after the guy. As he's leaving the bedroom following the first guy he sees two more guys, one on the left coming out of the guest bedroom and one on the right in the living room. 2 of them go out the front door and one dove out the window they got in from.

Standing out in front of the house... She hands the phone off to him after dialing 911, and not a minute later we heard a cop telling someone to get down on the ground from behind the house.

A different officer arrived to their house shortly after. With probably 10-12 cop cars down the major street behind the house. CSI and a helicopter on the way. We noticed one of the guys left his shoes and dropped his cell phone as he dove out the window. Going through all the things that they had taken, all the presents, jewlery, went through all the drawers, wallet, purse... everything, seemed like they had been in there for quite a while. My neighbors had fallen asleep with a movie on in the bedroom and didnt hear anything... Until she woke up looking one of the guys dead in the face.

Right now they have 2 of the guys in custody, one of them she was able to identify... and just so happened he didnt have any shoes on. And the K-9's tracked down the 2nd guy probably a half hour later. It sounds like they are still looking for the 3rd guy. But they say they know who it is.

Their stuff is all over the street, as I guess one of the guys backpacks was open. Dumping all their stuff all over. Cops got some good fingerprints.

Pretty creepy. I just can't fathom the audacity of the guy going into their room while they are sleeping and looking under the bed. I think the bedroom would be the only place not too look if theres people sleeping in there. Thank God they werent armed and didnt try fighting. I dont know if it was the racket my neighbor made that they just fled or what. Im sure making a lot of noise and freaking them out makes a big difference compared to just being scared. Im just glad they didnt get hurt.

Makes you wonder if they did have a gun in the house how things could have been very different. Especially depending on its location... dunno who would have found it first.

I hope your Christmas is better!
Old 12-24-2010, 06:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Scumbags robbing a family days before christmas.. Wish they'd gotten blown away
Old 12-24-2010, 08:31 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We had a guy climb onto our front porch overhang and into my spare bedroom five years ago. He recently got out of prison. Hoping he's learned something from it all.
Old 12-24-2010, 08:57 AM
On The Tree

WOW! That sucks! Your dogs were doing their job. Thats why I always take my dog barking seriously. Grab a weapon and go check it out. Glad they didn't break into your house your pistol would of went to work. Glad they got all but one and know who the last guy is.
Old 12-24-2010, 11:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

At least they got caught and the homeowners are okay.
Old 12-24-2010, 11:53 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KING Z28 HAWK
WOW! That sucks! Your dogs were doing their job. Thats why I always take my dog barking seriously. Grab a weapon and go check it out.

Yup, always tell them good dog too. Never know when it's gonna save your butt or the neighbors.
Old 12-24-2010, 08:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by topfig1
We had a guy climb onto our front porch overhang and into my spare bedroom five years ago. He recently got out of prison. Hoping he's learned something from it all.
dont hope too hard!
Old 12-25-2010, 12:45 AM
TECH Junkie

That's messed up. Robbing a house before Christmas? I mean I'm appealing to the hearts of criminals that probably have hearts in the first place but damn, imagine the look on your kids faces after telling them their xmas gifts got stolen.
Old 12-25-2010, 01:25 AM
TECH Junkie

that's messed up... I'm glad they caught the pieces of ****. So many times you hear these stories they don't turn out quite so well...
Old 12-25-2010, 01:28 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 67RSCamaroVette
Scumbags robbing a family days before christmas.. Wish they'd gotten blown away
Old 12-25-2010, 01:28 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Soul TKR
that's messed up... I'm glad they caught the pieces of ****. So many times you hear these stories they don't turn out quite so well...
Especially here in Cali where we don't have the Castle Law like Texas..
Old 12-25-2010, 01:31 AM
Launching!

fu#% vegas its full of thieves and tweekers... merry christmas , what area was it in ?
Old 12-25-2010, 02:45 AM
On The Tree

shoulda shot em in the face
Old 12-25-2010, 02:47 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My stereo from my old 97 Malibu DD (totaled now) got broken into 6 years ago tonight. I had all my x-mass gifts still in the trunk but thankfully the **** didn't go through the trunk. ... Luckily now I have an ex Vietnam Vet (NRA also) living next to me who literally has an AR-15 mounted on his bedroom window, pointing at his car at all times. .. I make it a point to park next to him. I bought him a bottle of Jack for X-Mass!!
Old 12-25-2010, 11:42 AM
TECH Regular

I wanna move in next to you guys!!!^^^
Old 12-26-2010, 04:30 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WS6 Rampage
My stereo from my old 97 Malibu DD (totaled now) got broken into 6 years ago tonight. I had all my x-mass gifts still in the trunk but thankfully the **** didn't go through the trunk. ... Luckily now I have an ex Vietnam Vet (NRA also) living next to me who literally has an AR-15 mounted on his bedroom window, pointing at his car at all times. .. I make it a point to park next to him. I bought him a bottle of Jack for X-Mass!!
just make sure he isnt drinking too much jack, or your parking next to him strategy might go out the window

Quick Reply: Ive got 8 cop cars and a helicopter outside