Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Eliminate C.A.R.B Of California ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 12:52 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eliminate C.A.R.B Of California ?

This issue has a huge effect on California Car Culture

And well as the Car Aftermarket suppliers

Not just in California but around the nation

A letter I sent to the Governor Jerry Brown Of California

Pass it on, cut'n paste it if you need to.

http://gov.ca.gov/

Good Afternoon, Mr. Brown

I would like to speak to you reguarding the Elimination of the Much Overly Funded Government

Agency C.A.R.B

They are not a good fit for business or our culture here in California

I am tired of them working against us small business owners and quite frankly I find many of

their regulations Ludicrous

They've gone power mad, and I hope to see them eliminated soon

Here in California we cannot even modify our own cars

Even though we can pass all emission tests !

The problem with this is:

1. I paid for it ! It's my car, and I want the *freedom* to modify it anyway I wish

2.Modified cars are part of California culture, Our car culture sells around the world !

3. The modified car aftermarket is a Muti-billion dollar a year industry of which much

ingenuity is created and in time will benefit us all,

4. We were here first, Before C.A.R.B was ever in Existence

These modified car parts are also bought by others around the world.

The People at C.A.R.B are a bunch of Hippocrates as well, and have been caught lying on occasion, Because they don't have the facts, So they needed to make them up.

For instance

They have mistaken Global Climate change " A natural occurrence"

For some "Green House Conspiracy"

I wish for them to prove this in a court of law !

In addition Many of us here would like to run the Domestically produced E85 fuel which is

100 % made in the U.S.A

But due to all C.A.R.BS Red Tape and regulations there are only a few service stations In California that sell E85, and that is Intended to serve Millions of Consumers in California ?
The California Air Resources Board (CARB) and the California Energy Commission (CEC). Are a Contradiction to the "Green Cause" Because Blenders cannot meet the fuel specification for both, they have to choose one, which either leaves out financial incentive or compliance.

As you can imagine, neither is a great option. On top of that, each of the retail locations are classified as "research" facilities that have to be first approved and then have outrageous reporting requirements that normal gas stations do not have.

The next issue is the extreme restrictions on vehicles in California. Most automakers cannot meet them producing flex-fuel vehicles (FFVs), and it has not only discouraged production in our state, but nationwide. In fact, one automaker is saying that these restrictions could cause the end of flex-fuel vehicles in the near future.

Yes ! It all makes *Zero sense*

C.A.R.B claims to be a Green Organization

But they are only A "Politically Green" Organization, And have a poor track record of Promoting only Fossil fuels.

Instead of the sale of a much cleaner burning fuel E85 or even propane Another Domestically produced fuel.

At present time we have 100's of thousands of Flex-fuel vehicles that are on the roads

that are completely useless because consumers do not have the option to purchase E85 at fueling stations.

Everyday of the year we spend Billions of Dollars on Imported oil, when we could be keeping that revenue here at home by buying E85, Yes Billions $$$$$$$$$$ as you already know

I admit E85 is not for everyone, but why not make it available for U.S consumers that wish to support Industry in the U.S.A ?

There is a gigantic demand out there to buy E85 in California as well as the entire nation.

Everywhere Consumers there are asking , Where is all the taxpayer Subsidized E85 ?

And I can tell you its all Bogged down by C.A.R.B regulation and " Red Tape "

And even if you wanted to support your country, And Most do ! you cant at the present time

Because there are too few E85 fuel stations,

It will require much effort to find E85 Fueling stations In California, For they are few and far between and the USA

Sir We cannot be rid of the C.A.R.B Soon enough, For we here in California as well as the

Around the entire Nation wish to have our ***Freedoms Back***

From this overly Funded Power hungry Organization

We would like to see it replaced with a much smaller Agency Called "The National Environmental Solutions Agency"

Respectfully, Bon
Old 03-20-2011, 01:42 PM
Launching!

Nothing from the Car guys of California ?

These are the people that prevent you from running Longtube headers

and want you to run Baby cams so you can make less horsepower

Your freedom ?
Old 03-20-2011, 01:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Couldn't have said it better myself. I will forward this. I understand the sniffer test, even though i don't agree with it. What i don't understand(the visual inspection) is that how certain mods that have nothing to do with emissions, such as my Vararam Intake, won't pass smog because it doesnt have a CARB #. All that's about is money. Why can't i run longtubes with high flow cats? All that should matter is what comes out of the tailpipe, if we are truly concerned about the environment. But no, CARB says i cant, and it comes down to money. The residents of California need to vote at every election and get rid of the bureaucracy that is bankrupting this state.

Sorry guys enough with the rant.
Old 03-20-2011, 01:56 PM
Staging Lane

I totally agree with you, and I'm sure most of the guys on here do too but one we cant get into much here with out hitting the no political talk limit and second someone like Jerry Brown wont eliminate something like C.A.R.B
Old 03-20-2011, 02:11 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by slogoat
Couldn't have said it better myself. I will forward this. I understand the sniffer test, even though i don't agree with it. What i don't understand(the visual inspection) is that how certain mods that have nothing to do with emissions, such as my Vararam Intake, won't pass smog because it doesnt have a CARB #. All that's about is money. Why can't i run longtubes with high flow cats? All that should matter is what comes out of the tailpipe, if we are truly concerned about the environment. But no, CARB says i cant, and it comes down to money. The residents of California need to vote at every election and get rid of the bureaucracy that is bankrupting this state.

Sorry guys enough with the rant.
Because they are a run away organization Bro

And yes it will get worse if we don't put them in Check

They a sham Organization that operates outside of the facts

I mean look, You can't even run longtube headers or pass smog if you have a check engine light on,

Even if the car passes the sniffer !

I claim it's my car

I bought it and as long as it passes the sniffer what I put on it is none of your business

Also I support a huge aftermarket community

They Produce Nothing that helps the economy

In Fact they Harm the economy
Old 03-20-2011, 02:13 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by barkerpa3466
I totally agree with you, and I'm sure most of the guys on here do too but one we cant get into much here with out hitting the no political talk limit and second someone like Jerry Brown wont eliminate something like C.A.R.B
Yeah well okay ?

But this topic very much affects the car community

And it supports our sponsor's who have the right to Market their products to a Gigantic Car culture living here in California

Last edited by VonDutch; 03-20-2011 at 02:54 PM.
Old 03-20-2011, 02:36 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey I love the idea...but he isn't going to eliminate something he helped create and his family makes millions a year from...just saying. I do like the effort though.
Old 03-20-2011, 02:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Couldn't have said it better man, with you 100%. I'll forward this on where I can, we need to atleast get rid of some of their power if not eliminate them completely.
Old 03-20-2011, 02:53 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by HEYPAL01impala
Hey I love the idea...but he isn't going to eliminate something he helped create and his family makes millions a year from...just saying. I do like the effort though.
C.A.R.B Makes nothing

And generates Nothing but "Red Tape"

CARB costs Jobs, and Costs Billions of Dollars each year Here in California by preventing the sale of E85

Also Don't forget all the jobs lost in the Aftermarket Car parts = Billions $$$$$$$$

Car Culture is Huge in California

Thus we need to Band together and Eliminate CARB

Most Truckers would like to see CARB gone as well

http://killcarb.org/2010021301-PoetLawsuit.html
Old 03-20-2011, 03:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I really think the bullshit needs to stop! If you can pass an emissions test, it shouldnt matter what you have done to your car, or what number/numbers your parts have or dont have!

How in the hell does an intake effect emmisions anyway? Sure, my AFR 205s have a CARB number on them, but thats NOT why i bought them!
Old 03-20-2011, 03:28 PM
Teching In

This I know and we had a chance this year with prop 23 to strike down ab32 and the voting public idiots went against it. They called the clean air act showed pictures of oils spills and smoke stacks when in reality it has nothing to do with that. The voting public is made of idiots that get their facts from tv ads and radio commercials so in reality EVERY car guy would have to vote to kill carb but you and I know that wont happen. But hey if this works 30 secs to send an email is worth it I just doubt it will.
Old 03-20-2011, 03:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Meh, the sheeple of this will keep voting in morons, i hold little hope.
Old 03-20-2011, 04:07 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by HEYPAL01impala
This I know and we had a chance this year with prop 23 to strike down ab32 and the voting public idiots went against it. They called the clean air act showed pictures of oils spills and smoke stacks when in reality it has nothing to do with that. The voting public is made of idiots that get their facts from tv ads and radio commercials so in reality EVERY car guy would have to vote to kill carb but you and I know that wont happen. But hey if this works 30 secs to send an email is worth it I just doubt it will.
I know Dude

Can you Believe how D***** the masses are

Another thing I noticed is they won't stand up for their rights lol

Another thing that has amazed me is how they will sell their country out for a few dollars " Wow ! "

I have much respect for those serving abroad and Vow to do my best to keep America free here at home

Thanks To All !
Old 03-20-2011, 04:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

If you guys really want to stay informed, join the SEMA "SAN" network. They are the ones fighting in the courts to keep our hobby alive.

http://www.semasan.com

Browse through that site, you will be WAY more informed. Most people dont really know the pros and cons to things like e15 or e85. I am a member jfyi
Old 03-20-2011, 04:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The only issue is this is Jerry Browns pet, he was apart of the enactment of CARB which then allowed for his fathers phillipine based oil company to gain from CARBs domestic regulations.
Old 03-20-2011, 04:59 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LS1Adam84
The only issue is this is Jerry Browns pet, he was apart of the enactment of CARB which then allowed for his fathers phillipine based oil company to gain from CARBs domestic regulations.
Yeah But CARB is Liable

They have failed to protect the people of California by Blocking the sale of E85

And have encouraged the sale of Imported Fossil fuels

Which is exactly the opposite of what they were formed to do

Therfore CARB is A Failure

Because CARB was designed to "Maintain California Air Quality"

Once again they have not done that by providing the People of California with E85

And now they are Liable
Old 03-20-2011, 10:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

So they are liable, jerry brown is in charge thanks to the blind masses and CARB is his pet. He doesnt care if they are liable he only cares that his families wallet gets bigger and keeping CARB keeps this cycle going, he doesnt care.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by KILLER-LS1
If you guys really want to stay informed, join the SEMA "SAN" network. They are the ones fighting in the courts to keep our hobby alive.

http://www.semasan.com

Browse through that site, you will be WAY more informed. Most people dont really know the pros and cons to things like e15 or e85. I am a member jfyi
+1 on joining Sema Action Network..they have every little piece of legislature that goes up in every state nationwide and gives you details as well as who and how to contact to support or go against whatever is in debate
Old 03-20-2011, 10:29 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LS1Adam84
So they are liable, jerry brown is in charge thanks to the blind masses and CARB is his pet. He doesnt care if they are liable he only cares that his families wallet gets bigger and keeping CARB keeps this cycle going, he doesnt care.
I did a search on Jerrys browns Affiliation with CARB

How does his wallet get bigger when CARB was Established in 1967 ?
Old 03-20-2011, 10:48 PM
11 Second Club

copy and pasted and sent it to the old bastard

Quick Reply: Eliminate C.A.R.B Of California ?