Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Anybody in/near Fontana?

Old 03-31-2011, 01:31 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anybody in/near Fontana?

Alright so I'm working for a big worldwide company out here in Chicago.I'd like to eventually transfer to a plant out in Fontana CA. I have a few questions though...

Does anyone know how it is out there? Ie: neighborhoods/schools/**** like this. I was stationed in 29 palms for awhile and I was usually out in LA every weekend. The only thing I'm worried about is the whole smog deal. We have it real easy out here with emissions in IL. My WS6 is currently being turboed right now. Is it really that much of a bitch to have cars like we do out there? Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks again!

Anthony
Old 03-31-2011, 02:23 PM
On The Tree

Any moving of the cats is illegal. I do not personally know of any turbo set ups that are CARB approved other than the rear mounted one. Any one knows different please chime in. There are always ways around it . If you know what I mean. CARB = California Air Resources Board. They certify compliance on all emission related components. Good luck. I am near Fontana in Rancho Cucamonga. Basically one city over.
Old 03-31-2011, 03:00 PM
TECH Resident

Is it nice out there as far as the neighborhoods go? You know **** like that...
Old 03-31-2011, 03:00 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My impala was turboed for a long time...just have to find a "smog friendly " shop
Old 03-31-2011, 03:02 PM
Teching In

Depends on what part of fontana really there are nice parts (newer construction ) and then there is ghetto.
Old 03-31-2011, 03:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

North Fontana is nice it's similar to rancho, houses are new and huge, Fontana gets worse the further south u get. As far as your car just don't drive like an *** keep it quiet and you shouldn't have a problem. As far as schools I think most people try to get in the rancho cucamonga schools.
Old 03-31-2011, 03:47 PM
TECH Resident

Thanks for the advice. Like I said, its nothing happening very soon. I'm just trying to research my options as I would love to come out west in the near future.

I would try and make things happen sooner, but I just recently bought a house here so I'm stuck for a bit.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:20 PM
JMR
Teching In

everything north of the 210 is nice, and south of that.....well most of it is ghetto..
BTW in regards to the school district:
By Michael J. Sorba Staff Writer

Posted: 01/28/2011 06:57:03 PM PST

FONTANA – The Fontana Unified School District would be forced to cut more than $25 million from its budget if voters don’t approve five-year extensions of several tax increases the Legislature imposed two years ago, officials say.

That scenario would force the district to identify the bare minimum slate of programs and services it’s legally obligated to provide and place everything else – such as athletics and music programs – on the chopping block, officials say.

“People need to understand we need these taxes,” said district Board member Leticia Garcia. “We need this special election to be successful.”

A recent poll released by the San Francisco-based Public Policy Institute of California says two-thirds of state voters support a special election.

Gov. Jerry Brown said in his budget proposal that he wants to ask voters to extend sales and income tax and vehicle license fee increases to help fill the state’s $25 billion deficit. He’s proposed the special election be held sometime in June. An election requires legislative approval.

It could decide if the Board of Education will have to cut about $11.8 million from its budget or approximately $25.3 million, said Alejandro Alvarez, associate superintendent of business services.

An $11,000 cap on health benefits and less than a dozen layoffs would solve the $11.8 million deficit, he said. If employee unions don’t agree to the cap more layoffs would be needed and the district could cut some programs, Alvarez said.

The district pays the full cost of health, dental, vision and life insurance benefits its employees receive, which amounts to an average of about $12,700 each, Alvarez said.

A district report says total benefits costs for employees, consisting of both health and pension benefits, will increase by about $8.1 million in the 2011-12 fiscal year beginning July 1.

Superintendent Cali Olsen-Binks said the rise is entirely related to higher health insurance rates. Step and column pay raises for employees in the 2011-12 fiscal year are expected to cost an additional $2 million, the report says.
and is getting worse, many employees are not going to be around next year; take a look at the latest board meetings.http://www.fusd.net/district/board/online.stm

Last edited by JMR; 03-31-2011 at 08:28 PM.
Old 04-01-2011, 12:46 AM
TECH Resident

Ouch..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anybody in/near Fontana?